MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 05-26-2021

(05-26-2021, 11:19 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: My concern is that he has to play far better than he has so far in the series to generate trade value.
Not too sure about that. His box score stats aren’t where they should be for a rookie contract max guy (not all max’s are the same), but you can absolutely see how he is helping this team win while he is in the game. 

If we make it to play Utah, he could become a box score darling. I think a team like the Warriors can see what he brings to the table for a team like them in this series. Boston, Washington and Charlotte should be taking notice too, if they’re not. There will be suitors out there, question will be if our FO agrees with needing to trade him.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 05-26-2021

(05-26-2021, 11:19 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: My concern is that he has to play far better than he has so far in the series to generate trade value.

I don't think so really. He isn't playing amazing but he's clearly talented and GMs will always say that the current team isn't using him right. What would hurt his value is major fallout w/the team and more than anything injury. If he can survive without getting injured I believe his value will be just fine. Does that mean you are getting Bradley Beal? No. It's rare that the team wanting to trade their player will get 100 cents to the dollar. But there will be offers out there that can improve the Mavs.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 05-26-2021

(05-26-2021, 12:15 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't think so really. He isn't playing amazing but he's clearly talented and GMs will always say that the current team isn't using him right. What would hurt his value is major fallout w/the team and more than anything injury. If he can survive without getting injured I believe his value will be just fine. Does that mean you are getting Bradley Beal? No. It's rare that the team wanting to trade their player will get 100 cents to the dollar. But there will be offers out there that can improve the Mavs.
He won’t bring Beal value in trade, but in all seriousness, he very well could bring his value on the court given health and the right team. I’m sure our FO is trying figure out if the right team is us which will decide his fate as a Mav.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 05-26-2021

(05-26-2021, 12:05 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Boston, Washington and Charlotte should be taking notice too, if they’re not. 

For Boston would you take back Smart, Horford + a first round pick in a 3 way deal?

The trade would be KP + filler to Boston. Kemba to OKC (who every year basically takes on a bad contract), Horford, Smart plus a Celtics lotto-protected pick. Boston would do this because KP adds another dimension to their offense they are lacking. Smart's stock is lower but would be a great fit I think on the Mavs. Horford does more what Rick needs his stretch 5 to do on both ends. Mavs would probably then resign THJ and fill in depth with MLE.

Luka/Brunson
Smart/THJ
DFS/Green
Powell/WCS
Horford/Maxi

THJ would get paid a lot to come off the bench but like Jet he would be bench in name only basically. Rick would have the option to start THJ and bring Smart off the bench.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 05-28-2021

Now I am realizing KP is saving fouls early in the game. I think 2nd half KP looks more aggressive since he has more fouls to give. With that I can live with his approach earlier in the game I just wish he would crash the boards harder and do other things that require energy without risking fouls.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - IamDougieFresh - 05-28-2021

I'm going to go ahead and post before the game ends so I don't look like I'm judging based on the result of the game. I have been a KP defender. The way he is getting exploited on defense... Couple that with the fact that he can't consistently carry the load on offense... We have to make a change. Very unfortunate but it has to be done.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 05-28-2021

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Branduil - 05-28-2021

Mavs just have to find one team they can scam this offseason and end this nightmare. Get Collins or Holmes or whoever but it's time to go in a different direction.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dirkfansince1998 - 05-28-2021

Cannot wait for the excuses. Just move on. His trade value won´t increase. It is getting worse.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - loki - 05-28-2021

I still think Washington is the most likely team to get desperate and trade for KP. I was hoping for Bertans/Bryant/lotto pick. Now it's more like Bertans/Bryant and hope the Mavs don't have to add all their picks.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 05-28-2021

(05-28-2021, 11:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Cannot wait for the excuses. Just move on. His trade value won´t increase. It is getting worse.

They HAVE to pull the trigger this summer. Holding on to him will be a colossal franchise mistake. It honestly doesn't matter what they get in return....get as much as you can and just move forward. Luka is too good to just "bide your time."

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Branduil - 05-28-2021

Even just cap space would be a net win. Mavs could get one of Holmes/Collins and also go after one of the young guards available.

(05-28-2021, 11:29 PM)Branduil Wrote: Even just cap space would be a net win

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - loki - 05-28-2021

(05-28-2021, 11:29 PM)Branduil Wrote: Even just cap space would be a net win. Mavs could get one of Holmes/Collins and also go after one of the young guards available.

It would be, but no one is taking on that contract for free. Players with horrible deals only seem to get moved when another horrible deal is coming back. See Paul/Westbrook, Wall/Westbrook, Wiggins/Russell.

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1398493589643145217

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1398499242067611655

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1398499618720260097

(05-28-2021, 11:33 PM)loki Wrote: It would be, but no one is taking on that contract for free. Players with horrible deals only seem to get moved when another horrible deal is coming back. See Paul/Westbrook, Wall/Westbrook, Wiggins/Russell.
OKC has an excess of cap space and an extreme excess of picks. I think at the very least they would be willing to kick the tires on him.

(05-28-2021, 11:41 PM)Branduil Wrote: OKC has an excess of cap space and an extreme excess of picks

Yeah, they would be one of my first calls. I bet OKC at minimum could rehab some of his value on a tanking team.

(05-28-2021, 11:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah, they would be one of my first calls. I bet OKC at minimum could rehab some of his value on a tanking team.
They really have to consolidate their picks and space into something at some point, they literally won't be able to sign all of their picks, and no one wants to go to OKC as a free agent.