MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - youzigizag - 02-25-2024

(02-25-2024, 11:24 AM)The Jom Wrote: https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2710569/

Followill says Kyrie is 50/40/90 since joining Mavs.

Enjoy Kyrie while we can.

Highly unlikely we see another player as skilled as him play along side Luka or even play for the Mavs.

Incredible talent.  Like Luka...his offensive bag is deep as the Mariana.  Can shoot lights out too.

Jason Terry - Jason Terry - 02-25-2024

(02-25-2024, 11:43 AM)youzigizag Wrote: Enjoy Kyrie while we can.

Highly unlikely we see another player as skilled as him play along side Luka or even play for the Mavs.

Incredible talent.  Like Luka...his offensive bag is deep as the Mariana.  Can shoot lights out too.
Kyrie is here to stay. If he takes care of his body he could play several more years at a high level

Kyrie is better than any player Dirk had his whole career. If we did it once, i don’t see why we can’t get another Kyrie in 3-4 years

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - The Jom - 02-26-2024

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2712997/

Cuban says definitely looking to fill open roster spot.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - KillerLeft - 02-26-2024

(02-26-2024, 10:31 PM)The Jom Wrote: https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2712997/

Cuban says definitely looking to fill open roster spot.

What’s “the right fit” though?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - The Jom - 02-26-2024

(02-26-2024, 11:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What’s “the right fit” though?

Rhetorical question, I assume. I sure as heck don’t know. Maybe Cedi Osman gets bought out? Patty Mills to complement our mini-team down under?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - KillerLeft - 02-26-2024

(02-26-2024, 11:40 PM)The Jom Wrote: Rhetorical question, I assume. I sure as heck don’t know. Maybe Cedi Osman gets bought out? Patty Mills to complement our mini-team down under?

I just mean what piece do they anticipate needing? The only thing that comes to mind for me is an emergency point guard, but I don’t think there is any position that could actually make it into the rotation at this point, so it’s hard for me to get too excited about this.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - SleepingHero - 02-27-2024

Landon Thomas (@sixfivelando)
Mavs owning the tie breaker over Suns was huge.

They will own the tie breaker with Pelicans if they have a better division record. Mavs are 8-5 right now, Pels 9-6.

Kings own tie breaker with Mavs, 2-0 in the season series. Mavs play Kings twice in March, need to win both.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - SleepingHero - 02-27-2024

https://twitter.com/the_bball_index/status/1762266299097620704?t=K2bb9-AWoMnQLFUNiIm7aw

On-ball Gravity vs Shooting Talent

⬆️Recieving more defensive attention

➡️Shooting with shot making, quality, and creation taken into account

[Image: GHPMcVNaAAAZ5FV?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - dirkfansince1998 - 02-27-2024

(02-27-2024, 01:14 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Landon Thomas (@sixfivelando)
Mavs owning the tie breaker over Suns was huge.

They will own the tie breaker with Pelicans if they have a better division record. Mavs are 8-5 right now, Pels 9-6.

Kings own tie breaker with Mavs, 2-0 in the season series. Mavs play Kings twice in March, need to win both.

One would think that a seven game winning streak makes a difference but it really hasn't changed anything in the standings. Mavs started as the 8th seed (26-23). Jumped up to the 6th seed (33-23). Lost one game. Fell all the way back to the 8th seed (33-24). Now in a three-way tie with NO and Sacramento. 0.5 games behind Phoenix.
And just three games behind them the Lakers and Warriors are making a push for a playoff spot. Lakers 7-3 over the last ten games. Warriors 8-2.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - omahen - 02-27-2024

(02-27-2024, 05:04 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: One would think that a seven game winning streak makes a difference but it really hasn't changed anything in the standings. Mavs started as the 8th seed (26-23). Jumped up to the 6th seed (33-23). Lost one game. Fell all the way back to the 8th seed (33-24). Now in a three-way tie with NO and Sacramento. 0.5 games behind Phoenix.
And just three games behind them the Lakers and Warriors are making a push for a playoff spot. Lakers 7-3 over the last ten games. Warriors 8-2.

I agree everyone is playing well so far and the battle to avoid play-in will be tough. But, the streak did make a considerable difference, as Mavs were 2 or 3 games behind 5th seed before this streak started.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - HoosierDaddyKidd - 02-27-2024

https://twitter.com/NickDePaula/status/1762281713169014850

Kyrie's 1st signature shoe with Anta.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - Smitty - 02-27-2024

Maybe a silver lining on THJ.

