MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - BolsDamols - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 08:28 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I think you're overvaluing what a Ben Simmons in the bush is worth.

(Also, I thought we couldn't trade for Ben Simmons because he is on a rookie max extension and you can't trade for one of those players if you already have one, which we do)

You can carry 2 if only one was acquired via trade is what I understand

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Jommybone - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 07:27 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Can he stay healthy?  That's the 64 dollar question. He's missed a lot of games the last few seasons.

I love this! The 64 dollar question!!! Reminds me of Fletch saying he feels like 100 dollars—instead of a million, as the saying goes.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Kammrath - 07-13-2022

https://twitter.com/NationMffl/status/1547415407690145797

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Kammrath - 07-13-2022

https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/status/1547420453609807872

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - BoredAssistant - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 10:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/status/1547420453609807872

Best video of the offseason!  There's you're 3rd wing mavsboard.  (idk this to be true, just happy to see him shooting threes)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - F Gump - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 10:50 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Best video of the offseason!  There's you're 3rd wing mavsboard.  (idk this to be true, just happy to see him shooting threes)

If JG can become a knock-down shooter on the 3, AND if he can gain the confidence to shoot when he has the shot, he clearly has a path to becoming a regular on this team. The Mavs certainly have a need for a player like he might be able to become.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - ItsGoTime - 07-13-2022

JG, another slow release shot. All our guys will need maximum space or they’ll pass it on.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - KillerLeft - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 11:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: JG, another slow release shot. All our guys will need maximum space or they’ll pass it on.

Not all. Hardaway’ s release is lightning quick, and DFS’s has been getting faster and faster. Even Kleber has sped his up some. It’s all a work in progress.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - ItsGoTime - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 11:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not all. Hardaway’ s release is lightning quick, and DFS’s has been getting faster and faster. Even Kleber has sped his up some. It’s all a work in progress.
Yep, add Hardy to the workload!

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - SleepingHero - 07-14-2022

(07-13-2022, 07:27 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Can he stay healthy?  That's the 64 dollar question. He's missed a lot of games the last few seasons.

To put it into perspective, KP has played in more games the last 3 years than Hayward has!

Dude is absolutely unreliable and the Mavs should be getting at least a first or two for taking on his contract.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - KillerLeft - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:14 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: To put it into perspective, KP has played in more games the last 3 years than Hayward has!

Valid. But, Hayward is a player who can contribute to winning when healthy. Porzingis is not, imho.

After watching KP play here for 2 years I take Hayward over him 10/10 times.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - SleepingHero - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:26 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Valid. But, Hayward is a player who can contribute to winning when healthy. Porzingis is not, imho.

After watching KP play here for 2 years I take Hayward over him 10/10 times.

How can a player contribute to winning if they aren't on the court?

I was a KP homer. I turned a blind eye and explained away his missed games. In the end it doesn't matter. A player who doesn't play isn't much better than an empty roster spot. 

Hayward when healthy I agree can play well. But it he can't ever finish a season healthy. One injury after the next. 

I'm not against a Hayward trade but they'd have to take Bertans+Powell, and throw us a pick.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Branduil - 07-14-2022

You'd need to include Rozier to get me to bite on Hayward.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - ItsGoTime - 07-14-2022

What I don’t get is after seeing the ask from the Nets, why would the KD trade muddy the waters in a Hayward trade? If KD isn’t the prize in the trade, what’s the point of not going through with the trade? This is why I can’t understand why there is a holdup in the NBA. Only 1 team will end up with KD, if your team doesn’t have the value to give, what’s the point of holding out?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Kammrath - 07-14-2022

(07-13-2022, 11:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: JG, another slow release shot. All our guys will need maximum space or they’ll pass it on.

DUDE.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c03963e3f3db400733...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - omahen - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 06:48 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: why would the KD trade muddy the waters in a Hayward trade?

Exactly. Also, why would Charlotte trade Hayward for a couple of overpaid role players like THJ and Powell? To give max to wife beater? And even if they would give him the max, they would still be well below lux tax. From playing perspective, their one need is a center. They already have an overpaid back-up in Plumlee, so they have zero need in Powell. Hayward played more games than THJ did last season.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - DanSchwartzgan - 07-14-2022

(07-13-2022, 06:17 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I saw that and quickly skimmed through the other posts hoping you calculated your answer.  Respectfully waiting.

