MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - SleepingHero - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 03:29 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think your math is a bit off.

50 win pace! Still good lmfao

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - Mavs2021 - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 03:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: 50 win pace! Still good lmfao

Yeah only problem is at their current availability pace you also need 4 1/2 years to get to those 82 games. Cry Big Grin

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - SleepingHero - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 03:38 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah only problem is at their current availability pace you also need 4 1/2 years to get to those 82 games. Cry Big Grin

[Image: friends-american-sitcom.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - Chicagojk - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 03:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka is a BIG Lively fan wow.

Mavs are 11-7 with Luka/Kyrie/Lively playing. Thats a 56 win pace!

I don't think Lively is a big 3 yet, but his performance so far has shown he has a real good chance to get there.  Maybe much sooner than we all hoped.    I think he has a chance to be a good #4 for a contender next year.   Mavs have a lot of guys who are 5-8 rotation players...although I am not sure all fit on our team as a contender.   So that leaves that #3 player.    It will be a tricky fit.  That player best skill ideally cannot be scoring.    But a guy who can score when needed but can impact games while going up against the top wings in the league.   Add that player, continue to develop internally, and make those smart fringe signings and we may have something.  At least for those 45 games Kyrie plays Smile

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - Radical Mavs - 01-29-2024

Luka Doncic Is EXPOSING The NBA Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foArTN66OYk&ab_channel=HoopKingdom

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - KillerLeft - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 04:20 PM)Radical Mavs Wrote: Luka Doncic Is EXPOSING The NBA Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foArTN66OYk&ab_channel=HoopKingdom

Is this your video?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - KillerLeft - 01-29-2024

Cuban did a Twitter question and answer today. In answer to one question, he said the Mavs' "best lineup" had only 100 minutes together this season. Can one of you stats guys check the lineup minutes and zero in on which lineup he's talking about? I'm curious as to whether it's really their "best" lineup.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - Radical Mavs - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 04:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is this your video?

no. just one of many i found today

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - Chicagojk - 01-29-2024

What is everyone's thoughts on Maxi best position for this team? I think it is PF. I would like to see him get some run with Dwight if he is healthy and productive. Maxi had some great moments as a 5, but I don't think our current team is set up for that. I think DFS made that lineup work. He was near a 40% three point shooter and could use his quickness to not allow teams to put centers on him. I think if we would put Maxi at 5, teams will put their center on Grant. We will see if Grant can look pretty mobile as he did last game. Jones Jr is someone teams don't think they need to guard either. If it if is neither one of those at the 4, than we get even smaller. Hardaway at the 4...barf....and we get killed on the glass.

So I think I like him at the 4 playing with another center. We will see if he can stay healthy and what position and matchups Kidd plays him at. I wonder what a lineup of Dwight, Maxi, Josh, Exum and either Kyrie/Luka looks like. Dwight, Maxi and Josh are close friends. Josh and Exum played together on the national team. Might be a good pairing to give Luka extended rest. Outside shooting could be a concern.

(01-29-2024, 04:33 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: What is everyone's thoughts on Maxi best position for this team?  I think it is PF.  I would like to see him get some run with Dwight if he is healthy and productive.    Maxi had some great moments as a 5, but I don't think our current team is set up for that.  I think DFS made that lineup work.  He was near a 40% three point shooter and could use his quickness to not allow teams to put centers on him.  I think if we would put Maxi at 5, teams will put their center on Grant.  We will see if Grant can look pretty mobile as he did last game.  Jones Jr is someone teams don't think they need to guard either.  If it if is neither one of those at the 4, than we get even smaller.  Hardaway at the 4...barf....and we get killed on the glass.

So I think I like him at the 4 playing with another center.  We will see if he can stay healthy and what position and matchups Kidd plays him at.  I wonder what a lineup of Dwight, Maxi, Josh, Exum and either Kyrie/Luka looks like.    Dwight, Maxi and Josh are close friends.  Josh and Exum played together on the national team.  Might be a good pairing to give Luka extended rest.  Outside shooting could be a concern.

My thoughts on this have been on file with the home office for years. 

Tough to tell what Kidd thinks, since Kleber and Powell haven't had much availability overlap this season. All we can reasonably glean is that when Powell is unavailable, Kidd thinks Kleber is the best option at backup center, and I certainly agree with that. 

