MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 05-28-2021

I'd still say these 4 teams are likely to deal with the Mavs for KP:

Charlotte with Rozier and Washington
Wizards with Bertrans and Hachimura
Bulls with a SNT Lauri
Indiana with Turner and Lamb

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Branduil - 05-28-2021

If you could change Turner and Lamb to Turner and Brogdon that would be an absolute steal. I'd even be willing to throw in Brunson to make that happen.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SwisherPrice - 05-28-2021

He's done here and I think everyone there knows it internally. He's just a poor fit on this team. It's clear they don't have faith in him and he doesn't have faith in the coaches. If he's not a guy who can be counted on to create offense then there's no point. Too many possessions where the offense is stale, even with Luka in the game, and KP is just being used as a floor spacer. We're not paying him all that money just to be a stretch big.

But then when they do try to run offense through him, he doesn't have much to his game besides those fadeaways in the post. 

I'm not sure how effective he can be in today's perimeter-based league (ex: can he still be a #1 option/MVP potential player he was hyped up to be in NY in 2017). However, it's clear he needs an offense to be based around him. As a #2 or complimentary player, it's just not the role for him.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 05-29-2021

(05-28-2021, 11:49 PM)Branduil Wrote: If you could change Turner and Lamb to Turner and Brogdon that would be an absolute steal. I'd even be willing to throw in Brunson to make that happen.

If the Mavs can do that, sure.. but I don't think Indy's going to be scammed. I'm okay with Turner and Lamb and a second round pick with KP as the only outgoing.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 05-29-2021

(05-28-2021, 11:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1398499618720260097

Ya know what KP? How about just STFU and play your hardest?

I don't understand how many times this guy says "Im frustrated with things"

How about just play?? He hasn't earned the right to be this level of primadonna.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 12:30 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ya know what KP? How about just STFU and play your hardest?

I don't understand how many times this guy says "Im frustrated with things"

How about just play?? He hasn't earned the right to be this level of primadonna.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4624104]

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Scott41theMavs - 05-29-2021

He's not a bad fit. He's bad at basketball. What a disaster. The trade options listed above on this page of the thread are ludicrous. We aren't going to get anything of value for him. We aren't getting cap room. We will have to attach several assets to him to offload him, and the mediocre players and almost-as-bad contracts coming back are going to be putrid. 

Just hope Luka signs that extension with the next three years completely trashed. So frigging angry right now.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - BolsDamols - 05-29-2021

Bring that guy to a strip club pronto

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - BolsDamols - 05-29-2021

(05-28-2021, 11:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1398499618720260097

too much mind bro

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 12:47 AM)BolsDamols Wrote: too much mind bro

Not enough heart.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Mavs2021 - 05-29-2021

Facundo Campazzo (who is 5’11") is averaging 1 more rebound per game than Kristaps Porzingis (who is 7’3") in this playoffs.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 05-29-2021

I watched this game at a bar (sorry if that's why they lost, @"DrMav"), so I got the chance to hear @"mavsluvr" and Brian Dameris's postgame on the ticket for a change while I drove home. Dameris watched the game with Dirk, and apparently there was a lot of conversation about how KP just hasn't learned any moves that take advantage of his height when he has a mismatch. It was nothing we don't already know, but I felt a little satisfaction knowing that Dirk agrees with us. This is not about how he's being used - KP just has very little game outside of catch and shoot from the perimeter. 

As always, I'm here to say that a long, slow burn of offensive development doesn't concern me. It took Dirk a while, too, and while I'm positive he'll never be Dirk, I can live with some stinkers on offense like we saw tonight along the developmental path, even if he is overpaid and a little long in the tooth to be as raw as he is. 

However, his DEFENSIVE abilities are TRULY concerning. The game is ever-progressing towards mobility and skill, and his defensive mobility and IQ seem to be trending the wrong direction at a VERY young age (physical prime wise). 

I think when you guys see what they end up getting for this guy in trade, you'll wish they'd have traded him sooner, rather than later. I hope I'm wrong.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ThisIStheYear - 05-29-2021

There’s a chance  Zinger could bring back Al Horford, Kevin Love, or John Wall.  Wiggins may be out of reach.

Ok ok people relax. 

KP is playing bad. But he's not at the level of KLove/Horford/Wall.

I mean cmon.

(05-29-2021, 02:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: KP...not at the level of KLove/Horford/Wall.

Of course not. 

But, the contract DOES make taking him on very hard to swallow. It would have to be a team in a specific situation to think he could help them. I think the list might be pretty short. If he was on a Powell contract, there would be a dozen suitors.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Branduil - 05-29-2021

The good news is we only need one team to bite, not a dozen. But yeah he's not bringing back anything of real value, the most we can hope for is that a trade gives us the opportunity to get a real #2 later.

(05-29-2021, 02:50 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Of course not. 

But, the contract DOES make taking him on very hard to swallow. It would have to be a team in a specific situation to think he could help them. I think the list might be pretty short. If he was on a Powell contract, there would be a dozen suitors.

I mean CHA could bite. SAC could bite. Young teams looking to make the jump can see the value of KP. Heck I can even see BOS looking at KP.

(05-29-2021, 03:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean CHA could bite. SAC could bite. Young teams looking to make the jump can see the value of KP. Heck I can even see BOS looking at KP.

CHA, SAC and BOS are some of the very few potential options, maybe, yeah. Of course the next step is determining what high priced pile of crap you want to take back in order to get whatever modest assets you can in return. We KNOW that, because any player making KP money (or honestly, any combo of two players making that much) that we'd want here are attractive to us specifically because they aren't underperforming the way he is, and therefore not available for KP. 

Maybe there's a fit for Kemba Walker, for example, but people didn't seem excited when we discussed that last week. I don't blame them, but I have a feeling that finding the right trade partner (if that's even the way the Mavs go) will be MUCH more difficult than we here imagine. 

This is a grieving process, and I'm a few months ahead of most of you. I'm not even really worried about it anymore, tbh. And, in the meantime I do expect KP to turn in 1-2 better performances before these playoffs end. Better than last night, anyway.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - khaled1987 - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 03:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean CHA could bite. SAC could bite. Young teams looking to make the jump can see the value of KP. Heck I can even see BOS looking at KP.

Maybe,  or they might be just interested in someone else. 
Boston would go for KP if they give us Kemba.
And tbqh, I think the Horford, Kemba,Wiggins etc have the advantage of shorter contracts. Those are players who canbe used as big expiring after living with them for one year.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 03:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Young teams looking to make the jump can see the value of KP. Heck I can even see BOS looking at KP.

I seriously doubt it.  Other teams arent stupid.  What "jump" would KP give them?  I think it's time to admit KP was a huge mistake.  We need to dump his bum ass before it costs us Luka.  At this point, I'd trade him for an expiring contract and no other assets.