MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Kammrath - 10-12-2022

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1580287002523553793

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - cow - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 03:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1580287002523553793

Hopefully Luka plays for RM and then Mark can see how good of a cast he's put around Luka.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Kammrath - 10-12-2022

https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/1580285524614426625

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - dirkfansince1998 - 10-12-2022

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - HoosierDaddyKid - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 11:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I would totally love Maledon. I agree with Keith Smith, he is an NBA player, just need to unearth that and develop it. Loved him predraft.

I honestly don't see why OKC let him go, then sign Trey Burke. he played well the few times I saw him.  I guess it was a number's game. Houston is high on TyTy Washington, so I guess that's why he didn't stick there.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - ItsGoTime - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 02:07 PM)cow Wrote: If you want Conley, you need to find a 3rd party who is interested in THJ and has expiring contracts.  

If Utah wants a FRP for Clarkson, Mavs aren't going to do that.  We could offer three SRPs.  Did you know that we only have three SRPs through 2029?
The 25 second is tied up with the 23 protections so we have 2 tradable seconds right now.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Chicagojk - 10-12-2022

There is something going on with Hardy.  I do t think he gets a lot of playing time early but him starting last game I don’t think was just a random thing.  I thought he would spend a lot of time playing G league this year and probably 2 years or so away.  I just think some of the talk is not just boosting up your draft pick talk.

https://twitter.com/calliecaplan/status/1580298656049426432?s=46&t=ox5192pytJklVCx8q7YsFw

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Winter - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 04:13 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: There is something going on with Hardy.  I do t think he gets a lot of playing time early but him starting last game I don’t think was just a random thing.  I thought he would spend a lot of time playing G league this year and probably 2 years or so away.  I just think some of the talk is not just boosting up your draft pick talk.

It's difficult to know what to make of Hardy. Unlike Green's first year, Hardy has shown the ability to move and score quickly... so giving him minutes in a real game may be the only way to go. He may be one of those players that you have to hold back a little and make sure he doesn't force shots. 

I could see him going either way, but he looks and acts like a player who actually expects to be in an NBA starting lineup in a year or two.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - cow - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 04:54 PM)Winter Wrote: It's difficult to know what to make of Hardy. Unlike Green's first year, Hardy has shown the ability to move and score quickly... so giving him minutes in a real game may be the only way to go. He may be one of those players that you have to hold back a little and make sure he doesn't force shots. 

I could see him going either way, but he looks and acts like a player who actually expects to be in an NBA starting lineup in a year or two.

And my mind the second sentiment, which I agree with, conflicts with the first.  I don't think he's a sure thing or anything but so far it looks like he belongs.  I also don't get the impression that the coaching staff is trying to pump him up.  They keep mentioning how much time he's putting in after practice and how he wants to get better.  He also gives off great energy.  /body language doctor

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - DanSchwartzgan - 10-12-2022

From Sefko at Mavs.com

Roster trimmed: The Mavericks waived four of their training-camp invitees after Wednesday’s practice.

Not among them was 6-foot guard McKinley Wright IV.
He has earned the 15th and final roster spot based on his play in preseason and through training camp.
Waived on Wednesday were Marcus Bingham Jr., Mouhamadou Gueye, Tyler Hall and D.J. Stewart Jr.

With the addition of Wright, the Mavericks now have 15 players under contract and two-way player Tyler Dorsey.

Briefly: Kidd said newcomers Jaden Hardy and Christian Wood were the stars of the scrimmage, but added: “I thought the energy and effort were good. Some late-game stuff. We played three full quarters and everybody did a good job.” . . . 

Asked what the emphasis has been since the last preseason game and before the exhibition finale Friday at Utah, Kidd said: “Defense is always first that we talk about, and last. We have guys who can score, but being able to have everybody on the same page defensively is what we’re working at. And I think the guys are getting it done.” . . . Kidd said that everybody will travel to Utah on Thursday and that “We’ll go with our rotation and just see how that works, come back Sunday and practice. 

