MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dynamicalVoid - 04-15-2021

(04-14-2021, 11:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/1382553321257390080

Boban has been putting in overtime for the Mavs

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Scott41theMavs - 04-15-2021

(04-15-2021, 05:20 AM)Jannemann2 Wrote: "I'm glad to watch it" is clearly a cheap shot emphasizing Zinger is doomed to stand watching while Luka hogs the ball does things Tongue . (just joking)

If English was his first language, I would say you're on to something - i.e. Zinger gave us a zinger.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 04-18-2021

https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/status/1145480985389088768

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 04-19-2021

(04-18-2021, 11:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/status/1145480985389088768

Chris Palmer is probably the most scummiest/TMZ/tabloid NBA guy out there. He has built his entire job around reactionary takes to get the most engagement.

Randle is having a career year. Randle is having a better year than KP. No Randle is not the better player.

Let's see how the Knicks do next year in a regular season.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dirkfansince1998 - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 01:43 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Chris Palmer is probably the most scummiest/TMZ/tabloid NBA guy out there. He has built his entire job around reactionary takes to get the most engagement.

Randle is having a career year. Randle is having a better year than KP. No Randle is not the better player.

Actually think that current Randle is better than any version of KP. 24/11/6 57%TS. Certainly better boxscore numbers than KP. He is the first option on a team with a 31-27 record. Mavs with Luka and KP have a 30-26 record and it´s not like Randle´s supporting cast is great. He is playing in the weaker ECF and the team plays good defense but he is carrying a Luka like offensive load.
With KP we are still talking about the impact player that he could potentially be if he stays healthy and develops his game. He had really impressive 10-20 game stretches but never played an entire season on the level of current Randle. We assume that the "everything goes right" version of KP is better than Randle but I want to see it before I declare him the superior player.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 04-19-2021

Randle doesn't give you a ton on defense but the Knicks defense is really good thanks to Thibs so he is in a good situation. KP hasn't been giving a ton on defense but has a lot more defensive upside.

That being said I would be willing to move KP for the right trade. If we could land Brog + Turner somehow I would be all over that. I think Turner does what Rick wants his 5 to do right now and Brog would be a perfect backcourt pairing with Luka.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Chicagojk - 04-19-2021

KP needs to play better, no doubt.  Although I don't see a trade involving him this offseason.  I think it is much more likely there is a coaching change before a KP trade.   I don't expect a coaching change, but that is the easiest thing to change over getting suitable value back from a KP trade.  Easier to make a coaching change.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 10:11 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: KP needs to play better, no doubt.  Although I don't see a trade involving him this offseason.  I think it is much more likely there is a coaching change before a KP trade.   I don't expect a coaching change, but that is the easiest thing to change over getting suitable value back from a KP trade.  Easier to make a coaching change.

I would say the opposite. I think Rick is here until he retires so I would expect Rick to last much longer than KP.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Mavs2021 - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 01:43 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Chris Palmer is probably the most scummiest/TMZ/tabloid NBA guy out there. He has built his entire job around reactionary takes to get the most engagement.

What is the definition of being a better player?

Porzingis career 18.7 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 1.5 APG, 2.0 BPG, 0.7 SPG (31.2 MPG)
Porzingis best 22.7 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 2.4 BPG, 0.8 SPG (32.4 MPG)

Randle career  17.1 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 3.2 APG, 0.4 BPG, 0.7 SPG (30.2 MPG)
Randle best 23.7 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 6.1 APG, 0.3 BPG, 1.0 SPG (37.4 MPG)

It´s absolutely arguable, who is the better player.

Porzingis has never been the #1 option on a winning team, so even if they do not win next regular season, Randle has still won more in New York than Porzingis ever has. 

Of course it is not arguable, if you don´t want to admit the Mavs could have just signed Randle for $18M and saved themselves three 1st round picks in the process. Well and the four 2nd round picks they used for the Delon Wright debacle instead.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ThisIStheYear - 04-19-2021

At the end of the day, Luka and KP will decide, directly or indirectly, whether KP stays or goes.  If the Mavs finish the year with a downward slide and Luka or KP are unhappy with the partnership, that’s that.  This is a superstar’s league. The Mavs job right now is to help Luka win. The knocks on KP have been injuries and that while he can put up gaudy traditional stats, they don’t seem to translate to wins and often the advanced stats don’t look nearly as good. He’s had some very good individual games recently (last night notwithstanding), but the jury is still out on both questions. I have doubts. I’m not seeing much synergy between these two players very often.

