MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd calls out Mavs - omahen - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 12:23 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote:  Would you take Gilgeous-Alexander, Chet Holmgren, and all of OKC's stockpile of first-round picks for Luka?

Probably. But, I am trying to speak about realistic offers here. Why would OKC do that? They can't win with remaining team, Luka and no assets left in this hypothetic scenario. Luka walks in two seasons for a better team. Makes no sense. OKC hope is that Shai can lead a team to a title.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd calls out Mavs - Scott41theMavs - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 12:39 PM)omahen Wrote: Probably. But, I am trying to speak about realistic offers here. Why would OKC do that? They can't win with remaining team, Luka and no assets left in this hypothetic scenario. Luka walks in two seasons for a better team. Makes no sense. OKC hope is that Shai can lead a team to a title.

Correct, but I have to credit DM with coming up with the first scenario I've ever heard of where the answer to "trade Luka?" would be yes.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - KillerLeft - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 12:24 PM)omahen Wrote: I don't agree that is the attitude. People are talking about selling high, not dumping him. I don't think anyone is saying THJ is not a good player. But, he is redundant to what Mavs have and need.

I think what you’re describing is YOUR attitude, which is reasonable and valuable. But, with respect, if you’re not seeing the persistent THJ hate, you’re not reading very carefully.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - The Jom - 11-23-2023

I like Tim. He’s been great this year. I’m ok with holding onto him till he expires. But if you’re ever gonna trade him, this next little bit might be the time. He looks more valuable than an expiring contract to me. Give him two months and he very well may not.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd calls out Mavs - DanSchwartzgan - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 12:15 PM)omahen Wrote: It is true that it will be easier to move his expiring deal. But the idea discussed here is - would it make sense to cash in for THJ for a similar size (and duration) contract and assets(s). For eaxample Orlando and Isaac. Mavs would still have expiring contract to deal in the summer and another pick in the chest. I don't think they would be any worse dealing THJ even as good as he was so far. Even if they lose a couple of games because of that, so what. It’s about long term, not about having a couple of more wins this season.

Are we thinking Orlando would give up draft capital in a THJ for Isaac deal?  I’m not sure fans in Orlando would agree.  Isaac’s D has been incredible and he has the more flexible contract.  Yeah, he’s got an injury history and yes Orlando could use THJ’s shooting.  But, we could also use what Isaac brings to the table.  I’m not positive we’d be receiving Isaac and a pick of some kind.  I think it would be a pretty good deal straight up.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - mvossman - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 01:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think what you’re describing is YOUR attitude, which is reasonable and valuable. But, with respect, if you’re not seeing the persistent THJ hate, you’re not reading very carefully.

He might be missing the Timmy hate because its being drowned by Powell hate (and to a lesser extent Green hate).  For a team with a 10-5 start, there is a lot of player hate on this board.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - DallasMaverick - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 03:47 PM)mvossman Wrote: He might be missing the Timmy hate because its being drowned by Powell hate (and to a lesser extent Green hate).  For a team with a 10-5 start, there is a lot of player hate on this board.

Perhaps “outsized, disproportionate hate”?

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - The Jom - 11-23-2023

And Kidd hate. And Cuban hate. And even a little (I’m guilty) Harper hate.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - surfpuckmd - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 04:37 PM)The Jom Wrote: And Kidd hate. And Cuban hate. And even a little (I’m guilty) Harper hate.

I don't hate Jason Kidd.  I really liked him as a player and I think he's probably an excellent assistant coach.  As a head coach though, there's not much to like.   I hate that he was hired to be the Mavs head coach.  I hate that he is still our head coach and might possibly hang on for next season as well.  That is something worth hating.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - Reunion Mav - 11-23-2023

The Reunion Rowdies in the arena were good at hating the other teams players and never once booing our own players. We certainly loved Derek Harper. We did get frustrated with Mark Aguirre but hating or using the word hate about our own players was not done. The Reunion Rowdies were by far the best and most impactful fans the Mavs have ever had.
Times change.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - surfpuckmd - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 09:20 AM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Yup.  Only a motorhead would get it.

