MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - F Gump - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 12:09 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: What kind of deal?

It would most likely be an Exhibit 10, which is a camp invite, followed by a trip to G-League (with Legends getting his exclusive rights there), and some potential bonus money above what a G-Leaguer usually gets.

An Exhibit 10 bonus can pay the player from $5,000 to $50,000 if the player is waived by his NBA team, signs with the G-League, is assigned to the NBA team's G-League affiliate, and stays there at least 60 days.

These are common for the last few slots of the 20-man summer roster.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - HoosierDaddyKid - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 12:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Did DSJ attend a Shawn Marion jumpshot camp? Looks completly broken.

I don't know who's shot mechanics are worse, but I'd venture to say it was Marion's. His shot looked like a praying mantis.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Scott41theMavs - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:20 PM)F Gump Wrote: It would most likely be an Exhibit 10, which is a camp invite, followed by a trip to G-League (with Legends getting his exclusive rights there), and some potential bonus money above what a G-Leaguer usually gets.

An Exhibit 10 bonus can pay the player from $5,000 to $50,000 if the player is waived by his NBA team, signs with the G-League, is assigned to the NBA team's G-League affiliate, and stays there at least 60 days.

These are common for the last few slots of the 20-man summer roster.

I think he's showing well enough in SL that he would be offered something better from another team if that's all they're offering.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - Kammrath - 07-14-2022

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/1547651195199557633

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - F Gump - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:30 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I think he's showing well enough in SL that he would be offered something better from another team if that's all they're offering.

If you're one of those guys (or his agent), an E-10 deal that says you were noticed, gets your foot in the door, and assures you of some extra money, is what you are hoping to find.

Don't forget that 2nd rounders - guys picked by teams - often get nothing but a 2-way, or even less.

In SL, every team usually has one or two guys that look like the pick of the litter. It's incredibly small sample size (3 games), SL-caliber competition, and no team is scouting opponents to know weaknesses and stop strengths.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - KillerLeft - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:45 PM)F Gump Wrote: Don't forget that 2nd rounders - guys picked by teams - often get nothing but a 2-way, or even less.

For sure. Easy to forget that there are 450 roster spots in the NBA. With 60 new draft picks every year (half of them with guaranteed, 1st round contracts) and players playing until 35-38 now in some cases, it's gotta be tough just to make it onto a roster for guys like Lawson.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - SleepingHero - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 12:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Did DSJ attend a Shawn Marion jumpshot camp? Looks completly broken.

Yeah I noticed that too. But they were going in so I guess it's working for him? My lone question from that is can he get a shot off with that form against an NBA defense and can he even defend himself?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - KillerLeft - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah I noticed that too. But they were going in so I guess it's working for him? My lone question from that is can he get a shot off with that form against an NBA defense and can he even defend himself?

They're going in, but the release is slow, low and not really applicable to real catch-and-shoot situations, imo. 

If the Mavs sign hm I'll be pretty disappointed.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - cow - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I don't know who's shot mechanics are worse, but I'd venture to say it was Marion's. His shot looked like a praying mantis.

I do.  Marion's are worse.  It was like a weird shotput.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - DallasMaverick - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 02:01 PM)cow Wrote: I do.  Marion's are worse.  It was like a weird shotput.

https://youtu.be/TLsnerJs6F0

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - cow - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 02:32 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: https://youtu.be/TLsnerJs6F0

Not quite right.  Marion was a really quick flick off a bunny hop.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - MrGoat - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 09:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Man, I'm the biggest THJ homer here, and even I'd do that deal. I think you might be underrating Conley. No idea if such a deal is even possible though.  Like Dan said, I don't see what use a blown up Utah team has for THJ.

This isn't so much about being a THJ homer as it is about being a Conley doubter. He's getting awfully old for a 6' 1" point guard so I'm expecting his stats to go down next season too, and I watched him in the playoffs because we played against him. If we weren't interested in Dragic at the minimum, I have no interest in trading THJ's scoring punch for Conley

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - KillerLeft - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 03:03 PM)MrGoat Wrote: This isn't so much about being a THJ homer as it is about being a Conley doubter. He's getting awfully old for a 6' 1" point guard so I'm expecting his stats to go down next season too, and I watched him in the playoffs because we played against him.

I get that, and I don't love being locked into him for two years at big money, but as the 3rd guard, coming off the bench I'd like it. His name and rep still ring out (with the players, I don't care what fans think about him), and I actually think he could bring a lot of battle tested experience to the table that might help the team a lot. 

It's similar to how I felt about Lowry a year ago. Not all of the benefit comes from what happens on the court. Just my opinion.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Jmaciscool - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 03:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I get that, and I don't love being locked into him for two years at big money, but as the 3rd guard, coming off the bench I'd like it. His name and rep still ring out (with the players, I don't care what fans think about him), and I actually think he could bring a lot of battle tested experience to the table that might help the team a lot. 

It's similar to how I felt about Lowry a year ago. Not all of the benefit comes from what happens on the court. Just my opinion.

Like Boban?  Tongue

(07-14-2022, 03:19 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: Like Boban?

No, not like Boban. Conley would play over 20 minutes per here in Dallas. Most of the time, he'd play pretty damn well. Not as well as he would've 5 years ago, but he'd contribute more on-court than Boban ever has.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - audiosway - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They're going in, but the release is slow, low and not really applicable to real catch-and-shoot situations, imo. 

If the Mavs sign hm I'll be pretty disappointed.

That's the first thing I thought seeing that video. They are going in but the release is too slow. Gives too much time for the closeout defender to make up ground. As high as I was on DSJ I would rather see what Frank can do with some growth time. We know Frank has the tools to defend.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - Jmaciscool - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 03:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No, not like Boban. Conley would play over 20 minutes per here in Dallas. Most of the time, he'd play pretty damn well. Not as well as he would've 5 years ago, but he'd contribute more on-court than Boban ever has.

Ha, no I agree with the above - I was just messing with you since you had said not all of a player's value is on the court and I know how much you loved Boban.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - Kammrath - 07-14-2022

https://twitter.com/dmn_mavericks/status/1547744005319901186

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - Hypermav - 07-14-2022

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1547753998077161472?s=20&t=5x25x0gvwmOPpg9jRraB2A

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Lawson Deal incoming? - Hypermav - 07-14-2022

https://twitter.com/MatejSportinfo/status/1547735271801647104?s=20&t=5x25x0gvwmOPpg9jRraB2A