(04-19-2021, 02:21 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The knocks on KP have been injuries and that while he can put up gaudy traditional stats, they don’t seem to translate to wins and often the advanced stats don’t look nearly as good.

Someone can run the latest winning % but I remember not that long ago their record together this season (or all-time?) was like 60%. I am pretty sure that was like this season. Now with this losing skid that included both of them it might be a little bit lower, I am curious what the record is now if someone knows how to look that up.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 04-19-2021

I think the Mavs are 19-18 when Luka+KP play....so 51% winning percentage.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Mavs2021 - 04-19-2021

Maybe it´s time to look at the real culprits and stop blaming the players.

This is all on Carlisle, Nelson and Cuban.

Why is this team tired?

Cause 60% of the roster barely played the last few weeks (or all season)! Whose decision was that (roster configuration/playing time)?

What did the Mavs do to rectify this at the deadline?

Basically NOTHING. They should have acquired Drummond and signed Parker to strengthen our depth chart offensively. Would have cost roughly the same as Redick (who doesn´t want to be here) and Melli (who the Mavs didn´t want to be here).

Why do Doncic and Porzingis not click together? Why does Porzingis  not click at all?

How is the main responsibility/blame with the 22/25 years olds. What about the 30 year veteran NBA coach for failing to build a proper offense/defense around them in 24 months or the GM for failing to build a proper squad around them in 24 months.

I mean okay we trade Porzingis. You think the MBT is going to win the trade? Why do we trust them to suddenly get it right, when they haven´t for the last 10 years.

The praise they get for drafting the most successful young player in basketball history after butchering the tank to get him is astonishing. Think about it. Luka was literally the most accomplished young player in basketball history. Nobody at age 19 could match that. So basically the Mavs want credit for drafting potential LeBron and not potential Al Horford (WCJ) and potential Tyson Chandler (Mo Bamba). And while the teams ahead should have taken Luka, it´s not like three of the four players "chosen ahead" with Ayton, Young and JJJ aren´t elite talents themselves and already playing on winning teams.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - cow - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 05:17 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Maybe it´s time to look at the real culprits and stop blaming the players.

This is all on Carlisle, Nelson and Cuban.

I *think* most of us here already but the reality is that the only way Carlisle/Donnie are gone is if they retire, Luka demands a change or if Luka gets fed up and asks out of the debacle.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 05:23 PM)cow Wrote: I *think* most of us here already but the reality is that the only way Carlisle/Donnie are gone is if they retire, Luka demands a change or if Luka gets fed up and asks out of the debacle.
Ok, let's pool board money and make an offer to Cuban for the team. We could probably come up with about $100K and offer him a mod position on the board (Admin might be overdoing it!).

(04-19-2021, 05:23 PM)cow Wrote: I *think* most of us here already but the reality is that the only way Carlisle/Donnie are gone is if they retire, Luka demands a change or if Luka gets fed up and asks out of the debacle.

Right that is correct. Luka is more important than Rick at this point so if he says he wants a new coach then Rick will go. They seem to have a good enough relationship at the moment. We will see how things go in the future.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 04-19-2021

https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1384292230517587973

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - michaeltex - 04-20-2021

I feel like KP may be slipping away, at least in the eyes of some of the board members.

I, for one, would like to see how KP performs after a summer of no surgeries and maybe some time in the practice facility to work on holes in his game, adding a new move or two and continuing to train for dealing with a season's worth of abuse.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 04-20-2021

(04-20-2021, 12:36 PM)michaeltex Wrote: I feel like KP may be slipping away, at least in the eyes of some of the board members.

I, for one, would like to see how KP performs after a summer of no surgeries and maybe some time in the practice facility to work on holes in his game, adding a new move or two and continuing to train for dealing with a season's worth of abuse.
Because of injury probability, I would rather move him to a team that see’s value in this statement. If there are none, I would want to keep him and let him prove everyone wrong!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dynamicalVoid - 04-20-2021

(04-20-2021, 12:36 PM)michaeltex Wrote: I feel like KP may be slipping away, at least in the eyes of some of the board members.

There is no substitute for in game learning...

But...if I am the Mavs and this is a throw away year AND you would prefer to keep KP than move him if there isnt behind the scenes issues and you believe you have an offensive game plan to utilize him and keep him and Luka happy...

I would shut KP down now to prevent in game injury.   Have him work on his game from now until next season.   

This is if you are one of the people that thinks KP could be a lot better if he actually had a healthy offseason to strengthen and work on his game. 

This would hurt his trade value as teams would question whats going on.  Again...this is only if you think the potential is there for him to be a lot better with a healthy off season and because it doesnt seem like the Mavs are trying to do anything this year.