MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 03-11-2021

Just watched the Full Game Highlights from last night. I saw KP and Luka high five during the game. They're in love again.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Hypermav - 03-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 11:51 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Just watched the Full Game Highlights from last night. I saw KP and Luka high five during the game. They're in love again.

Brunson is so mean to Luka, he is pushing him into KP's spindly arms. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_tOAJRiptw&ab_channel=NBAFunny

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 03-11-2021

Last night's game was actually how I envisioned the KP and Luka pairing to possibly be as far as stats go. Luka becomes a 15 apg, low to mid 20's scorer, while KP is a 28-30 ppg scorer being a large part of getting Luka his assists. I honestly think that is how this team becomes much more than they are and everyone stays happy.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dynamicalVoid - 03-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 11:51 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Just watched the Full Game Highlights from last night. I saw KP and Luka high five during the game. They're in love again.

KP's last three he made...when we were comfortably ahead at the end and didnt need the points...Luka threw his hands in the air excitedly...like he was genuinely happy for KP for hitting the shot

Hopefully it means something.  Probably doesnt.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - michaeltex - 03-11-2021

I think it might mean something.

I have seen Luka get frustrated when teammates are missing open looks he sets up for them. If he can have a group he trusts, then the end game gets more distributed and everybody contributes to a more successful finish. Like last night.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dirkfansince1998 - 03-12-2021

(03-11-2021, 11:37 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So, here is the full quote. We can't know if he's the real deal without seeing him day in and day out. I don't think it's reality to expect that either.

Disagree. I don´t need a GM or a scouting department to tell me who is a good player right now. Even casual fans can do that. It´s the job of a GM or the scouting department to make a call on a players potential. In this case they have to make a call on Wiseman. MVP/allstar/starter/bench/end of bench/out of the league. Not easy but that´s why guys like Donnie are getting paid big money. It´s obviously not possible to make the right decision every single time but some GMs/scouts/coaches are clearly better than others.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - HanspardShowerVoice - 03-12-2021

Listening to Jackie MacMullan on the Bill Simmons podcast, who is in contact with players on an everyday basis, and she's detailing how mentally beaten down and exhausted NBA players around the league are feeling during the last year regarding dealing with COVID. Not given an offseason because the TV Broadcasters put their footdown and forced them to come back, when even Adam Silver and the NBA Brass knew the players  needed more time off.   How isolated they feel not being able to have contact with their parents or extended friends and family and risk contamination (probably doubly so for international players).  It really makes me think how much we're trying to read so much into some supposed KP/Luka beef, or how much KP wants out of Dallas, when KP might just be exhausted/frustrated/demoralized with the extraordinary circumstances of the last year in general.    Everyone is having to deal with it, but not everyone is going to handle it the same way.   Evidently someone like Kyrie has to take a mental health break in the middle of the season.    I do think KP might be on the moody side, but that's life.     Maybe KP is a griper or maybe KP doesn't have a sunny disposition about everything (not exactly a stereotype that the former Eastern Bloc is known for) ..  that's just the variance of human beings.  That doesn't mean he's some irredeemable headcase and lockerroom cancer.  I don't see KP being outright insubordinate like Rondo was.  And if Luka is going to be the face of the franchise for the next decade, he's going to have to deal with finding a way to lead a wide variety of personalities.  Just like Dirk had to grow up from being Nashie's little drinking buddy to being a leader of complicated, strong willed men like Shawn Marion, Jason Terry and Jason Kidd.    Not everyone in the lockerroom is going to be Dwight Powell.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 03-12-2021

(03-12-2021, 09:33 AM)HanspardShowerVoice Wrote: Everyone is having to deal with it, but not everyone is going to handle it the same way.

Amen. Well said, and I think this same truth can be applied to GROUPS...entire rosters, coaching staffs, front offices, etc. EVERYONE in the league is "guessing" at how to get through this season. Some teams are guessing better than others. I think this is an argument for applying as much patience as possible right now, and adjusting our expectations however much is needed. 

I would feel differently about it if this season was some sort of "new normal" but hopefully, it's just a one-off crazy season. Next year, the league should operate more like it always has before.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - MFFL - 03-12-2021

I don't know anyone could make any projections out of this season considering the circumstances

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - HanspardShowerVoice - 03-12-2021

(03-12-2021, 11:26 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Amen. Well said, and I think this same truth can be applied to GROUPS...entire rosters, coaching staffs, front offices, etc. EVERYONE in the league is "guessing" at how to get through this season. Some teams are guessing better than others. I think this is an argument for applying as much patience as possible right now, and adjusting our expectations however much is needed. 

I would feel differently about it if this season was some sort of "new normal" but hopefully, it's just a one-off crazy season. Next year, the league should operate more like it always has before.

Yeah, I think some teams are better built to handle COVID than others.   If you're team is built around pure stars (ie Lakers), it ultimately doesn't matter too much if you miss your 4th or 5th best player because at the end of the day it's the Lebron And AD Show.   Kyrie can take a mental health break or KD can miss time with a bad hammie, but at the end of the day the Nets can win by  having 2 stars on the floor that are better than your 2 best players. 

But if you're a team that is built on continuity and cohesion with the idea that  whole is better than the sum of it's parts, then losing your 4th or 5th player for extended amounts of time could be catastrophic.    And I think that's what has happened to the Mavs and Heat (though both teams do have 1 or 1.5 stars).   And on the other side of the coin, Utah is also built on that philosophy and have avoided any significant injury and/or COVID problems and it's given them a huge advantage.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Tyler - 03-14-2021

3nicorn

https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/1370968007141376005

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 03-14-2021

https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/1370968452920438788

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Hypermav - 03-14-2021

[Image: EwaoIELXEAEKYAv?format=jpg&name=medium]

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 03-14-2021

The KP comeback is real. Definitely want to hold onto KP right now. I still think we need that third guy though.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - hakeemfaan - 03-14-2021

Great to see him building up his value to closer to his potential. My dream is getting a disgruntled stud back for him. Never doubted his talent but I can’t see him as a keeper due to his injury history and that height/body type which always puts him at greater risk.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 03-14-2021

Hey there is still room on KP island for all the deserters!

We'll welcome you back with open arms.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 04:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hey there is still room on KP island for all the deserters!

We'll welcome you back with open arms.
I think the liklihood that the FO keeps KP if he stays healthy through the end of the season is high. Doesn't mean it's the right choice, of course depending on the return they're seeing other FO offering for him.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 03-14-2021

[Image: image.png]

It didn't upload properly. I think you gotta click on the image to see it properly

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Tyler - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 04:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It didn't upload properly. I think you gotta click on the image to see it properly

That meme has lots of potential. Smile

The "add image to post" has never worked well for me because it adds all of the weird embedded formatting and crops the original. A better alternative (unless the mods can fix the default option) is to choose "preview post" and go down to attachments. Choose the file on your computer, click "add attachment", and then "insert into post". That will add a small snippet of shortcode into your post that handles the images way cleaner.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 03-14-2021

[Image: attachment.php?aid=31]