I'd be in favor of trying some lineups with Powell and Kleber, sure. I'm sure we'll see them if/when everyone gets healthy. I'm frankly much more worried about finding a way to make Grant Williams' minutes work at this point (if he's staying past the deadline). In theory, BOTH Williams AND Kleber should be able to punish opposing centers on offense. Both have to be playing well and in rhythm to do that, however.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - Smitty - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 04:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Cuban did a Twitter question and answer today. In answer to one question, he said the Mavs' "best lineup" had only 100 minutes together this season. Can one of you stats guys check the lineup minutes and zero in on which lineup he's talking about? I'm curious as to whether it's really their "best" lineup.

The Mavs don’t have one single 5-man lineup that’s played 100+ minutes. Their “best” lineup has played 26 minutes and it includes surrounding Luka and Kai with your 3 best defenders - Exum, DJJ, Lively

ORTG 146.4 | DRTG 85.5 | NET 61.0

The top (minutes) lineups for each team:

OKC top LU - 509 min
MIN top LU - 429 min
LAC top LU - 332 min
DEN top LU - 593 min
DAL top LU - 99 min

(01-29-2024, 05:26 PM)Smitty Wrote: The Mavs don’t have one single 5-man lineup that’s played 100+ minutes. Their “best” lineup has played 26 minutes and it includes surrounding Luka and Kai with your 3 best defenders - Exum, DJJ, Lively

ORTG 146.4 | DRTG 85.5 | NET 61.0

The top (minutes) lineups for each team:

OKC top LU - 509 min
MIN top LU - 429 min
LAC top LU - 332 min
DEN top LU - 593 min
DAL top LU - 99 min

Thanks. He was pretty specific with the "100 minutes" so my read (could be wrong) is that he thinks that 99 minute lineup is the one he expects. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, IDK. That's the lineup they started the season with, right?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - Smitty - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 05:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Thanks. He was pretty specific with the "100 minutes" so my read (could be wrong) is that he thinks that 99 minute lineup is the one he expects. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, IDK. That's the lineup they started the season with, right?

I believe his quote was that our best lineups haven’t even played 100 minutes together. Not specifically that we don’t have a single lineup that’s played 100+ minutes. It was definitely tied to injures and the lack of playing time together, especially when you see the top teams in the west have 5-man lineups that have played 500-600 minutes this year.

(01-29-2024, 05:36 PM)Smitty Wrote: I believe his quote was that our best lineups haven’t even played 100 minutes together. Not specifically that we don’t have a single lineup that’s played 100+ minutes. It was definitely tied to injures and the lack of playing time together, especially when you see the top teams in the west have 5-man lineups that have played 500-600 minutes this year.

You're right. I just went and found the tweet again. I totally whiffed the first time, sorry.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - mvossman - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 05:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Thanks. He was pretty specific with the "100 minutes" so my read (could be wrong) is that he thinks that 99 minute lineup is the one he expects. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, IDK. That's the lineup they started the season with, right?

I believe he is still aiming to stick with the starting lineup he announced when somebody came back, but one of the other 4 got injured before that happened.  I believe it was the one Smitty mentioned: Lively/Luka/DJJ/Exum/Kyrie.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - omahen - 01-29-2024

Exum and DJJ out, so Luka is again the only PG Sad

(01-29-2024, 07:00 PM)omahen Wrote: Exum and DJJ out, so Luka is again the only PG Sad

Ugh that sucks.  A big concern with him due to past history.

Mavs better come out shooting hot.  Orlando starting a huge lineup.  Could get ugly if Mavs can’t his their shots.  Hardaway starting too.  Who comes off the bench tonight and gives positive minutes?  Will be important.  Need to find ways to give Luka rest.  Just feels like Mavs get bullied tonight…especially when they go small

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - SleepingHero - 01-30-2024

It actually is insane the Mavs are 6 games above .500 with not a single lineup over 100 minutes at almost the 50 game mark.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - SleepingHero - 01-30-2024

MavsMuse (@MavsMuse)
Every player in NBA history with multiple 45 PTS & 15 AST games:

— Luka Dončić (since Christmas)
— Nobody else ever.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Irving Sprains Right Thumb| Luka Makes History - omahen - 01-30-2024

I just hope Lively won't miss (much) time because of broken nose