On the flight home, we’ll talk about the rotation. But we have 82 games to look at different combinations.”

Twitter: @ESefko

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - sterlingmallory - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 05:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: From Sefko at Mavs.com

Roster trimmed: The Mavericks waived four of their training-camp invitees after Wednesday’s practice.

Not among them was 6-foot guard McKinley Wright IV.
He has earned the 15th and final roster spot based on his play in preseason and through training camp.
Waived on Wednesday were Marcus Bingham Jr., Mouhamadou Gueye, Tyler Hall and D.J. Stewart Jr.

With the addition of Wright, the Mavericks now have 15 players under contract and two-way player Tyler Dorsey.

Briefly: Kidd said newcomers Jaden Hardy and Christian Wood were the stars of the scrimmage, but added: “I thought the energy and effort were good. Some late-game stuff. We played three full quarters and everybody did a good job.” . . . 

Asked what the emphasis has been since the last preseason game and before the exhibition finale Friday at Utah, Kidd said: “Defense is always first that we talk about, and last. We have guys who can score, but being able to have everybody on the same page defensively is what we’re working at. And I think the guys are getting it done.” . . . Kidd said that everybody will travel to Utah on Thursday and that “We’ll go with our rotation and just see how that works, come back Sunday and practice. 

On the flight home, we’ll talk about the rotation. But we have 82 games to look at different combinations.”

Twitter: @ESefko

Wait, what?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - DanSchwartzgan - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 05:56 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Wait, what?

That's what I thought.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - dirkfansince1998 - 10-12-2022

If they are trying to convince the fanbase that they have some kind of plan they are doing a terrible job.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Jmaciscool - 10-12-2022

I don't know enough about the potential players for the 15th spot to judge how good or bad they might be, but I feel pretty confident that any player will be better than tax savings.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - IamDougieFresh - 10-12-2022

Fellows, it was posted on twitter that Compazzo is a done deal as well but I am having trouble linking.

Edit: got it now

https://twitter.com/eurohoopsnet/status/1580306736233140225?s=46&t=2YFXNrAHiE20f4KflfgvHQ

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - sterlingmallory - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 06:26 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Fellows, it was posted on twitter that Compazzo is a done deal as well but I am having trouble linking.

Edit: got it now

https://twitter.com/eurohoopsnet/status/1580306736233140225?s=46&t=2YFXNrAHiE20f4KflfgvHQ

How reliable is eurohoopsnet though? I don't know what to think because you would think a writer that is employed directly by the Mavs and writes for the Mavs official website would know what he's talking about and he unambiguously states in that article that Wright is getting the last roster spot. So either an official Mavs news source is just blatantly posting fake news or he knows something we don't.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - IamDougieFresh - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 06:43 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: How reliable is eurohoopsnet though? I don't know what to think because you would think a writer that is employed directly by the Mavs and writes for the Mavs official website would know what he's talking about and he unambiguously states in that article that Wright is getting the last roster spot. So either an official Mavs news source is just blatantly posting fake news or he knows something we don't.

I think EuroHoopsNet is pretty reliable from my recollection, but I could be wrong and the source could be mistaken of course.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Hypermav - 10-12-2022

I told my wife we signed Facu.  Got a funny look like I had said something bad.

(10-12-2022, 06:47 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I think EuroHoopsNet is pretty reliable from my recollection, but I could be wrong and the source could be mistaken of course.

They probably are, it's just that Sefko's word carries weight because he's literally employed by the Mavs. We've seen several sources confirm Campazzo is the guy so that's probably the truth but for Sefko to so clearly state something in this article only to be entirely wrong would make me lose all respect for him. Like why are you even here if you can get basic facts correct, Eddie? You can't even give him the benefit of the doubt in his wording or anything, he plainly states that Wright is getting the last roster spot.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Jmaciscool - 10-12-2022

Maybe Frankie gets cut? His salary is non guaranteed, right?

(Not saying I want that, but that would be a potential way to add two players who have both been reported as having spots)