MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - ballsrchr - 01-14-2024

(01-11-2024, 06:16 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: 7-15 guys plus a '27 1st (swaps if the player is that good) should be our offer for the "missing PF". 

After the MEM game, Josh needs a fresh place. He was frustrated and punched a chair several times after being subbed out.

Tim should be replaced as well for a 6th man that can create for himself (see Clarkson).

Curry is unplayably bad. He is done in the league, glad that it's a team option for next year.

Grant is out of shape and out of place. Should be a filler for a bigger salary.

Hardy is the one I hold most hope and would like to keep, but has to get more burn, Kidd playing Curry (done) is not helping his development. 

Doncic/Exum
Irving/Hardy
DJJ
PF/Kleber
Lively/Powell

I'm kind of on board with this.  The bottom list also emphasizes the lack of quality wings. 

DJJ is ok as a first, or second, option in his position--depending on who else you can get.

There needs to be room for Omax somewhere in there...for a little longer.

Kleber is fine as a second--or even third option--also dependent on other options--but we need his replacement in the wings.

Powell would make a great third option.

Sprinkle a few rookies, or young players in there, and you've got a team.

Get rid of the deadwood.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Chicagojk - 01-15-2024

So Derrick Jones and Luka are both doubtful for today. Most of the injuries are legit injuries and they appear just bad luck. But the length of some can we begin to question our new training staff? Probably not fair with the limited info we have but the team has been a mash unit for the past two months.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - SleepingHero - 01-15-2024

(01-15-2024, 09:08 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: So Derrick Jones and Luka are both doubtful for today.  Most of the injuries are legit injuries and they appear just bad luck.  But the length of some can we begin to question our new training staff?  Probably not fair with the limited info we have but the team has been a mash unit for the past two months.

I don't think the training staff actually changed, just Casey Smith went from being on the bench to being more in the front office.

His contract expires at the end of this season.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - SleepingHero - 01-16-2024

@iztok_franko)
We're currently witnessing Kyrie Irving play some of the best basketball of his career.

He's averaging 37.4 points per game over his last 5 games.

This is only the 3rd time he's achieved such a feat in his 13-year NBA career. Special run!

[Image: 1747224428667101234.jpg?ex=65b929f1&is=6...eight=1016]

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - HoosierDaddyKidd - 01-16-2024

(01-16-2024, 12:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @iztok_franko)
We're currently witnessing Kyrie Irving play some of the best basketball of his career.

He's averaging 37.4 points per game over his last 5 games.

This is only the 3rd time he's achieved such a feat in his 13-year NBA career. Special run!

[Image: 1747224428667101234.jpg?ex=65b929f1&is=6...eight=1016]

Now if he can just stay healthy. Him and Luka always get nagging injuries. Those guys are really their only dependable players, aside from THJ every now and then.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Scott41theMavs - 01-16-2024

(01-16-2024, 12:52 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Now if he can just stay healthy. Him and Luka always get nagging injuries. Those guys are really their only dependable players, aside from THJ every now and then.

Lively and Exum hate detected.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Chicagojk - 01-17-2024

So I think a lot of us has been looking trades to include Hardaway in since he signed his extension. My question is, what happens if we keep Hardaway? Sure, Hardaway drives me crazy and is a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.....especially after we add more talent to the 3/4 position. But he has been good this year and has provided a scoring spark off the bench this team has needed. Even with his defensive issues outside of charges, Kidd seems to trust him at end of the game moments. How much value does Hardaway have in a trade? I guess it depends on the team, but is he more of just an expiring contract after next season? So does Dallas explore multiple first, Holmes and lets say Maxi (2 years left) this summer and try to keep Hardaway? If they think they are ready to compete next year, maybe they think they would like to keep Tim in a Jet jr type of role.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Winter - 01-17-2024

The question we don't really know is what team really wants THjr? We always talk THj like he's a walking contract to be used as currency, but some team out there could really want him. Dan has mentioned Orlando as a place that needs a better perimeter shooter, and the question has been asked can you make a legitimate trade for Wendell Carter - who has the skill at 4-spot we need.

It's a tough call for me. Maybe if you could massage the contract with Holmes and another player - and in the process free enough cap room to re-sign DJJ... then it looks better.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - omahen - 01-17-2024

(01-17-2024, 09:16 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: So I think a lot of us has been looking trades to include Hardaway in since he signed his extension.  My question is, what happens if we keep Hardaway?  Sure, Hardaway drives me crazy and is a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.....especially after we add more talent to the 3/4 position.  But he has been good this year and has provided a scoring spark off the bench this team has needed.  Even with his defensive issues outside of charges, Kidd seems to trust him at end of the game moments.  How much value does Hardaway have in a trade?  I guess it depends on the team, but is he more of just an expiring contract after next season?  So does Dallas explore multiple first, Holmes and lets say Maxi (2 years left) this summer and try to keep Hardaway?  If they think they are ready to compete next year, maybe they think they would like to keep Tim in a Jet jr type of role.

