MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Hypermav - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 04:17 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The trade machine posts have been less frequent lately also...

I have been busy.  Working on a Wiseman trade now.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - cow - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 04:17 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The trade machine posts have been less frequent lately also...

The TDL passed.  Just wait until the offseason!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Scott41theMavs - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 05:12 PM)cow Wrote: The TDL passed.  Just wait until the offseason!

If KP continues to put up those numbers and avoids injury from now to the end of the playoffs, and if the Mavs are still thinking in terms of trading him, he should bring a fairly bigger return than he would have brought at the TDL.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 06:24 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If KP continues to put up those numbers and avoids injury from now to the end of the playoffs, and if the Mavs are still thinking in terms of trading him, he should bring a fairly bigger return than he would have brought at the TDL.

Fingers crossed!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 06:24 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If KP continues to put up those numbers and avoids injury from now to the end of the playoffs, and if the Mavs are still thinking in terms of trading him, he should bring a fairly bigger return than he would have brought at the TDL.
This has been my thinking all along. I mean, I will say, as soon as he does start looking good is when this board starts pooping on any inkling of a suggestion to trade a player. I will say this now. I am going to be annoying to those posters this offseason!

If KP gets injured, I will be annoying to those posters that want to trade him no matter the cost on the flip side!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - cow - 04-12-2021

I don't think we'll trade him this offseason in all seriousness.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 04-13-2021

https://old.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/mq1gx3/the_lowe_post_zach_assess_porzingis_run_this/

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - cow - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 12:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://old.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/mq1gx3/the_lowe_post_zach_assess_porzingis_run_this/

Pump that trade value up, Zach!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 04-14-2021

[Image: Ey8bAIUVUAc-nwD?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 04-14-2021

Can't wait to see Gobert in the playoffs.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dynamicalVoid - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 12:35 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Can't wait to see Gobert in the playoffs.

Dont know which side you are on based on that comment...

I am just chiming in to say that I swear I have read people say Gobert got abused in playoffs.  

Two things...

1) Abused might be too strong

2) I didnt do the research to go back and look to see how he did last year in playoffs.   

I believe I read this on RealGM.  Maybe I am mistaken about this...but I swear I have read discussion about Gobert not doing well in playoffs or maybe just last year playoffs.

Regardless...he is a disruptor in the paint.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 01:28 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I believe I read this on RealGM.  Maybe I am mistaken about this...but I swear I have read discussion about Gobert not doing well in playoffs or maybe just last year playoffs.

There were moments in the HOU series Gobert had trouble containing Harden in the PnR, and that's probably where that narrative Gobert got abused came from. But I mean... its James Harden. Hard to fault Gobert there. AND he was actually okay, which lends more credence to Gobert's fantastic defense as a big for even being able to be passable against Harden.

I think Gobert is probably the best rim protector the NBA has seen in the last 22 years. Would love him on the Mavs though a Gobert/KP pairing seems a little wonky on paper.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - TXBamanut - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 02:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think Gobert is probably the best rim protector the NBA has seen in the last 22 years. Would love him on the Mavs though a Gobert/KP pairing seems a little wonky on paper.

I'm not sure I can go there.  You look at blocks per game, for me, on rim protection and he's 18th, in the meat of his career, and there are guys that are ahead of him, having to add in their over-the-hill stats into that blocks per game number.

He is OUTSTANDING, but I'm not putting him in the best ever or best of this millennium list yet.  This year is the most blocks per game that Rudy has ever had in a season at 2.8...and Alonzo Mourning put up 2.7 per game...at age 35 in 2005-06 (painful year) in 2/3 the minutes per game, btw.  He's just one on the list ahead of Rudy.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 03:14 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I'm not sure I can go there.  You look at blocks per game, for me, on rim protection and he's 18th, in the meat of his career, and there are guys that are ahead of him, having to add in their over-the-hill stats into that blocks per game number.

He is OUTSTANDING, but I'm not putting him in the best ever or best of this millennium list yet.  This year is the most blocks per game that Rudy has ever had in a season at 2.8...and Alonzo Mourning put up 2.7 per game...at age 35 in 2005-06 (painful year) in 2/3 the minutes per game, btw.  He's just one on the list ahead of Rudy.

Not going to try and derail a KP thread, but Gobert's impact goes beyond counting stats (as Kamm has demonstrated thoroughly). His sheer length and speed is what makes him so unique. He's 2 inches taller than Mourning and has a 3 inch longer wingspan, but still has the ability to cover the same amount of ground as young Zo could. I think in todays run n gun heavy PnR game, there are less opportunities for blocks like the mid 90s early 2000's heavy iso post up game. I can easily see Gobert averaging 3+bpg in that era.

I'm already there to put Gobert on the best of all time paint protectors pyramid. Maybe I went a bit too far to say he's the best in the last 22 years because there were 2 people named Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan during that time in their prime but I think Gobert has shown enough to be included with those guys.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 04:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm already there to put Gobert on the best of all time paint protectors pyramid.

Agreed. Gobert is doing it in an age where it is MOST difficult to be a rim protector. His context is DAMN hard to do what he does.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - cow - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 04:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Agreed. Gobert is doing it in an age where it is MOST difficult to be a rim protector. His context is DAMN hard to do what he does.

But is he a top 10 player in the league?   Big Grin

(04-14-2021, 04:28 PM)cow Wrote: But is he a top 10 player in the league? 

I think I was clearly proven wrong. He is a scrub that barely deserves to be in the league. Wink

https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/1382553321257390080

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - meistermatze - 04-15-2021

Wow, that sounds nice from Zinger. If he truly was jealous, he could have phrased it more neutral.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Jannemann2 - 04-15-2021

(04-15-2021, 03:59 AM)meistermatze Wrote: Wow, that sounds nice from Zinger. If he truly was jealous, he could have phrased it more neutral.

"I'm glad to watch it" is clearly a cheap shot emphasizing Zinger is doomed to stand watching while Luka hogs the ball does things Tongue . (just joking)