L8: Mavs 7-1 THJ 25.2 mpg
Previous 13G: Mavs 6-7 THJ 34.5 mpg

Kidd is at least doing something right with playing him less.

He played 23 minutes against the Pacers last game. With Exum back tomorrow, ideally it continues downward and he’s under 20 mpg the rest of the way.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - youzigizag - 02-27-2024

(02-27-2024, 01:58 PM)Smitty Wrote: Maybe a silver lining on THJ.

L8: Mavs 7-1 THJ 25.2 mpg
Previous 13G: Mavs 6-7 THJ 34.5 mpg

Kidd is at least doing something right with playing him less.

He played 23 minutes against the Pacers last game. With Exum back tomorrow, ideally it continues downward and he’s under 20 mpg the rest of the way.

I want THJ to be happy...I really do. 

Mavs need to cut losses, eat the L you get if you don like the return and get this guy to a team he can chuck on.   The guy needs a Washington/Kuzma or Grant/Detroit situation.

Get him to a team where he can pretend to be 1st or 2nd banjo and it not really hurt that particular team.

I wont eat crow on THJ either.   I have made posts before that he can go 100% from 3 for the remainder of the year, score 45 a game in the playoffs, hit the game winning 3 in every elimination playoff game...Im not a fan of his on court behavior.

Its beyond pathetic.   A lot of posters justifiably complain on this board about him with a lot of bad excuses defending him from a few posters.  Just get him to a team he can be happy on and eat the loss.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - ThisIStheYear - 02-28-2024

(02-25-2024, 11:24 AM)The Jom Wrote: https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2710569/

Followill says Kyrie is 50/40/90 since joining Mavs.

It’s amazing that Kidd can waste that plus Luka at the same time.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - SleepingHero - 02-28-2024

Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Mavs players averaging the most second-half minutes per game since the All-Star break:

Luka Doncic: 19.2
P.J. Washington: 18.2
Kyrie Irving: 18.0
Josh Green: 15.3
Maxi Kleber: 13.8
Tim Hardaway Jr: 13.2
Dereck Lively II: 6.5
Derrick Jones Jr.: 6.4
Daniel Gafford: 5.0

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - loki - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 12:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Mavs players averaging the most second-half minutes per game since the All-Star break:

PJ needs to be living in the gym until he can hit a corner 3 so they can play him with a center.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - KillerLeft - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 12:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)

That’s about right. Ideally, Lively would go up and Gafford down.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - Chicagojk - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 07:18 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: That’s about right. Ideally, Lively would go up and Gafford down.

It is tough to make much of Gafford's 7 minutes last night.   He hasn't been strong the last few games.  I personally don't like the lineups when he has been on the floor mostly.   I will say what I said previously though.  Nico made a colossal mistake at the trade deadline if Lively and Gafford can't or don't play near 40 minutes a night total.  This team made a pretty big decision on how they would like to play.   I am fine with Maxi at some closing lineups, but I hope the team doesn't fall in love with it.  Lets also remember Maxi really can't handle long minutes either...per past experience.   

Maxi hasn't really been strong at PF either.  So maybe I am wrong there.  I just think for their vision to work Maxi needs to be a backup 4 and Lively and Gafford need to man most of the center minutes....with exceptions to ride the hot hand or against certain matchups.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Exum practiced, plan is hopefully play vs. CLE - KillerLeft - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 08:17 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I will say what I said previously though.  Nico made a colossal mistake at the trade deadline if Lively and Gafford can't or don't play near 40 minutes a night total.  This team made a pretty big decision on how they would like to play.   I am fine with Maxi at some closing lineups, but I hope the team doesn't fall in love with it.  Lets also remember Maxi really can't handle long minutes either...per past experience.   

Kleber is absolutely the best option to close games, imo. 

I agree with your statement about Nico’s mistake at the deadline if they don’t play, but I’d also say that Kidd is making a huge mistake if he doesn’t go with Kleber most nights. 

This is why I didn’t like that trade, not because I didn’t like Gafford, but because he’s a backup center and they don’t play very much when games matter.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs Practice Tues and Wednesday - HoosierDaddyKid - 02-28-2024

(02-23-2024, 05:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @NBAW0RLD24
Mavs since the trade deadline:

— 5-0 record
— 1st in defense
— 8th in offense
— 2nd in Net Rating
— Averaging margin of victory by 18 PTS

They cannot be stopped right now.

That stuff changes in the blink of an eye.  In fact, it already has.