MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - DallasMaverick - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 01:32 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Although it was an awesome performance by the Mavericks, I don't think the starting lineup will change based upon this one game. 

Substituting Exum for Grant Williams in the starting lineup makes us even smaller.  It also kills our spacing.  I think Exum works bell as the third ball handler behind Luka and Kyrie.  He has been a good find and I think is a useful rotation player.  He isn't a starter though. 

It's nice to have a guy who's 6'5 on the bench though who plays defense, run the offense and pressures the rim.

A definite upgrade over Frankie Smokes, at the same price.

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - SleepingHero - 12-08-2023

Brad Townsend (@townbrad)
Grant Williams was not in the arena during the portion of shootaround open to reporters. Unclear whether he remained in Dallas for treatment/rehab or is here in Portland.

Mavs travel from Portland to Memphis tomorrow, even though they don’t play the Grizzlies until Monday.

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - SleepingHero - 12-08-2023

NBA Official (@NBAOfficial)
Luka Doncic’s (DAL) technical foul at 3:30 of the 3rd qtr on 12/6/23 has been rescinded upon league office review.

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - KillerLeft - 12-08-2023

Here’s an official lineup release (by a team for the media, but copied off of what the coaches submit, I’m sure) that lists Luka as a PG. you know, because that’s the position he plays. Just saying.

https://x.com/mfollowill/status/1733317394754662485?s=61&t=Zmns3TEXDYnIJIXeN05-eQ

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - SleepingHero - 12-09-2023

THJ said that Kyrie was in good spirits and was waiting for them by the door in the locker room.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - ThisIStheYear - 12-09-2023

Let’s face it. The Australians knew Exum was better on the national team. It’s obvious seeing them on the Mavs. He needs to start. Hopefully Kyrie gets back and we can have a three PG offense but with some length and defense.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - IamDougieFresh - 12-09-2023

As far as I'm concerned, the Dwight Stans are at the very least complicit in the murder of Kyrie Irving if not directly responsible.

The good news is that Hardy's breakout is imminent if Mr. Midd doesn't mess it up.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - Mavs2021 - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 03:40 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: As far as I'm concerned, the Dwight Stans are at the very least complicit in the murder of Kyrie Irving if not directly responsible.

Big Grin 

Let´s be honest it´s in his job description to try harder and be more reckless than others. That´s how he earns a living.

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - surfpuckmd - 12-09-2023

(12-07-2023, 01:32 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Although it was an awesome performance by the Mavericks, I don't think the starting lineup will change based upon this one game. 

Substituting Exum for Grant Williams in the starting lineup makes us even smaller.  It also kills our spacing.  I think Exum works bell as the third ball handler behind Luka and Kyrie.  He has been a good find and I think is a useful rotation player.  He isn't a starter though. 

It's nice to have a guy who's 6'5 on the bench though who plays defense, run the offense and pressures the rim.

Couldn't disagree any more with this post.  Do you even watch basketball?  Exum provides size, defense, offensive versatility and as an extra bonus...rebounding.

He is our fifth starter.  

Seriously, he's looking pretty good and has clearly outplayed both Hardy and Green (and Curry).  He's a 25-30 mpg player regardless of whether he starts or not  Signing him to the contract we did this summer was a winning move.  This last offseason really changed our teams future for the better.

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - KillerLeft - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 11:11 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Couldn't disagree any more with this post.  Do you even watch basketball?  Exum provides size, defense, offensive versatility and as an extra bonus...rebounding.

He is our fifth starter.  

Seriously, he's looking pretty good and has clearly outplayed both Hardy and Green (and Curry).  He's a 25-30 mpg player regardless of whether he starts or not  Signing him to the contract we did this summer was a winning move.  This last offseason really changed our teams future for the better.

1) Nevermind about #1, I'm stupid.

2) I agree with all the positives you and everyone else list about Exum...his shooting worries me. That's going to hurt in the playoffs if he still doesn't have to be guarded tightly, I think. At that point, you reeaaaaaaly can't have someone out there who defenders can sag off of.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - KillerLeft - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 03:40 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
The good news is that Hardy's breakout is imminent if Mr. Midd doesn't mess it up.

I hope you're right. He has looked TERRIBLE all season. Would be a nice shot in the arm for the team if he got back on track.

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - surfpuckmd - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 11:16 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: 1) Let's try not to be so cutting with our wording. The emboldened part is a little on the harsh side, I think. Don't you? I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, just saying. 

2) I agree with all the positives you and everyone else list about Exum...his shooting worries me. That's going to hurt in the playoffs if he still doesn't have to be guarded tightly, I think. At that point, you reeaaaaaaly can't have someone out there who defenders can sag off of.

It's a joke.  I was responding to my own recent post.

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - KillerLeft - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 11:45 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: It's a joke.  I was responding to my own recent post.

Holy Hell, I completely missed that. Carry on, friend...

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - ItsGoTime - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 11:45 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: It's a joke.  I was responding to my own recent post.
Oh man, that’s pretty good. In my head I was reacting like KL thinking, uh oh, here comes another chippy argument we need to watch out for. Ya got me too!

RE: MAVS NEWS: KP speaks on why his time in Dallas didn't work| Green out 2wks - SleepingHero - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 11:11 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Couldn't disagree any more with this post.  Do you even watch basketball?  Exum provides size, defense, offensive versatility and as an extra bonus...rebounding.

He is our fifth starter.  

The duality of man.

Soon all will see Exum's true power. BE PREPARED!

Kevin Gray Jr.
@KevinGraySports
Source I spoke to today regarding Mavericks G Kyrie Irving who left last night with a right foot injury said it “sounds better than could’ve been.”

NO specifics were offered, but it appears Mavs have avoided disaster for the moment as Irving continues to be evaluated #MFFL

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - SleepingHero - 12-09-2023

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - RoyTarpleysGhost - 12-09-2023

Kyrie injury will be as mysterious as Ohtani free agency

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - KillerLeft - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 02:52 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Ohtani free agency

What's going on with that?

EDIT: Oh, I see. The Blue Jays???? Interesting.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kyrie has right foot injury| Green out 2wks - Jmaciscool - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 02:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What's going on with that?

EDIT: Oh, I see. The Blue Jays???? Interesting.

Dodgers ended up signing him

(12-09-2023, 12:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Holy Hell, I completely missed that. Carry on, friend...

I appreciate you having my back.