MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - ClutchDirk - 10-09-2020

https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1314695859934826496

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - Kammrath - 10-09-2020

(10-09-2020, 05:15 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Most meniscus surgeries require 12 weeks of recovery time before you can do any heavy lifting/working out.

January 1 is 12 weeks from today. Season speculated to start January 18 I think.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - chaparral - 10-09-2020

Why did they wait until now to have the surgery?

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - KillerLeft - 10-09-2020

(10-09-2020, 11:27 PM)chaparral Wrote: Why did they wait until now to have the surgery?

To see if rest and rehab did the job, I guess. 

Even with access to the best medical professionals in the world, you always want to avoid cutting, if possible. Look what happened to Tyrod Taylor, and that wasn't even surgery.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - chaparral - 10-10-2020

(10-09-2020, 11:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 11:27 PM)chaparral Wrote: Why did they wait until now to have the surgery?

To see if rest and rehab did the job, I guess. 

Even with access to the best medical professionals in the world, you always want to avoid cutting, if possible. Look what happened to Tyrod Taylor, and that wasn't even surgery.

I guess that pic of him on the Yamaha was part of the rehab.  The Mavs 20/21 pre-season is going to look like a MASH recovery unit.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - omahen - 10-10-2020

(10-09-2020, 05:15 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: So anyone still interested in those desperate WIN NOW moves for 2020/2021.

They rush Porzingis back, because they can´t let the Knicks have that unprotected lottery pick, and he plays heavy minutes under a condensed schedule this will only end up in major disaster.

How about that Smart/Brown for Porzingis trade now. Confused

Wow. Panicking a bit?

Knicks will have their pick, so who cares which pick it is. Mavs don't give a crap about Knicks and no action of theirs will be influenced by the fact that pick is going to the Knicks. They will do what is best for the team. Surely KP missing (if???) a couple of games in the season start is not the end of the world. And if anything, this is just one more reason to trade for a couple of proven players, so they will have less troubles in KP less games.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - Mavs2019 - 10-10-2020

(10-10-2020, 02:13 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 05:15 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: So anyone still interested in those desperate WIN NOW moves for 2020/2021.

They rush Porzingis back, because they can´t let the Knicks have that unprotected lottery pick, and he plays heavy minutes under a condensed schedule this will only end up in major disaster.

How about that Smart/Brown for Porzingis trade now. Confused

Wow. Panicking a bit?

Knicks will have their pick, so who cares which pick it is. Mavs don't give a crap about Knicks and no action of theirs will be influenced by the fact that pick is going to the Knicks. They will do what is best for the team. Surely KP missing (if???) a couple of games in the season start is not the end of the world. And if anything, this is just one more reason to trade for a couple of proven players, so they will have less troubles in KP less games.

You not?

Like you would still do the trade, if I told you, 57 games into his Mavs career, he´ll suffer another season-ending knee injury that will require surgery and cause him to miss a minimum of four months.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - omahen - 10-10-2020

(10-10-2020, 03:53 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: You not?

No.

(10-10-2020, 03:53 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Like you would still do the trade, if I told you, 57 games into his Mavs career, he´ll suffer another season-ending knee injury that will require sur

Mavs knew exactly what player KP is and what comes with him. They made their decision and will stick with it for some time. Of course, IF Boston comes and offer half the team for KP, they will consider. But they will certainly not shop KP around.

Regarding the recovery time, let's wait for the official news. It depends on what type of surgery he actually had and I don't want to turn into internet doctor.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - Mavs2019 - 10-10-2020

(10-10-2020, 04:05 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 03:53 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: You not?

No.

(10-10-2020, 03:53 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Like you would still do the trade, if I told you, 57 games into his Mavs career, he´ll suffer another season-ending knee injury that will require sur

Mavs knew exactly what player KP is and what comes with him. They made their decision and will stick with it for some time. Of course, IF Boston comes and offer half the team for KP, they will consider. But they will certainly not shop KP around.

Regarding the recovery time, let's wait for the official news. It depends on what type of surgery he actually had and I don't want to turn into internet doctor.

That was not the question.

Would you do the trade, if you knew, that he´d  suffer another season-ending knee injury that required surgery.

(10-10-2020, 07:03 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Would you do the trade, if you knew, that he´d  suffer another season-ending knee injury that required surgery.

