MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 09:35 AM)Kammrath Wrote: In two games (small sample size theater!!!!) this year he is +13.6.

This is very encouraging, indeed. It does not at all jive with what I feel like I have been seeing, but I will take it and continue to have an open mind.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - TXBamanut - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 11:30 AM)embellisher Wrote: Unless we somehow have a team wide JRich effect, these numbers should all go up, based on everybody's career percentages. I'm still not too worried about scoring. 

The question is, how close to real is the defense we've seen so far? If it's sustainable at even 80% of what we've seen, it will be the best team defense we've had since 2011.

I agree that it should go up and the sooner the better, but it's a teamwise epidemic, which, honestly, it's kind of a miracle that we've won ONE game at all.

To me, the offense is going up and the defense is probably backing down...but the offense will go up higher than the defense will go down and we'll be in good shape.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 10-26-2021

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1453186628537700365

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Jym - 10-26-2021

Glass has more structural integrity

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 10-26-2021

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1453200720438730755

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 10-26-2021

Trade imminent.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ThisIStheYear - 10-26-2021

That didn’t take long.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Omega_Supreme - 10-27-2021

Another year another KP injury. 

I never left the trade him bandwagon, he does not fit with Luka. 

Luka is a traditional basketball player and is more comfortable with a traditional center. 

You can notice how he uses Boban to see that is where things sort of work for him. 

KP needs to go somewhere that will allow him to be the number one option.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 07:46 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: You can notice how he uses Boban to see that is where things sort of work for him.

Boban and Luka has always been a GREAT pick and roll combo, would love to know the numbers.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Mavs2021 - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 07:46 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: KP needs to go somewhere that will allow him to be the number one option.

So KP for Marshon Brooks, Jason Thompson, Yi Jianlian and a Guangdong Southern Tigers future 1st round pick. Big Grin

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - cow - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 07:46 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: KP needs to go somewhere that will allow him to be the number one option.

It would probably be an interesting discussion for its' own topic, but I just can't envision a trade partner for KP.  At least not one that is going to return any type of value.  The best I can think of is Bagley + Buddy Love for KP.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dynamicalVoid - 10-27-2021

Im done with giving KP the ball in the post.   He doesnt know what to do.   In transition he is ok I guess.   But I am done with giving him the ball below the arch.

And...can anyone...ANYONE...answer the question of where the hell is KP's bank shot that he was hitting very consistently in the Bubble?

Its nothing special...but he seemed to be good and confident with that shot?  Is he working on other things right now during game time?   Is it something he only brings out post All-Star Break and closer to playoffs?   

If KP was once unhappy here and wanted to be traded but we couldnt find a trade partner...wouldnt showing your whole bag help you get moved?  Help increase your value?  Help you not be considered trash around the league?

Where the hell did that shot go and why is it not being used right now?

Anyway...let KP stand behind the arc and throw threes a few times a game.   Im over 2 point KP unless he still has the bank shot in his bag and can consistently hit it.

If he keeps up this defense(people are raving about thus far)...is he worth holding on to?  Or is it still not that spectacular?  Because if its not...and the Mavs think an elite shooter like Heild would open the floor for Luka to do work...I say swallow your pride and grab Heild for KP ha.  Roll with Maxi at center and fix the center mess later.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 10-28-2021

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1453780088525312012

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 10-28-2021

(10-28-2021, 12:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1453780088525312012

[Image: tom-hanks-were-gonna-win.gif]

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - bodhisattva - 10-28-2021

I would like to see a poll on how many people still have confidence in KP as a part of Mavs future. Me personally, I am done and would like to see him traded asap.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dynamicalVoid - 10-28-2021

KP has no post game.   If he had a smooth touch like John Collins or Jokic and his shots dropped most of the time near the rim it would be a different story...but he hasnt displayed that.   His bank shot that he was on fire with throughout the Bubble doesnt even get used anymore...that was the only time I have seen him dominant within the arch.

He isnt even hitting 3s consistent enough, imo.   Him stretching the floor on offense is his only strength...then you have to hope he continues to be active on defense like he has been thus far this year.

Too much inconsistency.

And for those reasons...Im out.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - michaeltex - 10-29-2021

And now reports that his problem is not (or not only) lower back soreness, but right knee soreness as well? After 3 games and a "fully healthy" offseason?

That's a concern, no?

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - cow - 10-29-2021

(10-29-2021, 08:28 AM)michaeltex Wrote: That's a concern, no?

If he was healthy and playing we would all still be concerned.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Arioch - 10-29-2021

(10-29-2021, 08:28 AM)michaeltex Wrote: And now reports that his problem is not (or not only) lower back soreness, but right knee soreness as well? After 3 games and a "fully healthy" offseason?

That's a concern, no?

Where did you see mention of right knee soreness?

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dynamicalVoid - 10-29-2021

KP looked fine on the sidelines last night.

It could be true...but I dont believe a lot of teams injury reports.