I think his value was never higher. I maintain the position to sell high while we can. I just don't see a contender level team with Kyrie-Luka-THJ. Never enough defense. He is good this season scoring a lot when either of the stars are out. But once it gets real, stars will have to be here for Mavs to have any chance and his minutes and role will change with way more need to add defense next to them. 

That NY idea is really intriguing, especially if they are willing to add a pick. Basically perfect for us. Fournier used to be a very similar player to THJ, so perhaps there still is something there (if not, Mavs will still be fine, imho). His contract has team option, which gives Mavs great flexibility for summer. Grimes has another year on his deal and is basically a cheap player to test drive for a year.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - SleepingHero - 01-17-2024

https://x.com/971thefreak/status/1747620166450495525?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

(@971TheFreak)
This moment….. ❤️

Mark Cuban, did something not many can do…. Leave Skin Speechless.

Listen to the Full interview on our podcast: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1248-the-ben-and-skin-show-57481902/

#work #entrepreneur #changinglives #give #mavericks

Nice moment from Cubes. Good for Skin

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - ItsGoTime - 01-17-2024

(01-17-2024, 11:59 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://x.com/971thefreak/status/1747620166450495525?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

(@971TheFreak)
This moment….. ❤️

Listen to the Full interview on our podcast: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1248-the-ben-and-skin-show-57481902/

Well, I guess that means infinitely more Mavs homer takes.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 01-17-2024

(01-17-2024, 11:59 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://x.com/971thefreak/status/1747620166450495525?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

(@971TheFreak)
This moment….. ❤️

Right on. Have always liked Skin. And Followill.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Chicagojk - 01-18-2024

Omax with 17 and 10 last night in a win. It is the G-league so take that into consideration, but some nice plays. I particularly liked the bully ball highlight at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMPG7ZO7qoY

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - SleepingHero - 01-18-2024

(01-18-2024, 10:09 AM)TChicagojk Wrote: Omax with 17 and 10 last night in a win.  It is the G-league so take that into consideration, but some nice plays.  I particularly liked the bully ball highlight at the beginning. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMPG7ZO7qoY

Thank you for continually posting OMax highlights.

Im failing to understand why the Mavs aren't giving him more burn in the big leagues.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Chicagojk - 01-18-2024

I am curious if we will see Holmes on the floor again as a Mav? His best two games were against that Lakers team from last night. With our frontcourt getting healthy (crosses fingers) he looks like the 15th man to Kidd. Even last night he did not get mop up duty. AT this point, I think Kidd even prefers Morris to him.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Nowitzki Way - 01-18-2024

(01-18-2024, 10:43 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am curious if we will see Holmes on the floor again as a Mav?  His best two games were against that Lakers team from last night.  With our frontcourt getting healthy (crosses fingers) he looks like the 15th man to Kidd.  Even last night he did not get mop up duty.    AT this point, I think Kidd even prefers Morris to him.

I think we've seen the last of Holmes.  He is firmly in Kidd's doghouse.

I'm just afraid we'll have to attach an asset to get rid of him.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - KillerLeft - 01-18-2024

(01-18-2024, 11:04 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: I think we've seen the last of Holmes.  He is firmly in Kidd's doghouse.

I'm just afraid we'll have to attach an asset to get rid of him.

The good news is that he’s expiring next year, and THAT will have some value. So, I wouldn’t be too focused on dumping him if I were them. 

I mean, I guess carving out money for DJJ is a concern, but even that probably doesn’t justify attaching assets just to move Holmes in my book.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Nowitzki Way - 01-18-2024

(01-18-2024, 11:09 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: The good news is that he’s expiring next year, and THAT will have some value. So, I wouldn’t be too focused on dumping him if I were them. 

I mean, I guess carving out money for DJJ is a concern, but even that probably doesn’t justify attaching assets just to move Holmes in my book.

True. I think the smart move is to hold on to him until next season when we can use him as an expiring. 

Speaking of DJJ. I'm becoming less and less excited to make moves to clear space for him. I'd be ok with having him back, but if its me i'm not moving mountains for him.

RE: MAVS NEWS: GW out of shape | Holmes unhappy w/role - Scott41theMavs - 01-18-2024

(01-18-2024, 11:11 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: True. I think the smart move is to hold on to him until next season when we can use him as an expiring. 

Speaking of DJJ. I'm becoming less and less excited to make moves to clear space for him. I'd be ok with having him back, but if its me i'm not moving mountains for him.

With his play recently, he's an 8th or 9th man for the Mavs. He was way higher in my pecking order just a week or two ago.

(01-18-2024, 11:18 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: With his play recently, he's an 8th or 9th man for the Mavs. He was way higher in my pecking order just a week or two ago.

He started off the season looking good, especially his outside shot. I love the athleticism and highlight dunks. 

But like you said, he's an 8th or 9th guy on a playoff team. He could even start, but he's no difference maker. 

When it comes to giving him MLE type money, i'm sure others have numbers to show that 8th or 9th guys are worth that. But im not losing any sleep on the potential of losing out on DJJ.