MavsBoard
Team Tank 2022-23 - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Tank 2022-23 (/showthread.php?tid=2298)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - loki - 04-01-2023

The only teams Dallas could realistically catch for a play-in spot appear to be Minnesota and Oklahoma City. Both have the h2h tiebreaker against Dallas.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - Dahlsim - 04-02-2023

(04-01-2023, 05:55 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Important game today for team tank. Adebayo is out which won‘t help our chances of not winning. If we do manage to lose tonight I hope we finally give up on the season and make sure we start our reload with our top 10 pick!

The most interesting thread on the board now I think.   Now comes a few more winnable games than last few but the team would be wise to lose. Will the coaches play it that way? Cool 

https://www.tankathon.com/mavericks

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - Knutsen - 04-02-2023

(04-02-2023, 02:01 AM)Dahlsim Wrote: The most interesting thread on the board now I think.   Now comes a few more winnable games than last few but the team would be wise to lose. Will the coaches play it that way? Cool 

https://www.tankathon.com/mavericks

I hope our management realizes after these last two losses that we won‘t stand a chance in the play-ins and play-offs. These were do or die games for us, not for the 76ers and Heat, and we lost them both. Had we won those and started a streak we could go in the play-ins with a team believing in itself, but now real strength of character would be to accept that the season is lost and start building for the future.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - Branduil - 04-02-2023

I don't see how the Atlanta game is more winnable on a b2b with Luka and Kyrie playing absurd minutes.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - Mavs2021 - 04-02-2023

(04-01-2023, 10:29 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: This is bad...real bad. They need a complete teardown of the roster and start over from scratch. This wasn't Embiid or the Hornets' young, athletic bigs that dominated tonight. It was Cody Zeller and Kevin Love - and they still outrebounded Powell/Kleber/Wood.

They need to start over but I don't know what the solution is. All I know is that Kidd might be the worst possible coach for a Luka Doncic team. And Cuban was dumb enough to hire him on the spot without even considering any other candidate.

Well to be honest, I always felt Cody Zeller was better than Powell, let alone McGee, but what do I know. Question is whether Cuban will draw the right conclusion that he should not offer Powell anything above the minimum. My guess is his conclusion will be to give Powell an extension and offer Kevin Love all the money he can find for another three year retirement gig. Undecided

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - Mavs2021 - 04-02-2023

Our fate, but I´m sure our faith will be tested, will be decided before the Mavs even tip off with the Raptors, Jazz, Bulls and Wolves. I assume they will all win, put the Mavs in a tie for 9th odds, so the Mavs will then proceed to win anyway. Cry

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - chaparral - 04-02-2023

(04-02-2023, 02:44 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Well to be honest, I always felt Cody Zeller was better than Powell, let alone McGee, but what do I know. Question is whether Cuban will draw the right conclusion that he should not offer Powell anything above the minimum. My guess is his conclusion will be to give Powell an extension and offer Kevin Love all the money he can find for another three year retirement gig. Undecided

Cody Zeller, Kevin Love and a resigned Powell, is a typical Cuban move.  However, with the new CBA I'm not seeing were we have the money for Love if we resign Kyrie.

I would pass on all three.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - ItsGoTime - 04-02-2023

Wait, is there a team that will be signing Love for more than vet min?

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - loki - 04-02-2023

Bulls win, Jazz and T'Wolves lose. Mavs have to keep pace tonight with another loss.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - SwisherPrice - 04-02-2023

Great loss! We've given ourselves a chance now...all that talk before was just fun but this is the home stretch and we really might be able to pull it off

Lakers cruising against Houston. If OKC can steal this game against Phoenix it would be huge. Down 4 with 7 minutes left.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - F Gump - 04-02-2023

I hope UT loses again, but from here I think they will find a way to only win the same or less than Mavs do. If Mavs go 0-3, I figure UT finds a way to go 0-4. Not being pessimistic, but instead figuring UT isn't letting themselves get passed in the last minute quest for ping pong balls.

But at least we have this -- if Mavs go 0-3, they will land at 10 pre-lottery.

OKC loses. Which unfortunately means I don't see the Mavs resting Luka and Kyrie yet. I hope the Kings actually play for a win on Wednesday.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - LukaMVP - 04-02-2023

should have begun the tanking earlier but it ain't too late either. Even if we finish with 10th odds we still have a good chance to keep our pick since the 11-14th teams ain't likely to get a top 4 pick, and that will be a better scenario than playing one more game (or two at most) in the play-ins only to get ass kicked by lakers or wolves.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - Halfnir - 04-03-2023

To be more precise, there's a 18.86% chance of dropping to pick 11 when ranked 10th lottery spot.
(at least one lower ranked team goes to top4 and rank 10 does not go to the top4)

This would be so Mavs ...

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-03-2023

You know all these scenarios about where a team falls win or lose and the analytics and odds where they get to pick are not guaranteed. There have been plenty of teams that have had a 5% chance or less to get the pick they had no business getting, and moving up and getting that pick. So it's not a exact science.

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - MrGoat - 04-03-2023

We're lucky Kidd didn't accidentally win that last game by throwing in some size and rim protection in the 4th quarter by putting in McGee and playing Wood at his natural PF position. Need more Powell to keep losing

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - SkenfromLMF - 04-03-2023

(04-03-2023, 07:28 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: You know all these scenarios about where a team falls win or lose and the analytics and odds where they get to pick are not guaranteed. There have been plenty of teams that have had a 5% chance or less to get the pick they had no business getting, and moving up and getting that pick. So it's not a exact science.

It is an almost exact science when it comes to Dallas.
The Mavs HAVE NEVER moved up in the draft lottery. They have moved down virtually every time they are in the process. From the very first draft lottery (85) for Patrick Ewing Dallas went from 4th to 9th (Cleveland's pick) to the Shaq lottery when Dallas with the worst record bumped to 4th, followed by 93 & 94 we couldn't even keep our own position at #1. Time after time over the last few years, Dallas gets jumped by a team lower than them in the lottery - 

WHEN O WHEN WILL IT EVER WORK IN OUR FAVOR!!!

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - Hogmelon - 04-03-2023

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-mavs-shocking-luka-doncic-kyrie-irving-shutdown-shams

RE: Team Tank 2022-23 - loki - 04-03-2023

(04-03-2023, 12:00 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-mavs-shocking-luka-doncic-kyrie-irving-shutdown-shams

Great to hear. I think they would both understand this is the best way forward. Even Kyrie's recent statements about this being a long term process were encouraging.

Let's pray for an OKC victory over GS tomorrow to fully convince them.