MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 07-20-2021

(07-20-2021, 01:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, sure. 

Are the highly talented players who add things to their games usually starting from scratch, though? Because when it comes to creating his own shot, that's pretty much where KP is, imo. 

And once again, we're engaged in a conversation about the wrong end of the floor. It's crazy how that always happens with this player. I'm not accusing you of anything here, because I keep getting sucked into that thinking, too. Something about his name-status and max-contract? Pre-conceived expectations? I'm not sure, honestly, but the reality is that if you take the contract away what he gave the team offensively, even last season, is good enough. Valuable, even (just not max-valuable). It's DEFENSE that ruins everything.
I’m with you on the defense thing and think last season was the anomaly as opposed to the new norm like you have said you believe. 

This stemmed from an offense comment though. I don’t think KP is starting from scratch either. He has coordination and skill, just needs to put it all together. 

The one legged fade would be a great move to develop as an individual go-to. It’s also absolutely weird that he has big issues with punishing smaller defenders in the high post. I said it during the playoffs, he needs to pay DFS to come to Latvia and guard him as he posts him up all offseason!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 08-02-2021

Is it possible that Kidd will try to turn KP into a pick and roll big? If I were Kidd that is what I would have KP work on non-stop. Screening, rolling, learning angles, etc. 

I just don't see how the Mavs can really keep KP and use him any other way. Luka's big man HAS to be a pick and roll guy.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - vfromlmf - 08-10-2021

New reporting that Luka won't be happy until the Mavs deal KP? Or just rehash clickbait?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31997725

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 11:24 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: New reporting that Luka won't be happy until the Mavs deal KP? Or just rehash clickbait?

"reporting"

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - SleepingHero - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 11:24 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: New reporting that Luka won't be happy until the Mavs deal KP? Or just rehash clickbait?

Sounds like rehash clickbait from Stephen A. He didn't say anything new and instead just brought up "other people said KP was jealous" "other reports said Luka was unhappy"

If it was a serious pressing issue it'd have continued much like we see the Ben Simmons fiasco playing out. 

I think the Mavs/Luka are willing to give KP another shot to see if he can be the number 2 guy.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - fifteenth - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 11:55 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: ounds like rehash clickbait from Stephen A. He didn't say anything new and instead just brought up "other people said KP was jealous" "other reports said Luka was unhappy"

Yeah, he already said this stuff awhile back. I guess that's just how ESPN go.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - michaeltex - 08-10-2021

WTF does he know? Especially about DAL? He's such a Cowboy hater, he probably doesn't even fly over TX on his way between CT and LA.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 08-10-2021

SOMEONE SIGNATURE BET ME!

KP will come out this year looking like an allstar. Minimum 23 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 bpg through 30 games played.

WHO IS WILLING TO TAKE THE UNDER ON THAT?

If KP is traded or injured for more than 15 games (consecutive, not accumulative) before hitting 30 games played then bet is null and void.

Winner gets to choose the signature of the loser through the rest of the season. Loser has to make sure their signature is turned on and displaying in every one of their posts! Signature cannot have cuss words, but can use words like dumb, idiot and other more playful incendiary words.

Come on KL or DFS98, I double dog dare you!

First one to accept gets the bet. If multiple accept and want to share in the phrasing of the sig, that is up to you!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Scott41theMavs - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 02:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: SOMEONE SIGNATURE BET ME!

KP will come out this year looking like an allstar. Minimum 23 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 bpg through 30 games played.

If KP is traded or injured for more than 15 games (consecutive, not accumulative) before hitting 30 games played then bet is null and void.

Winner gets to choose the signature of the loser through the rest of the season. Loser has to make sure their signature is turned on and displaying in every one of their posts! Signature cannot have cuss words, but can use words like dumb, idiot and other more playful incendiary words.

First one to accept gets the bet. If multiple accept and want to share in the phrasing of the sig, that is up to you!

I'll accept, if it doesn't disappoint you that they don't get the bet. No way he's making those numbers.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 03:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'll accept, if it doesn't disappoint you that they don't get the bet. No way he's making those numbers.
You're on!

For me, he has to hit every single number. If he doesn't, you get my sig!

(08-10-2021, 03:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'll accept, if it doesn't disappoint you that they don't get the bet. No way he's making those numbers.
Also, not at all! I just want some extra excitement for this year!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ClutchDirk - 08-10-2021

I witness the bet between IGT and Scott...good luck to both of them...

Only thing I'm really nervous about is the rpg. He might be at like 8.9!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 04:40 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I witness the bet between IGT and Scott...good luck to both of them...

Bad move, @"Scott41theMavs"! KP has been putting up numbers the whole time. You should've negotiated to reach a more favorable definition of "looking like an All Star" tbqh.

(08-10-2021, 04:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Bad move, @"Scott41theMavs"! KP has been putting up numbers the whole time. You should've negotiated to reach a more favorable definition of "looking like an All Star" tbqh.
Those numbers make him an allstar.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - KillerLeft - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 04:46 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Those numbers make him an allstar.

Nah. He'll never be an all-star again. Literally never, regardless of how well he plays. 

I'll take a longterm bet on THAT with just about any terms you want.

(08-10-2021, 04:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nah. He'll never be an all-star again. Literally never, regardless of how well he plays. 

I'll take a longterm bet on THAT with just about any terms you want.
I'll bite on that. No matter what, trade, injury, whatever the case may be, if KP makes another all star game regardless of the circumstances (makes it and gets injured so can't play, gets in because someone else is injured, etc.) through the rest of his career in the NBA, I get your sig for the rest of that season. If he never makes an allstar team again, you get my sig for the full season following his retirement. (edit: which according to you is in about 3 years due to degenerative injury issues.)

(08-10-2021, 05:18 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'll bite on that. No matter what, trade, injury, whatever the case may be, if KP makes another all star game regardless of the circumstances (makes it and gets injured so can't play, gets in because someone else is injured, etc.) through the rest of his career in the NBA, I get your sig for the rest of that season. If he never makes an allstar team again, you get my sig for the full season following his retirement. (edit: which according to you is in about 3 years due to degenerative injury issues.)

So a one-time thing, from THAT all-star break to the end of THAT season?

(08-10-2021, 05:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: So a one-time thing, from THAT all-star break to the end of THAT season?
Yep!

That’s all I’ll need, hehe!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dirkfansince1998 - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 02:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: SOMEONE SIGNATURE BET ME!

I´m in. Nothing to lose. If KP plays great the Mavs win and I am happy. If he continues to struggle I at least get some bragging rights.