Crap.  I completely missed the joke.  I thought the picture signified a ticking time bomb.  

You can tell that I don't know much about cars.

My bad.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - SleepingHero - 11-24-2023

@townbrad
Dereck Lively II is walking around OK but obviously didn’t partake in beach baseball today. We won’t hear anything more official about his status until tomorrow’s practice.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - SleepingHero - 11-24-2023

https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/1727592896801411460

Green is a huge team player:

Quote:I think just letting it you know come to me. We have a very deep team with a lot of talent. I think it's selfish if I go out of my way and force shots or do things to get me in my rhythm. It’s a long season, I don’t really care what people have to say. You know, we’ve had a great start this season. I just want to make sure I’m doing it the right way and find my rhythm…” 

Brad Townsend (@townbrad)
Doncic says he owes Holmes a dinner for the way he played.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - dirkfansince1998 - 11-24-2023

Not sure if it translates to anything in the NBA but on paper what Greg Brown III is doing in the g-league is exactly what the Mavs rotation needs.

Over the last four games. 18.5pts/5.5reb/4.5blk. Shooting 58% FG 53% 3PA.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Kidd calls out Mavs - omahen - 11-24-2023

(11-23-2023, 03:07 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Are we thinking Orlando would give up draft capital in a THJ for Isaac deal?  I’m not sure fans in Orlando would agree.  Isaac’s D has been incredible and he has the more flexible contract.  Yeah, he’s got an injury history and yes Orlando could use THJ’s shooting.  But, we could also use what Isaac brings to the table.  I’m not positive we’d be receiving Isaac and a pick of some kind.  I think it would be a pretty good deal straight up.

I didn't follow Orlando at all and Isaac wasn't playing against Mavs. I thought he is more or less cooked. If that is not the case, they have other contracts they could possibly use. True though, both other possibilities (Harris, Fultz) are expiring. Perhaps even Ingles could be an option (paired with someone like Okeke). He is more or less done, but his team option for next season would give us a lot of flexibility. 

Orlando might be the team most desperate for shooting and improving in that area could make them a very decent East team with their current core. I might be wrong and they might have their eyes set for bigger targets, but I see them as a team willing to pay for shooting. Those expiring deals mentioned could be better used in a TDL deal (three team deal). Third team could receive expiring contract(s) from Orlando, Mavs 2027 pick and another protected pick from Orlando. This might be enough for some of the better targets we discussed.

[Image: F_tn402W8AABSZX.jpg?width=1016&height=1016]

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - ItsGoTime - 11-24-2023

Does Carlisle just have PTSD about coaching defense ever since Malice in the Palace? Historically great offenses with horrible defense.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - Ghost of Podkolzin - 11-24-2023

(11-23-2023, 12:24 PM)omahen Wrote: Lets put on the table this question - does good version of THJ have more value now or next season as expiring contract? Tanking teams don't need good version of THJ. I don't think they would see him as any more than expiring contract that they will try to flip or (if not successful) just release to allow him to go to a contender.

On the other hand you have teams that are looking to get better. I think it totally depends on a specific situation related to the status of their cap space. Some might prefer expiring contract as it would reduce their payroll for next season. Others might value to have an expiring deal on their roster for next season as it would give them trade flexibility. Team like Orlando could have close to max cap space next season, so getting THJ could ruin their summer plans.

I don't agree that is the attitude. People are talking about selling high, not dumping him. I don't think anyone is saying THJ is not a good player. But, he is redundant to what Mavs have and need.

IMO, THJ's value (to contending teams as you differentiated well) will never be higher.  Point here is that the list of teams who think they are in contention now is much longer than at the TDL.  Look at HOU for example.  7-6.  They think they have a chance at least the play-in, yet only have Jalen Green as a true SG on the roster, yet a glut of SFs and SF/PFs.  Ditto for Utah, except lacking at SF.

RE: MAVS NEWS: DLive walks out under his own power, says "hes fine" - DallasMaverick - 11-24-2023

[Image: 403105329_907918720691394_26444754340210...e=65666BB5]