MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - JamesConway - 10-29-2021

5 games and I’m already out on this pipedream. Just trade him, it’s never gonna work.

What a gigantic letdown this trade has been. 

The guy forgot how to play basketball and the injuries will never go away.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Mavs2021 - 10-30-2021

(10-29-2021, 05:22 PM)JamesConway Wrote: 5 games and I’m already out on this pipedream. Just trade him, it’s never gonna work.

What a gigantic letdown this trade has been. 

It´s possible that Sleepy Phil knows more about basketball than us afterall. Big Grin

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dynamicalVoid - 10-30-2021

Does KP not want to be a stretch Big?  Is that not what we need?

KP seems to be trash down low.   Luka seems to freeze him out behind the arch.  

Seems like offensively KP's only worth would be to stretch floor and throw up 3's a few times a game.  Does he not want to do that?  Do we not want him doing that?

Hes overpaid...we cant change that.  We cant force a trade to another team that doesnt want him.   Why not using him in the most efficient way we can?

Unless we are tanking on purpose.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 10-31-2021

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1454870834397564936

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 10-31-2021

I wonder at this point if Tobias Harris would be a possibility for him, after he gets healthy that is.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 01:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I wonder at this point if Tobias Harris would be a possibility for him, after he gets healthy that is.

Nobody is going trade for Porzingis until they are trading for a big ass expiring contract. Even then, the offers will be something of small/moderate value (compared to what we thought they were getting when they signed KP) in exchange for taking on someone else's high dollar mistake.

The time to act was at last season's TDL or earlier, imo. I fear that this has become a kneel out the clock situation.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 01:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nobody is going trade for Porzingis until they are trading for a big ass expiring contract. Even then, the offers will be something of small/moderate value (compared to what we thought they were getting when they signed KP) in exchange for taking on someone else's high dollar mistake.

The time to act was at last season's TDL or earlier, imo. I fear that this has become a kneel out the clock situation.
Maybe, I do wonder if Nico wants to or is trying to. Honestly, last season the trades surrounding KP were very Wall-esque, I'd honestly rather keep him if that is the case. Someone like Harris though, who is not worth his contract either is where I'm going with it.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - vfromlmf - 11-02-2021

Seriously? After tonight KP will have missed four of the first seven games. Even the most pessimistic have to be surprised given the entire offseason narrative was "KP is finally healthy." 

And why is KP the only guy in the league who's constantly out but no one ever SEES when he gets injured?

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 02:29 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Seriously? After tonight KP will have missed four of the first seven games. Even the most pessimistic have to be surprised given the entire offseason narrative was "KP is finally healthy." 

And why is KP the only guy in the league who's constantly out but no one ever SEES when he gets injured?

Yeah, I was on board with finally seeing what "finally healthy" KP who is also "finally happy" KP was going to do this season. So far it seems like less than ever.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 11-03-2021

KP is apparently a Voluntaryist, wearing a shirt with its symbol on the sideline:

[Image: png-clipart-vampire-the-masquerade-vampi...mbnail.png]

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 11-03-2021

@"fifteenth" I am fully expecting you to lead a long, epic back and forth on voluntaryism. Just FYI.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - JamesConway - 11-05-2021

This is hard to watch 

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1456675579055378434?s=21

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 12:56 PM)JamesConway Wrote: This is hard to watch

Well would you really expect him to score regularly on an ALL-NBA defender? You are being too hard on him.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 11-05-2021

(11-03-2021, 11:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"fifteenth" I am fully expecting you to lead a long, epic back and forth on voluntaryism. Just FYI.

Can't we just send Harrison Barnes to have a talk with him?

It appears that they view Libertarians as too pro-government

Is that like saying that the USSR generally wasn't pro-goverment enough? 

If the Volunatryism talk gets out of hand I'll split it off into another thread and eventually lead the conversation into a discussion of how all human goverment is answerable to Jesus, who cares very much for how the poor are treated, and who was enthroned as King on the cross and ascended to his thrown to rule all things following his conquoring of sin and death. :-)

(11-05-2021, 01:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Well would you really expect him to score regularly on an ALL-NBA defender? You are being too hard on him.