I don't see any point to discuss such hypotheticals

(10-10-2020, 08:46 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 07:03 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Would you do the trade, if you knew, that he´d  suffer another season-ending knee injury that required surgery.

I don't see any point to discuss such hypotheticals
Well you said, you are not worried, so surely the answer must be yes? Huh

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - KillerLeft - 10-10-2020

(10-10-2020, 12:11 AM)chaparral Wrote: I guess that pic of him on the Yamaha was part of the rehab.  

[Image: source.gif]

@"Mavs2019" I would still have done the trade. 

This isn't as bad as the first injury. He played on it and put up 34 points. He'll be fine.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - SleepingHero - 10-11-2020

They did a conservative approach. Wanted to see how well the injury could heal on it's own before electing to do surgery. Minimizes scar tissue and provides the best of both worlds. Only downside is how long it takes to do that approach. 6 weeks to see if it can heal on its own. 8-12 weeks for surgery recovery. Can't do that option in the regular season.

Overall I again am not worried at all. Meniscus injuries are relatively minor and don't affect athleticism. Many people can tear their meniscus and continue their day-to-day lives normally without ever knowing there's an issue unless they start to do "The Twist". As long as his recovery goes well, KP should be back by January fully healed and ready to go.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - Hypermav - 10-11-2020

(10-11-2020, 04:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Overall I again am not worried at all. Meniscus injuries are relatively minor and don't affect athleticism. Many people can tear their meniscus and continue their day-to-day lives normally without ever knowing there's an issue unless they start to do "The Twist". As long as his recovery goes well, KP should be back by January fully healed and ready to go.
I hope you are right.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - Kammrath - 10-11-2020

(10-11-2020, 04:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Overall I again am not worried at all. Meniscus injuries are relatively minor and don't affect athleticism. Many people can tear their meniscus and continue their day-to-day lives normally without ever knowing there's an issue unless they start to do "The Twist". As long as his recovery goes well, KP should be back by January fully healed and ready to go.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - robillionaire - 10-11-2020

The injury itself? Not terribly serious. The injury, when taking into context the full picture of the fact he's 7'3 and entering year 6 and has never finished a season healthy? somewhat concerning imo.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - KillerLeft - 10-11-2020

(10-11-2020, 11:14 PM)robillionaire Wrote: The injury itself? Not terribly serious. The injury, when taking into context the full picture of the fact he's 7'3 and entering year 6 and has never finished a season healthy? somewhat concerning imo.

Totally, 100% this, but honestly, is this anything we didn't know about him before the trade, even? 

The good news is that he absolutely rehabbed from the first, serious injury to the point where he was putting up 30 point double doubles in playoff games. So that hurdle is behind us. 

He might always be injury prone, he might not. I'm not going to worry about it until he gets another really serious one.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - Hypermav - 10-13-2020

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1315695340897665024?s=20

Cato replied to a question about length of recovery and said 4-8 weeks.  Should be plenty of time to be ready for training camp.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - ClutchDirk - 10-13-2020

Mavs fans should be concerned about Kristaps Porz…: https://youtu.be/ch-XbJqTpJ8

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis (out w/ right lateral meniscus tear) - SleepingHero - 10-13-2020

Ugh. E!SPN. Even just how they frame the issue at hand is so dramatized and doesn't really offer any sort of information. But actually just create more rumors about something that doesn't even apply.  

Windhorst doesn't really even say anything. He neglects to illuminate anyone about the different type of meniscus surgeries KP could have (was it a repair, or a meniscectomy?) why the Mavs waited to do the surgery, and the different type of recoveries these operations could entail. For example, if KP had a repair, his recovery time could last well into January, possible keeping him out the beginning next season. And I can already see the headlines spelling doom and gloom about KP's lengthy recovery, neglecting to mention that in this hypothetical route, KP retained the majority of his meniscus, which is always the more preferred option. 

But no. Instead Windhorst offers a 1 sentence filled with empty calories "the Mavs should be worried because he's a big man and it's his 2nd knee injury, oh also the Mavs want a 3rd star, like Giannis, he needs to be healthy for that!! #WindyBomb #PlsGiveMeAttention #ImLikeWoj" Forgetting to provide any sort of context of what a meniscus injury actually is compared to any other knee injury, and then adds to their news cycle of free agency rumors. 

I'm so tired of ESPN.