MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - StepBackJay - 02-25-2021

2 games were back to back, it's not like he's been out a month lol. Back soreness can last a week, it's not a big deal.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - ItsGoTime - 02-25-2021

(02-25-2021, 05:06 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: 2 games were back to back, it's not like he's been out a month lol. Back soreness can last a week, it's not a big deal.
Weeeeeellll, it's not, NOT a big deal as well.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - Kammrath - 02-25-2021

https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1365070106137681924

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - Kammrath - 02-25-2021

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1365073799100645377

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - bodhisattva - 02-25-2021

This feels like last year when he was out in the middle of the season. They say it´s some soreness, stiffness, you expect him to miss 1, 2 games and before you know it it´s 7,8,10 games. Frustrating.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - ThisIStheYear - 02-26-2021

Hmmm. This is damn peculiar.  Missing a full week out of absolutely nowhere. I still wonder if there’s a trade brewing.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - DanSchwartzgan - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 01:17 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Hmmm. This is damn peculiar.  Missing a full week out of absolutely nowhere. I still wonder if there’s a trade brewing.

Bertans...March 3rd

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - vfromlmf - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 08:01 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Bertans...March 3rd

Don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but Bertans was DNP-CD yesterday.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - SleepingHero - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 08:43 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but Bertans was DNP-CD yesterday.

He wasn't a DNP-CD. He was listed on the injury report with Right Knee Soreness. 

Now, whether that's a real injury that's only for the Wizards to know.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - DanSchwartzgan - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 08:43 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but Bertans was DNP-CD yesterday.

I’d probably put more stock in that if Avdija had also sat and if Bertans hadn’t also been questionable with knee issues the two games before last night.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - Kammrath - 02-26-2021

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1365383620676833283

Sadly, I think this injury stuff is beyond "luck" now....the body is a whole system and every part is connected to the other. Something is out of balance in his bodily system and I just hope the Mavs trainers can bring balance to it and it isn't something baked into his basic structure.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - cow - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 03:25 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1365383620676833283

Sadly, I think this injury stuff is beyond "luck" now....the body is a whole system and every part is connected to the other. Something is out of balance in his bodily system and I just hope the Mavs trainers can bring balance to it and it isn't something baked into his basic structure.

He probably shouldn't have made his comeback until after the all-star break.  It would have sucked and all to start the season but we wouldn't have any of this trade speculation or drama.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - Kammrath - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 03:37 PM)cow Wrote: He probably shouldn't have made his comeback until after the all-star break.  It would have sucked and all to start the season but we wouldn't have any of this trade speculation or drama.

Shoot if he missed the first half of this season completely I think I would be almost more eager to move on from him. 

The Mavs have played 142 games since they traded for KP (including playoffs).....KP has played in 77 of these games, 54% of them. If he had not played at all this season he would have played in 60 games as a Mav or 42% of them.

(02-26-2021, 03:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Shoot if he missed the first half of this season completely I think I would be almost more eager to move on from him. 

The Mavs have played 142 games since they traded for KP (including playoffs).....KP has played in 77 of these games, 54% of them. If he had not played at all this season he would have played in 60 games as a Mav or 42% of them.

But we knew he had a knee issue at the end of the year.  The wait would suck and we'd surely second guess.  But the situation we have now is:

-He didn't start the season
-He looked bad when he came back
-Trade rumors started swirling
-He's now missed more games
-He now sounds defeated due to injury concerns and thinking the Mavs are going to trade him

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - KillerLeft - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 03:52 PM)cow Wrote: -He now sounds defeated due to injury concerns and thinking the Mavs are going to trade him

One thing I don't worry about with KP is his self-confidence. He seems extremely confident to me. Arrogant, even. If I had the slightest hope he could ever back it up, I'd count that among his good qualities, but as things lie right now, it just annoys me.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - StepBackJay - 02-26-2021

My issue with KP is that if he isn't going to be good defensively then he's not good enough offensively to be a max player. His shooting is okay but I don't really trust him to make shots in clutch situations. He will dazzle us with crossovers from time to time but not enough to make a difference. Offensively he is mostly shooting outside. I really expected more from him. I thought his handles were better. He does get inside sometimes but not enough. He is an okay rebounder. Defensively he has not been good. In my view his reputation is still good enough to get pretty good value back so all things considered if I got a good deal I would pull the trigger.

(02-26-2021, 03:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: One thing I don't worry about with KP is his self-confidence. He seems extremely confident to me. Arrogant, even. If I had the slightest hope he could ever back it up, I'd count that among his good qualities, but as things lie right now, it just annoys me.

Defeated as far as his future as a Mav and/or his ability to stay healthy.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - mavsluvr - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 04:27 PM)cow Wrote: Defeated as far as his future as a Mav and/or his ability to stay healthy.

If Kristaps is going to play in the NBA, he'd best get used to being included in trade rumors. He's saying the right things about trying not to allow it to distract him. 

Being worried about staying healthy is another kettle of fish.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - Kammrath - 02-27-2021

I added a new poll to this thread per the request of @"ClutchDirk" in order to see where folks are at with KP.

VOTE!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | NEW POLL - khaled1987 - 02-27-2021

Gauge the market and assess what you have. 

I simply have no insight to his medicals, or what happens behind the scene when it comes to KP.
Do Mavs still feel the same about his long term health as they did 2 years ago? Do they think he will improve as time goes? Is he a good locker room presence? Do we think we can build a good defensive team with him being one of the best 2 defenders there? 

OTOH what can we get for him? Is he in the Russ/Wall territory where all you get is another bad contract? Or we can get some value for him? 

IF we don't believe in his long term fit/health here, and some teams are willing to give us some assets that is convertible in bigger trade in a year or something, I would say pull the trigger.

If we still believe in his potential here, and think it is a rough patch and that we will get nothing for him (by nothing, I mean like GSW deal that we have give them picks to get the great Wiggins from them) then keep him.

For me, I would trade him if we can get few assets that improves the team in some areas while boost our ability to trade in the market