MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - DallasMaverick - 02-17-2024

(02-17-2024, 07:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Allstar weekend needs a HORSE competition...

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1758903261107474901

https://twitter.com/ParlonsNBA/status/1758981035809710098

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1758903480264073395

Ah!

So, at least one person is watching the all-star weekend thingy.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - SleepingHero - 02-18-2024

Another great video breakdown from Grant Afseth.

[Image: ompz9pp9lzic1.png?width=612&auto=webp&s=...639999024a]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - KillerLeft - 02-18-2024

(02-18-2024, 01:58 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Another great video breakdown from Grant Afseth.

Kleber is such a rare and amazing player to have in the rotation. It’s a shame that some fans are so quick to get down on him. I wish he was available more consistently, sure, but he’s a difference maker when he’s out there.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - BigDirk41 - 02-18-2024

(02-18-2024, 08:52 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Kleber is such a rare and amazing player to have in the rotation. It’s a shame that some fans are so quick to get down on him. I wish he was available more consistently, sure, but he’s a difference maker when he’s out there.

He didn't look like he had anything left for a while, but he's definitely rounded back into form and looks as good as ever. If he can stay healthy, he's a game changer. I think most people were frustrated with the season overall until Kyrie returned and the trades happened. Now the fans and the team seem reenergized. We just wanted a good product to cheer for. Now we have one. Hopefully they can stay healthy and make a run. This is the most talented, versatile and deep team Luka has had. That doesn't mean they'll reach the WCF or finals, but they have the potential and that's all anyone can ask for.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - HoosierDaddyKidd - 02-18-2024

(02-17-2024, 11:56 AM)youzigizag Wrote: Does anyone have the 411 on this garment Jalen is wearing?

I find it odd that Draymond wears the same one frequently...same colors and everything.

Is this some signature that they are united but from a different Galaxy?  Its their signature or something?

It stands out as ugly for a reason.  The white zipper...is the cheapest zipper you can buy.   Look at those fat, large, spread out teeth on that zipper.   Just ugh.  

I dont understand why two wealthy guys would be wearing that thing.  Something is up with that thing.

Those are the Pacers colors. He did play for them.

\

Not sure anyone knows about Slightly Biased. He's a relative newcomer to the Mavs Coverage Universe (MCU for short). But he makes some really funny and entertaining discussion videos. Great watch from time to time.

[Image: 1759348716744400953.jpg?ex=65e4fed0&is=6...height=676][Image: 1759348716744400953.jpg?ex=65e4fed0&is=6...height=676]

Luka pulling up to the All Star game.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - Scott41theMavs - 02-18-2024

(02-18-2024, 05:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: 1759348716744400953.jpg?ex=65e4fed0&is=6...height=676][Image: 1759348716744400953.jpg?ex=65e4fed0&is=6...height=676]

Luka pulling up to the All Star game.

His suit probably costs more than most people's houses.

https://x.com/NBA/status/1759421891230543879?s=20

I think the Luka+Jokic pairing would break the NBA lol!

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - youzigizag - 02-19-2024

(02-18-2024, 11:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://x.com/NBA/status/1759421891230543879?s=20

I think the Luka+Jokic pairing would break the NBA lol!

It would start wars on the floor if they dominated because of the racial optics and pride.

Luckily...this wont happen(most likely) until both are old farts that cant move well and have no defense at all...meaning they wont dominate.

There would be pressure to take a physical advantage over them that would ultimately get out of hand and unsportsman-like.

Lets just hope it doesnt happen.   The players already throw bows masked as bball moves now-a-days, defenders trying to turn a players ankle by hoping a shooter lands on the defenders foot.   Luka and Jokic would be the new Dwight Powell's...constantly getting hit in the face "accidentally".

Seems like Basketball has a good thing going....Silver would be smart to do a Chris Paul/Kobe Bryant veto if these two tried to team up in their primes.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - Chicagojk - 02-19-2024

I will be watching closely how the new look team does over the next 20 games. Which areas do they continue to grow? How do they respond with failure? Etc.

The game against PHX should be real interesting. Dallas got beat pretty good by PHX in one of Dallas' low points in the season. Dallas beat PHX in PHX during one of their low points in the season. Both teams are playing well now.

I will be interested to see the chess moves. Luka tends to play guys like Nurkic off the floor. Will that happen? If it does, what happens when PHX goes smaller? Can Dallas bigs stay on the floor and make an impact on the boards? Or will PHX spread them out and make dallas go small?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - ThisIStheYear - 02-19-2024

I need a real game bad to get the taste of that putrid all star game out of my mouth. Worst sporting event in history. Luka needs a huge game coming out of that debacle, which did him no favors, after having a good lead in to the game.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - youzigizag - 02-19-2024

(02-19-2024, 11:42 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I will be watching closely how the new look team does over the next 20 games.  Which areas do they continue to grow?  How do they respond with failure?  Etc.

