MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dirkfansince1998 - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 01:30 AM)Mapka Wrote: I would love too see Luca being this addicted to his workout and nutricion.

I would bet money on Luka in any kind of strength competition between both. Dead lift, squad, bench press. He just needs to work on his conditioning and lose some fat. KP on the other hand needs to add muscle and improve his endurance (maybe not possible, he used to suffer from anemia).
A lower body fat percentage and more jacked look doesn´t mean that someone is in a better shape.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - omahen - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 08:06 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Agree with wanting to see some Luka workout pics too.

You didn't watch Olympics? Smile

Luka was in constant game form 2 months after the season ended. However, short rest makes me affraid, how much time will he have to come 100 % ready on day 1

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 08-24-2021

https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/1233187692508258309

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ClutchDirk - 09-13-2021

https://twitter.com/MavsOffCourt/status/1437455331165196292

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - TXBamanut - 09-13-2021

(08-20-2021, 04:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: E9QuDmhXIAQhDNq?format=jpg&name=large]

When I see this, all I hear is Ron Burgundy saying "It's a DEEP burn!"

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 09-13-2021

I think, "be sure to get that lateral movement back."

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ClutchDirk - 09-13-2021

I still think McMahon insinuating Luka and KP hate each other is more believable than Instagram claiming Luka liked KP's posting that... Angel

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Mavs2021 - 09-14-2021

I´m embarrassed that I didn´t realize that the Powell summer work ethic storylines are reserved for Porzingis now. Big Grin

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 09-14-2021

Sig bet clean up:

Killer: I reread and didn’t actually see you accept the bet.

Scott and Dirkfan: Scott, are you allowing Dirkfan into your bet with me? I can come up with a different bet with him if you want to keep that between us!

Dirkfan: If Scott wants to keep it between us, how about this:

KP improves on his last year shooting % this year. BOTH FG and 3P %ages. If he beats those for the full year, I get your sig for the whole offseason. If he doesn’t, you get mine for the same time!

If you have a defensive bet you want to make, I’m game for that (will have to research a bit to make sure it is an achievable improvement for where I think he’ll be), I just don’t know what stat to use for that.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:04 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Killer: I reread and didn’t actually see you accept the bet.

And you won't. I have no dog in that particular fight, as those numbers seem very possible to me, and in such a way that doesn't solve the problems I have with the player in question. If they force-feed KP the ball and he puts up numbers, I won't see it as a victory for the Mavs. Only playing defensive center at an above league average level will do that for me.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 09-14-2021

So, yesterday I pulled into the parking garage at work and noticed a car with a Mavs license plate, and thought,  "wow, I'm not the biggest Mavs fan here in the building." 

This morning I pulled in at the same time as the Mavs license plated car. We exited our vehicles at the same time and I greeted the MFFL by asking, "Is KP going to play better this year?"

His answer: "If Luka will pass him the ball."

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - michaeltex - 09-14-2021

Is this a chicken or the egg situation?

KP doesn't function well because Luka doesn't pass him the ball, but Luka doesn't pass the ball because KP doesn't function well. Rinse and Repeat.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 10:12 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Is this a chicken or the egg situation?

KP doesn't function well because Luka doesn't pass him the ball, but Luka doesn't pass the ball because KP doesn't function well. Rinse and Repeat.

I said, "well, I sure hope he gets some mobility back and plays better defense.

His response was, "If Luka passes to him then he'll be more engaged in the game and play better on defense."

Huh

The views of MFFLs in my office building do not reflect the views of the management and staff, or the creator of these posts.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ClutchDirk - 09-14-2021

You must have met his brother Janis... Big Grin

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:32 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: And you won't. I have no dog in that particular fight, as those numbers seem very possible to me, and in such a way that doesn't solve the problems I have with the player in question. If they force-feed KP the ball and he puts up numbers, I won't see it as a victory for the Mavs. Only playing defensive center at an above league average level will do that for me.
Ummm, go re-read if you have to, but our bet was about KP making an allstar game at least 1 more time in his career.

Edit: Also, the 2 BPG was a nod to him returning to more of a defensive center form (if indeed he plays the C position, if not then the defensive PF spot).

More technicality cleanup for Scott:

The 30 games played. In your mind when you read that did you read 30 games played by KP or by the Mavs team? It will formally default to what you believe it should be.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 10:58 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ummm, go re-read if you have to, but our bet was about KP making an allstar game at least 1 more time in his career.

Oh, THAT bet. Yes, I'm in on that one. Any terms you want. (pretty sure I typed that exact sentence the first time around)

I thought you were referring to the numbers one.

(09-14-2021, 09:36 AM)fifteenth Wrote: So, yesterday I pulled into the parking garage at work and noticed a car with a Mavs license plate, and thought,  "wow, I'm not the biggest Mavs fan here in the building." 

This morning I pulled in at the same time as the Mavs license plated car. We exited our vehicles at the same time and I greeted the MFFL by asking, "Is KP going to play better this year?"

His answer: "If Luka will pass him the ball."

So you work with @"TXBamanut"? SMALL WORLD!

(09-14-2021, 11:12 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: So you work with @TXBamanut? SMALL WORLD!

Now, that's funny!!

(09-14-2021, 11:12 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, THAT bet. Yes, I'm in on that one. Any terms you want. (pretty sure I typed that exact sentence the first time around)
So your exact wording said “just about” any terms. That leaves an out, so I laid out the terms for you to accept and haven’t gotten the final acceptance. Here is the terms post:

Quote:I'll bite on that. No matter what, trade, injury, whatever the case may be, if KP makes another all star game regardless of the circumstances (makes it and gets injured so can't play, gets in because someone else is injured, etc.) through the rest of his career in the NBA, I get your sig for the rest of that season. If he never makes an allstar team again, you get my sig for the full season following his retirement. (edit: which according to you is in about 3 years due to degenerative injury issues.)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ClutchDirk - 09-27-2021

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1442568831776530434