Sorry, yesterday was too busy to post.  It is pretty challenging to find something that lands a wing and a PG for the outgoing of THJ and/or Powell (which was the tea leaf reading Cato did on his podcast).  Powell as an expiring doesn't have to be too useful, but someone in the deal has to want three years of Hardaway.  I think the other thing fantasy traders need to do is figure why such a trade needed to wait until mid July (or later).  

It seems like NY is the favorite in the Mitchell sweepstakes now.  Pretty clearly Dallas and NY (and maybe Detroit) were trying to do something before everything became official.  The problem I'm having is making sense of Hardaway in NY (even if they send out Fournier) or Utah.  So, I'm struggling to get involved in something that brings back a NY player.  I had some other thoughts if Mitchell went elsewhere, but will sit on those until it is proven he's not going to NY (CAA rules the world).

I think Conley and Bogdonovic make the most sense coming in from Utah, but again, I don't see Ainge wanting 3 years of THJ.  Can THJ go to a third team and Powell to Utah?  Maybe.  Detroit?  Yeah, you can do Diallo/Olynyk to Utah, Conley to Dallas and THJ to Detroit (you could add Powell for Burks as a separate deal with Powell replacing Olynyk with a shorter deal.  That's a PG and a Wing and I kind of like Olynyk as a C next to Vanderbilt (who I suspect Utah will keep).  I'd pay up if there was a good non-aggregated way to get Vanderbilt.  Him next to Wood?  I like that.

I think there is a Cleveland deal where Sexton ends up in Utah with Powell, THJ goes to Cleveland and Dallas ends up with Conley.  Sexton is BYC, so Cleveland has to send out more salary to somewhere. 

I'd be in favor of one of the versions of the Hayward deals people posted yesterday.  I don't think the version where Indy gets Powell and THJ with Turner to Charlotte works for Indy.  But with Ayton and Turner up in the air, I could see Charlotte wanting to wait before doing anything big until they are sure they can't have Turner.  A simple THJ/Powell for Hayward works.  Hayward kind of fills the ball handling wing role, but now we have two open roster spots.  

I have no idea what to think of the Simmons talk.  The deal Marks proposed makes sense if Mitchell is going to Brooklyn.  Would Ainge want Simmons?  Or, THJ and Powell and more picks from Dallas (and how many picks is it worth).  Might be academic now unless Mitchell to Brooklyn becomes a thing.  Yes, we could deal directly with Brooklyn regardless of the Mitchell thing.  I just don't have any idea what that roster is going to look like and I'd just be guessing on what it would take in addition to THJ/Powell.  Brooklyn has two versions of THJ already, but one could be outgoing in a Laker's deal for Westbrook.

I think the other thing Dallas may be trying to do is have a clean cap in 24/25.  Moving THJ is part of that.  So, bringing back two year guys like Conley for a three year guy like THJ is a good thing.  The idea being that next summer and the 2024 TDL we will have all sorts of expiring contracts and our full compliment of picks to make "the" trade.  And, if nothing happens, we have Luka, DFS, McGee's PO and a $5mm guaranteed amount for Bertans.  That's $62mm, but the cap might be big enough to add two high dollar guys the summer of 24.  Interestingly, Bertans might be an interesting trade chip at the 2024 TDL.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - HoosierDaddyKid - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 02:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: How can a player contribute to winning if they aren't on the court?

I was a KP homer. I turned a blind eye and explained away his missed games. In the end it doesn't matter. A player who doesn't play isn't much better than an empty roster spot. 

Hayward when healthy I agree can play well. But it he can't ever finish a season healthy. One injury after the next. 

I'm not against a Hayward trade but they'd have to take Bertans+Powell, and throw us a pick.

Correct. The best ability is availability.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - DanSchwartzgan - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 07:34 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think Conley and Bogdonovic make the most sense coming in from Utah, but again, I don't see Ainge wanting 3 years of THJ.   

I think the easy button is Powell for Beverley, but what would Ainge want for that.  Maybe the way that gets lumped into Mitchell to NY is we take off the 23 protection so Ainge can have our pick unprotected.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - StepBackJay - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 08:12 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think the easy button is Powell for Beverley, but what would Ainge want for that.  Maybe the way that gets lumped into Mitchell to NY is we take off the 23 protection so Ainge can have our pick unprotected.

Ya that's a little bit risky, I wonder if Mavs would do that