MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - cow - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 05:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ah, I see now. I left "on offense" out of my Dampier point, sorry. 

I NEVER thought Dampier was a useless player, for context. Since the mere mention of his name apparently has you seeing red, I have a feeling you disagree.

But as far as McGee is concerned, I just think his best chance to be a major positive on offense is to play with Luka, just like Powell. I didn't realize this was going to ruffle anyone's feathers, sorry. You said yourself that "he's going to play so few minutes..." and "he's a traditional center and the league has changed..." etc.

I'm not seeing red and cows don't have feathers.  I just think the Dampier comp is a little unfair to McGee and I get that wasn't your straight line through the point.  We still have posters here that see him through Shaqtin a Fool.   Love you Dougie.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - IamDougieFresh - 07-12-2022

Also, go ahead and pencil in about 30 guaranteed loses for any game Luka/Dinwiddie miss. Frank and Hardy handling the ball is going to be a disaster.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - cow - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 06:27 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Also, go ahead and pencil in about 30 guaranteed loses for any game Luka/Dinwiddie miss. Frank and Hardy handling the ball is going to be a disaster.

They have to have a plan for that final roster spot.  I refuse to believe all the eggs are in the Luka and Dinwiddie's knees basket.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - IamDougieFresh - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 06:23 PM)cow Wrote: I'm not seeing red and cows don't have feathers.  I just think the Dampier comp is a little unfair to McGee and I get that wasn't your straight line through the point.  We still have posters here that see him through Shaqtin a Fool.   Love you Dougie.

All of Dallas will know McShaqtin after 82 games and a swift playoff exit.

(07-12-2022, 06:29 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: All of Dallas will know McShaqtin after 82 games and a swift playoff exit.

He has 3x as many titles our beloved franchise.

(07-12-2022, 06:28 PM)cow Wrote: They have to have a plan for that final roster spot.  I refuse to believe all the eggs are in the Luka and Dinwiddie's knees basket.

You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds. Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!

(07-12-2022, 06:32 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds. Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!

Okay, Heath.

(07-12-2022, 06:31 PM)cow Wrote: He has 3x as many titles our beloved franchise.

He would run the team better than Cuban

(07-12-2022, 06:35 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: He would run the team better than Cuban

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - SleepingHero - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 02:26 PM)radix Wrote: I also feel like Jason Kidd names the starting lineup just to troll 90% of the people in this forum.

There is no other plausible explanation.

And I think it is hilarious.

This is the only explanation that makes sense to me and I 100% believe it.

(07-12-2022, 02:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: MODERN BASKETBALL MIGHT STILL LIVE IN DALLAS. 

It was never dead. It was never going to go away. Even if they played 2 bigs to start the first. 

I still am so confused why you ever thought that Kidd would walk away from 5-out, 1 big type of offense. 15mpg from McGee wouldn't have changed that, even if Wood had started.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - KillerLeft - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 06:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I still am so confused why you ever thought that Kidd would walk away from 5-out, 1 big type of offense. 15mpg from McGee wouldn't have changed that, even if Wood had started.

You clearly have read nothing I've written over the past 48 hours. But it's ok. Crisis averted (I hope).

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench?? - F Gump - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 12:45 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Props to @"F Gump" for calling this. I thought he was crazy lol but here we are.

"I thought he was crazy" ...Yeah, that happens! lol

Here's how I've been posting the resulting lineup and how it would all work with the CURRENT players under contract. While I think Kidd says a 3rd creator/offense starter is crucial for taking the load off Luka, they don't have one yet, and it's awful late in the game to find a key player. I'm assuming they won't and am working from there. (I hope they surprise me.)

I think we're looking at something like this, minutes-wise, in games when no one is injured.

BY POSITION
C -  McGee 12, Wood 28, Kleber 8, Powell emergency/traded
PF - DFS 23, Kleber 16, Bertans 9
SF - Bullock 28, DFS 10, Green/Frank/Hardy (10 combined), Pinson cheerleader
SG - Dinwiddie 15, THJ 23, Green/Frank/Hardy (10 combined)
PG - Luka 35, Dinwiddie 13

BY PLAYER
Luka 35
DFS 33
Dinwiddie 28
Bullock 28
Wood 28
Kleber 24
THJ 23
McGee 12
Bertans 9
Green/Frank/Hardy (20 combined)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - KillerLeft - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 07:12 PM)F Gump Wrote: I just listened to what Kidd said, without making any assumptions, and felt this was the obvious meaning of what he was saying.

Well, it certainly makes the "scoring off the bench" comment a lot more clear.

I don't think it's going to be crazy but I bet McGee sees a slight uptick in minutes from what we are expecting.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - StepBackJay - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 07:24 PM)cow Wrote: I don't think it's going to be crazy but I bet McGee a light uptick in minutes from what we are expecting.

He did have that 1 Laker year with more but he has has 4 years straight of 15mpg so I think that's what it will average out to.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - F Gump - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 01:16 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Not to the guy paying the tax. We’ll be under it next year if not this. Plainly that’s a priority here.

While I think Cuban is ummmm "frugal," and has proclaimed the tax paying is a one-off, I also don't trust Cuban's ability to accurately see what lies ahead. And looking at the contracts and the choices, I lean very strongly to the idea that they'll more-likely-than-not be taxpayers again in 2023-24. The bigger priority is building a winner while they have a chance, not shedding payroll, which means their key players whose contracts are set to expire will be signed again (or extended beforehand) rather than let go.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - dirkfansince1998 - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 07:24 PM)cow Wrote: I don't think it's going to be crazy but I bet McGee a light uptick in minutes from what we are expecting.

Now you are just trying to make me angry...

(07-12-2022, 07:27 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: He did have that 1 Laker year with more but he has has 4 years straight of 15mpg so I think that's what it will average out to.

I don't see north of 20mpg but northing of 15mpg?  Sure.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | CW off bench? - SleepingHero - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 06:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You clearly have read nothing I've written over the past 48 hours. But it's ok. Crisis averted (I hope).

I HAVE read it. I still was muttering to myself "does he really think this is a real scenario?"

But it's ok like you said. I really do think the Mavs will surprise you this season, even if they are playing an "archaic" style that you despise.

(07-12-2022, 07:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: even if they are playing an "archaic" style that you despise.

Nah, I won't like that. But, today, this got a little less likely.

They're one Powell trade away from me breathing comfortably.