MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - MrGoat - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Again, I think @"Kammrath" is doing a pretty good job of connecting the dots here. They either have a better idea than Dragic lined up or they thought they did when those negotiations were taking place. 

That's the part that worries me. There's a lot of offseason to go but there is that possibility they already whiffed on what that plan was. Right now that Dragic news is kind of head scratching but got to wait and see

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - KillerLeft - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:39 PM)MrGoat Wrote: That's the part that worries me. There's a lot of offseason to go but there is that possibility they already whiffed on what that plan was. Right now that Dragic news is kind of head scratching but got to wait and see

Yeah, lots being made about the Durant/Kyrie/BRK situation "holding up" whatever the Mavs may have had lined up, and that's definitely possible. But, it's also possible that this very volatile, unexpected situation might have killed whatever they had lined up. Although to be fair, it's possible that there are now new opportunities becoming available as a result of that stuff, too. 

Like you said, we won't know until we know.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Kammrath - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:26 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Gordon Hayward

!!!!!

He meets the criteria of playoff rotation wing AND secondary creation skills. 

Hayward now jumps Simmons in my mind as the best candidate that matches all the known criteria. 

Good call!

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - DallasMaverick - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:39 PM)MrGoat Wrote: That's the part that worries me. There's a lot of offseason to go but there is that possibility they already whiffed on what that plan was. Right now that Dragic news is kind of head scratching but got to wait and see

Patience is really hard.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Kammrath - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, lots being made about the Durant/Kyrie/BRK situation "holding up" whatever the Mavs may have had lined up, and that's definitely possible. But, it's also possible that this very volatile, unexpected situation might have killed whatever they had lined up. Although to be fair, it's possible that there are now new opportunities becoming available as a result of that stuff, too. 

Yeah the way Skin used "muddied" I think "killed" would be a viable option of his meaning there (i.e. a possible outcome of the KD situation).

Hardy interview:

https://post.futurimedia.com/ktck/playlist/listen-3088.html

(07-13-2022, 04:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Hardy interview:

So it turns out that Hardy NEVER worked out for the Mavs because they cancelled their workout with him when they traded the pick, assuming they wouldn't be able to get him.

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1547340786487988225

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Scott41theMavs - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:48 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Patience is really hard.

For what? Every day that a deal isn't made makes it less likely that one is going to happen, as well as making less likely the efficacy of the Skin/Kamm "they have a plan B" hypothesis.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - DallasMaverick - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 05:05 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: For what? Every day that a deal isn't made makes it less likely that one is going to happen, as well as making less likely the efficacy of the Skin/Kamm "they have a plan B" hypothesis.

Kinda ignores the reality of the KD / Ayton logjam.  Smaller deals typically wait in line behind bigger deals.

Patience is hard.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - mvossman - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:26 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I dunno, guys. I’ve been pretty impressed with the moves since Nico arrived. Bullock was a steal. The KP trade was a big plus. The trade for Wood was a masterpiece. 

Losing JB for nuttin’ hurts big time. But it’s hard to judge how bad it is till the dominos are done falling. Clearly they ain’t. 

The Dragic news points unmistakably towards already having a bird in hand. I get the point that it might only be a bird in the bush. But I’m having a hard time believing they tell Dragic they don’t have minutes for him unless there’s already a handshake deal with someone they trust.

The trust thing rules out a Lowry deal with the Heat I suppose. So I’m gonna guess Gordon Hayward. THJ & Dwight to the Pacers. Turner to Charlotte. Why not.

I assume Charlotte would send out a first to Indy in that deal.  I don't hate it although Hayward has a big contract and makes KP look healthy.  Doesn't really address the third point guard role, but does add some size, defense and playmaking.  This would be a move in the right direction.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Hypermav - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 10:37 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Now to look for THJ or THJ/Powell deals that yield a defensive wing and a third PG who might have been willing to take a day off once every five so Dragic could play his once every five games.
I saw that and quickly skimmed through the other posts hoping you calculated your answer.  Respectfully waiting.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - Hypermav - 07-13-2022

I would like it to be Gary Harris and Jonathan Isaac for THJ and Powell.  Plus Cuban saves a little money.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - soog - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:26 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I dunno, guys. I’ve been pretty impressed with the moves since Nico arrived. Bullock was a steal. The KP trade was a big plus. The trade for Wood was a masterpiece. 

Losing JB for nuttin’ hurts big time. But it’s hard to judge how bad it is till the dominos are done falling. Clearly they ain’t. 

The Dragic news points unmistakably towards already having a bird in hand. I get the point that it might only be a bird in the bush. But I’m having a hard time believing they tell Dragic they don’t have minutes for him unless there’s already a handshake deal with someone they trust.

The trust thing rules out a Lowry deal with the Heat I suppose. So I’m gonna guess Gordon Hayward. THJ & Dwight to the Pacers. Turner to Charlotte. Why not.

Agree with your assessment of the MBT so far. I’ve been extremely impressed.

To be honest, the Dragic news is the first that really disappointed me. He was a super cheap, very good option. Not being willing to commit to him while you wait on something uncertain to develop is poor risk management in my opinion. Hopefully I’m wrong.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - StepBackJay - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I disagree with this, particularly because it's NOT the Burke role that most needs to be filled right now, and we can surmise from the pieces of info coming in that the Burke role WAS what they offered him. 

That means A) they DID value him (in that role) more than the other "guys they could get off the street" but B) not enough to offer him the bigger, vitally important role we all know they have available. 

Again, I think @"Kammrath" is doing a pretty good job of connecting the dots here. They either have a better idea than Dragic lined up or they thought they did when those negotiations were taking place. 

When the dust clears, the question will be: were they right to prioritize the choices they made, or not? If nothing better materializes, no. If it does, sure. It's that simple.

I was pro-Dragic but I just can't get that worked up ab a 36 yr old vet min PG. The Mavs waited for like a month on Danny Green to make a decision a couple of years ago like he was Lebron or something. That is one of the stupider things we have witnessed from this FO. I am not that worried ab Mavs finding somebody this time around. There will be decent PGs that don't even have an NBA team to start the season so I am fine with the Mavs trying to get a better deal.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - BolsDamols - 07-13-2022

A Goran Dragic on hand is worth 2 Ben Simmons in the bush

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - HoosierDaddyKid - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 04:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: !!!!!

He meets the criteria of playoff rotation wing AND secondary creation skills. 

Hayward now jumps Simmons in my mind as the best candidate that matches all the known criteria. 

Good call!

Can he stay healthy?  That's the 64 dollar question. He's missed a lot of games the last few seasons.

(07-13-2022, 07:27 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Can he stay healthy? 

I don't know. I am just saying he fits the criteria, not that he is my favorite option.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - MrGoat - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 07:21 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: A Goran Dragic on hand is worth 2 Ben Simmons in the bush

I think you're overvaluing what a Ben Simmons in the bush is worth.

(Also, I thought we couldn't trade for Ben Simmons because he is on a rookie max extension and you can't trade for one of those players if you already have one, which we do)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench | Dragic not offered minutes - ItsGoTime - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 08:28 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I think you're overvaluing what a Ben Simmons in the bush is worth.

(Also, I thought we couldn't trade for Ben Simmons because he is on a rookie max extension and you can't trade for one of those players if you already have one, which we do)
We don’t, that was cleared up by FG.