The game against PHX should be real interesting.  Dallas got beat pretty good by PHX in one of Dallas' low points in the season.  Dallas beat PHX in PHX during one of their low points in the season.  Both teams are playing well now. 

I will be interested to see the chess moves.  Luka tends to play guys like Nurkic off the floor.  Will that happen?  If it does, what happens when PHX goes smaller?  Can Dallas bigs stay on the floor and make an impact on the boards?  Or will PHX spread them out and make dallas go small?

What are your requirements for measuring the team?

What if our 10-man Playoff roster is healthy but Kidd only plays our best lineup for 3 or 4 minutes?  And we lose?  Or, what if our roster is healthy and Kidd plays lineups opposite of what a sane coach would do in a playoff atmosphere?  And we lose?   What if our roster is healthy and THJ takes 17 shots with 19 seconds left on the shot clock?  And we lose?   What if our roster is healthy and it looks like Kidd allowed Luka and Irving to play rec ball with no organization?  And we lose?

Its just really rare that we play another healthy good team while we are healthy and the coaches are making reasonable substitutions during regular season.   Its hard to measure .

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - DallasMaverick - 02-19-2024

(02-19-2024, 12:00 PM)youzigizag Wrote: What are your requirements for measuring the team?

What if our 10-man Playoff roster is healthy but Kidd only plays our best lineup for 3 or 4 minutes?  And we lose?  Or, what if our roster is healthy and Kidd plays lineups opposite of what a sane coach would do in a playoff atmosphere?  And we lose?   What if our roster is healthy and THJ takes 17 shots with 19 seconds left on the shot clock?  And we lose?   What if our roster is healthy and it looks like Kidd allowed Luka and Irving to play rec ball with no organization?  And we lose?

Its just really rare that we play another healthy good team while we are healthy and the coaches are making reasonable substitutions during regular season.   Its hard to measure .

I just hope Kidd can return to the greatness he showed here:

https://youtu.be/ekU6-AMcU6M?feature=shared

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - HoosierDaddyKid - 02-19-2024

(02-19-2024, 12:00 PM)Ctyouzigizag Wrote: What are your requirements for measuring the team?

Correct. Dallas recently beat NY and Philly on the road and who are really banged up with injuries. I want to see them play at full strength.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - SleepingHero - 02-19-2024

(02-19-2024, 11:42 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I will be watching closely how the new look team does over the next 20 games.  Which areas do they continue to grow?  How do they respond with failure?  Etc.

The game against PHX should be real interesting.  Dallas got beat pretty good by PHX in one of Dallas' low points in the season.  Dallas beat PHX in PHX during one of their low points in the season.  Both teams are playing well now. 

I will be interested to see the chess moves.  Luka tends to play guys like Nurkic off the floor.  Will that happen?  If it does, what happens when PHX goes smaller?  Can Dallas bigs stay on the floor and make an impact on the boards?  Or will PHX spread them out and make dallas go small?

I am going to also be watching a very close eye on Luka and how seriously he takes the last stretch of the season. He's currently in Croatia now for at most a 2 day vacation. Will he be prepared for the Suns? Will he come out sluggish? 

How about Kyrie? Will he need time to re-ramp? Will PJ and Gafford look more acclimated? Will Exum come back and seamlessly fit in?

Lots of questions for this team in the 2nd half. Last year they fell flat on their faces. I hope this year is different and Luka is ready to take that next step because the PHX game is huge for standings.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - F Gump - 02-19-2024

Mavs have practices planned this week in the days prior to the game on Thursday. Hopefully they can get PJW and DG more familiar with their systems.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - MrGoat - 02-20-2024

You probably don't want to be the team that plays Dallas or Denver after All Star break considering the way Luka and Jokic took the All Star game off.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka wins Player of the Week! - omahen - 02-20-2024

(02-19-2024, 04:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I am going to also be watching a very close eye on Luka and how seriously he takes the last stretch of the season. He's currently in Croatia now for at most a 2 day vacation. Will he be prepared for the Suns? Will he come out sluggish? 

How about Kyrie? Will he need time to re-ramp? Will PJ and Gafford look more acclimated? Will Exum come back and seamlessly fit in?

Lots of questions for this team in the 2nd half. Last year they fell flat on their faces. I hope this year is different and Luka is ready to take that next step because the PHX game is huge for standings.

It seems he is not really in Croatia, as he was just spotted in Cabo (with Kidd). Looks like Croatia part was a joke.

Šaljivec Dončić spet draži svoje sledilce, tokrat s pozdravi iz Punata na Krku - siol.net