MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 04:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hey there is still room on KP island for all the deserters!

We'll welcome you back with open arms.

I never stopped believing in his offensive potential, though I do hope he and the team figure out how to apply it in such a way that creates for others (above the obvious space he creates, which is already extremely helpful). 

It's all about the defensive end for me. Since about three games before the break, he has been moving a bit better. Not constantly, but for at least chunks of every single game. If he keeps that up, then I'll be reclaiming my bamboo hut on the island pretty soon. Make sure nobody has moved in.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 05:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's all about the defensive end for me

It is three things for me:

1) His defensive capability and positive on/off impact moving forward.

2) His injury risk and availability moving forward.

3) His attitude and chemistry fit moving forward.

Him playing better is awesome. But my concerns run much, much deeper than him putting up great individual numbers.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 03-14-2021

I am willing to stick with KP this year and see how things go.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 05:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 2) His injury risk and availability moving forward.

Yeah, I should've mentioned this too, I guess. I just kind of mix it in with my thinking about KP automatically, as if it's assumed. But, you're right - that's a sign that I'm becoming desensitized to the constant threat of injury, which we must constantly remind ourselves is not a great situation for a 25 year old max contract guy.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 03-14-2021

To be fair Anthony Davis and Embiid get injured a lot. In fact they are on multi week injuries right now.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - DanSchwartzgan - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 04:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hey there is still room on KP island for all the deserters!

We'll welcome you back with open arms.

Cute.  For anyone who is interested in a kind-of insider perspective on KP should listen to the 2/24 episode of 77 minutes in Heaven.  Tim Cato makes a strong defense of the KP he's come to know.  It is a long episode, but Cato gets a little passionate when discussing KP.  There is a section where he talks about how introspective KP is in explaining what he was trying to do on any given night and why it worked or didn't.  Gives a different perspective than the vibe KP was giving off prior to the break.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 05:54 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: To be fair Anthony Davis and Embiid get injured a lot. In fact they are on multi week injuries right now.
I don’t really want those two players either. If it isn’t mostly written in stone that a high end contributor will make the full playoff run, I’m pretty much out on them. I’ve cooled off on VO for this reason.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - cow - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 05:54 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: To be fair Anthony Davis and Embiid get injured a lot. In fact they are on multi week injuries right now.

While true (there is a reason Davis other nickname is Day-to-Davis), KP is probably a tier or so below the level of players that AD and Joel are.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dirkfansince1998 - 03-15-2021

Among the best bigs in the league Jokic is the only one without lingering health/injury issues.

Don´t know if we have any numbers to back it up but it feels like the current generation of "superstar" bigs cannot stay healthy. Makes me wonder if this is a league wide trend. Are rules changes, a quicker game and more movement in general leading to more injuries? Are current bigman just more injury-prone? Duncan, Garnett or Dirk rarely missed games. Only had minor injuries. Obviously started to show signs of aging in their 30s. Same for Robinson, Olajuwon or Ewing. No big injuries in their prime. Robinson had a freak injury in 96/97.
We obviously also have other examples. Yao Ming, Bill Walton, Ralph Sampson with career ending/altering injuries.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 03-15-2021

(03-14-2021, 09:00 PM)cow Wrote: While true (there is a reason Davis other nickname is Day-to-Davis), KP is probably a tier or so below the level of players that AD and Joel are.

For sure I am just pointing out that these other guys are also injury prone so it's not unique to KP.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - omahen - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 02:15 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Among the best bigs in the league Jokic is the only one without lingering health/injury issues.

I think because he least relies on athleticism

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - michaeltex - 03-15-2021

Look, I also have concerns about KP's health issues longer term, but if he's healthy and engaged, then he truly is a unicorn type player. It appears we may be in that sweet spot now, (fingers crossed while holding a 4-leaf clover).

Luka's doing Luka things and KP is proving you can't not guard him anywhere across midcourt, which should make everybody more efficient. Adding a modicum of defense makes DAL a problem for almost every other contender. I think it's time to let it ride and see where everything is in a week. 2 games here vs LACs and 2 games there vs POR. Very important week, schedule wise. But no B2Bs, so it should be competitive contests.

Although that logo shot against SA was "no, no, no, YES!"

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 10:58 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Look, I also have concerns about KP's health issues longer term, but if he's healthy and engaged, then he truly is a unicorn type player. It appears we may be in that sweet spot now, (fingers crossed while holding a 4-leaf clover).

Luka's doing Luka things and KP is proving you can't not guard him anywhere across midcourt, which should make everybody more efficient. Adding a modicum of defense makes DAL a problem for almost every other contender. I think it's time to let it ride and see where everything is in a week. 2 games here vs LACs and 2 games there vs POR. Very important week, schedule wise. But no B2Bs, so it should be competitive contests.

Although that logo shot against SA was "no, no, no, YES!"
I think even KL is coming off of his trade KP at all costs NOW tirade. I think this has become the consensus for the board at this point. See what he does for the rest of this year and reassess in the offseason.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 11:03 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: reassess in the offseason.

Y'all are going to re-assess whether or not you want a Medium or Large of a "I'm Apart of KP's #1 Fan Club" t-shirt this summer.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 03-15-2021

We need KP to always be in trade rumors so that he plays mad.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - michaeltex - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 12:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Y'all are going to re-assess whether or not you want a Medium or Large of a "I'm Apart of KP's #1 Fan Club" t-shirt this summer.
Hope you got something bigger than a Large...

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 01:25 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Hope you got something bigger than a Large...

We are flexible on KP Island. Much like how flexible KP can be on offense! Is he a SG? C? PF? All the above? Yes! 

Here on KP Island your needs will always be met*

*(Offer subject to healthy knees)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Hypermav - 03-15-2021

If KL can post those creepy Rubio pix.  Well here is KP island fare.

https://youtu.be/yoipN3eV8yQ

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - MFFL - 03-15-2021

Porzingis has been on fire

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kristaps-porzingis-heard-your-trade-rumors-and-he-has-the-dallas-mavericks-returning-to-historic-form/ar-BB1eBKCV?ocid=uxbndlbing&pfr=1

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 03-16-2021

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1371850597704548353