MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - chaparral - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 08:13 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: There are probably 10 guys I would be fine with.  I would prefer some over the others.  

Would any of the 10 you are thinking about accept a non-guaranteed contract?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - IamDougieFresh - 10-09-2022

[Image: F6750-A61-E105-4558-98-AD-437-F954-CFDCF.jpg]

[Image: 9-F493352-F2-C1-4-CCE-8-C2-E-07-A8776425-FB.jpg]

[Image: 43372181-0880-493-C-A2-C8-3-E9-B0-B61-C2-ED.jpg]

[Image: 2-BC1-C9-A5-CECC-4844-9-BAF-F08-B966-EE773.jpg]

From the Mavs exhibit at the state fair. Wtf is the Dirk statue???

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 10-09-2022

If Campazzo is willing to accept what the Mavs told Dragic where he does not play a lot and get some DNPs, then why not?

But IMHO, if Dragic went on to sign with the Mavs, he'd be playing a lot more than the Mavs were trying to tell him before. Not sure if that applies to Campazzo though.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - WildArkieBoy - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 09:08 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: If Campazzo is willing to accept what the Mavs told Dragic where he does not play a lot and get some DNPs, then why not?

But IMHO, if Dragic went on to sign with the Mavs, he'd be playing a lot more than the Mavs were trying to tell him before. Not sure if that applies to Campazzo though.

the Dragic miss comes off as a Nico/Cuban brain fart

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Jommybone - 10-10-2022

Jaden Hardy looks like a starter to me. Not sure who we intend to trade him for (LeBron?), but calling him a starter will help the optics for the other team.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - cow - 10-10-2022

(10-09-2022, 08:32 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: [Image: F6750-A61-E105-4558-98-AD-437-F954-CFDCF.jpg]

[Image: 9-F493352-F2-C1-4-CCE-8-C2-E-07-A8776425-FB.jpg]

[Image: 43372181-0880-493-C-A2-C8-3-E9-B0-B61-C2-ED.jpg]

[Image: 2-BC1-C9-A5-CECC-4844-9-BAF-F08-B966-EE773.jpg]

From the Mavs exhibit at the state fair. Wtf is the Dirk statue???

I might hate that Dirk statue less than the one Mark unveiled at the jersey retirement.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Jason Terry - 10-10-2022

Campazzo is tiny. We’re moving to a bigger roster. Campazzo is a guard that can’t shoot. I don’t see us needing a player like this. If there’s injury there’s guys like this always available. Not worth the extra tax 

Makes more sense that this is a fake story. It’s Luka’s old buddy and it’s manufactured interest to help him get an nba contract

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - HoosierDaddyKid - 10-10-2022

(10-09-2022, 10:18 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: the Dragic miss comes off as a Nico/Cuban brain fart

Yeah. It sounds like shade that Kidd would say Dragic doesn't have anything left, to cover up the fact that they punted on that decision, just like Brunson.  I don't think Campazzo is the answer either.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - RoyTarpleysGhost - 10-10-2022

I have no idea but I get the feeling they didn’t want Dragic here for some other reason. Maybe they consider him a bad influence on Luka. Again, no idea if he’s a big partier or something. Or they thought the duo together would have too much power and Luka would listen to him instead of Kidd. 

The whole thing is extremely weird when you only have two guys that can dribble a basketball and he’s so close to Luka and wanted to be here.  He’s cheap, left handed, veteran leader, doesn’t need a ton of minutes. Seems like a perfect fit.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - SleepingHero - 10-10-2022

(10-08-2022, 02:49 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Luka 
Wood
DFS
Bullock
McGee

This has always been the best  most obvious lineup and I still don't know why Kidd wants to toy with Wood off the bench to overcomplicate the rotation for no reason.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - SleepingHero - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 09:08 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I have no idea but I get the feeling they didn’t want Dragic here for some other reason. Maybe they consider him a bad influence on Luka. Again, no idea if he’s a big partier or something. Or they thought the duo together would have too much power and Luka would listen to him instead of Kidd. 

The whole thing is extremely weird when you only have two guys that can dribble a basketball and he’s so close to Luka and wanted to be here.  He’s cheap, left handed, veteran leader, doesn’t need a ton of minutes. Seems like a perfect fit.

They should've signed Dragic and their failure to do so is a big black mark against Nico (and/or Cuban). 