Is that Coach guarding him? 

Why does KP not believe in arc?

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 11-05-2021

Why? Why are they doing this? 

He's obviously not great in the post. 

Post-ups are obviously not as useful as they used to be now, with the way modern defenses work and modern officiating. 

They have one of the best pick and roll ball-handlers in the world right now, with another one making a strong case that he has made yet another jump in quality of play and might be emerging as a star-quality player. This is the skillset that literally every NBA team is looking for, and the Mavs have two players who fit the bill. 

To complement those two, they have shooters all over the roster. I admit some of them haven't been shooting well to start the season, but I have MUCH more confidence that their rhythm will pick up if the right approach is taken to this offense than I have that these Porzingis post possessions will ever amount to anything remotely resembling efficiency. 

If the dude would give maximum effort on defense (he was closer to start the season than at any point last year), play offense like a combination of Kleber (spacing, catch-and-shoot) and Powell (hard rolling at smart angles at the right time after setting GOOD screens) while mixing in the occasional two-dribble closeout attack that those guys are quite up to...AND stay healthy (lolz) the Mavericks would really have something. Instead, the team is trapped trying to hold up the pretend narrative that this clown is some type of ball-dominating superstar. 

Someone wake me up from this nightmare.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - michaeltex - 11-05-2021

1 for 4 is about what he's shooting this season, correct?

Duncan made a career shooting bank shots from there and this guy can't even hit them over JJB in practice.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Mavs2021 - 11-05-2021

No way does he look healthy. He moves like an old man or like somebody with a back problem. If you get a guy that is 7´2+, you should actually draft him, cause that means he´ll be relatively cheap, and you have four years to see whether that player can be a statistical outlier health-wise. Given the injuries Porzingis suffered in the first 3-4 years in the league already the Knicks correctly evaluated that it would only get worse.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SwisherPrice - 11-05-2021

We will be stuck with this player for a LONG time!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 01:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Why? Why are they doing this? 

He's obviously not great in the post. 

Post-ups are obviously not as useful as they used to be now, with the way modern defenses work and modern officiating. 

They have one of the best pick and roll ball-handlers in the world right now, with another one making a strong case that he has made yet another jump in quality of play and might be emerging as a star-quality player. This is the skillset that literally every NBA team is looking for, and the Mavs have two players who fit the bill. 

To complement those two, they have shooters all over the roster. I admit some of them haven't been shooting well to start the season, but I have MUCH more confidence that their rhythm will pick up if the right approach is taken to this offense than I have that these Porzingis post possessions will ever amount to anything remotely resembling efficiency. 

If the dude would give maximum effort on defense (he was closer to start the season than at any point last year), play offense like a combination of Kleber (spacing, catch-and-shoot) and Powell (hard rolling at smart angles at the right time after setting GOOD screens) while mixing in the occasional two-dribble closeout attack that those guys are quite up to...AND stay healthy (lolz) the Mavericks would really have something. Instead, the team is trapped trying to hold up the pretend narrative that this clown is some type of ball-dominating superstar. 

Someone wake me up from this nightmare.

My hope, pal, is that you'll be able to wake up from the night when Kidd feels like it's time to stop tinkering, trying to figure out what everyone can do, and start putting everyone in places where they can succeed. He said, "we should know what we have around Christmas", or something like that. Maybe you'll have to hibernate until then. 

BTW, the bolded above sounds like it would give KP plenty to do! Shoot, pnr, 2 dribble pullups, effort on defense...it's not like that's not role with a good amount responsibility.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 11-05-2021

So I'm going to take the optimistic road and say a 40 second clip of him doing work in the post is not representative of his entire time practicing, and Brad has an incentive to post a video about him missing because it'll generate more clicks. 

In fact I'm glad he's practicing his post-ups. Shows he's trying to get better in that aspect against a smaller defender. I will say he doesn't look great at it, but it's a process.

Hopefully he gets to play tomorrow and looks better than in that video there.