Regarding Facu, I liked him a lot before Denver signed him.  His time in Denver has cooled me off a bit. He's a good defender and good passer, but from reading Denver forums over the years Facu has a tendency to make dumb plays in pursuit for the flash quite often. Couple that with subpar shooting and his lack of size and you get a flawed rotation guy.

That said, I'd take him over Frank and Green at this point to run the bench. Although I'd also take Kemba "no knees" Walker at this point too, which should show how unconfident I am with the bench shot creation we have right now. 

I'm praying for a Mike Conley for THJ trade at some point this season.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - mvossman - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 09:08 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I have no idea but I get the feeling they didn’t want Dragic here for some other reason. Maybe they consider him a bad influence on Luka. Again, no idea if he’s a big partier or something. Or they thought the duo together would have too much power and Luka would listen to him instead of Kidd. 

Its hard to imagine him being a bad influence from a taking care of your body standpoint.  To be able to still play at an NBA level at his age you have to be doing something right.

I think the Mavs might have been al little too honest with Dragic (maybe out of respect?).  I think they like what they have seen from Green in offseason, and need to get Timmy minutes (if for no other reason than to trade him) and they really are looking for an emergency PG.  I think Dragic wants more than that (although I am skeptical he will get it in Chicago).  

As someone said above, an emergency PG can be picked up off the scrap heap if somebody (Luka/Din) goes down for more than a game or two.  I'm not a fan of that approach, but it seems to be their thinking.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - HoosierDaddyKid - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:19 AM)mvossman Wrote: Its hard to imagine him being a bad influence from a taking care of your body standpoint.  To be able to still play at an NBA level at his age you have to be doing something right.

I think the Mavs might have been al little too honest with Dragic (maybe out of respect?).  I think they like what they have seen from Green in offseason, and need to get Timmy minutes (if for no other reason than to trade him) and they really are looking for an emergency PG.  I think Dragic wants more than that (although I am skeptical he will get it in Chicago).  

As someone said above, an emergency PG can be picked up off the scrap heap if somebody (Luka/Din) goes down for more than a game or two.  I'm not a fan of that approach, but it seems to be their thinking.

I anticipate he'll see more time in Chicago as the 3rd PG, due to the fact Ball isn't expected back until  the 1st of the year, after having his 2nd knee surgery in a year. Dosunmu will probably start with Caruso backing him up, then Dragic.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - KillerLeft - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 09:42 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: This has always been the best  most obvious lineup

[Image: disagree.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Chicagojk - 10-10-2022

(10-09-2022, 08:23 PM)chaparral Wrote: Would any of the 10 you are thinking about accept a non-guaranteed contract?

Not sure.  I think it goes back to what I was harping on this summer.  I wish the Mavs were a little more aggressive post draft looking for insurance options.  I believe Dennis Smith Jr was a non guaranteed camp invite.   Would I prefer  him over Campazzo?  Probably, but it is close.  Mostly due to the small chance Dennis figures something out at his lower age.   Pippen jr was an undrafted guy after the draft.   I just wished the Mavs were a little more aggressive targeting players and not waiting.   

Maybe it all works out and i realized in the whole scheme of things, two way guys are not huge deals.   But if there was a slightest chance i had concerns about a third point guard, I would have brought in at least two guys to compete for that last roster spot.   

I too think I would prefer Kemba, if he was ok with this role.    There is at least a chance he has a 10 game run where he gets 18 points a game when there is an injury.  I am not sure Campazzo can do that.   Lance Stephenson?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - cow - 10-10-2022

All roads lead back to Tyreke Evans.

(10-10-2022, 12:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: [Image: disagree.gif]

You're right my bad. 

Luka
DFS
Wood
Mcgee
Powell

is better.

(10-10-2022, 02:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: You're right my bad. 

Luka
DFS
Wood
Mcgee
Powell

is better.

McKinley Wright IV wearing a leftover Jalen Brunson jersey
Dorsey
Green
Powell
Frank

Luka gets 6th man of the year.  We draft Wembanyama

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - MFFL - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 09:48 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: They should've signed Dragic and their failure to do so is a big black mark against Nico (and/or Cuban). 

I personally think Dragic is mostly done. And apparently the Mavs thought so too or they wouldn't have thought he was only a part time dude.

I'd rather see what else is out there.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | preseason Oct 14 - Hypermav - 10-10-2022

https://twitter.com/Mainstream_Mavs/status/1579574956534693889?s=20&t=iPm9IBakI5dFNJx4_8L3Pw

Okay, SD playing all 48.  Makes sense now.