MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - Hypermav - 07-11-2022

oh crap I did it again

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - RoyTarpleysGhost - 07-11-2022

All the "important" threads are created by the same person.  LMAO

Thank you dear moderator for the super important job that you do.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - KillerLeft - 07-11-2022

“He” does not get “a little cash on the side.” That’s a fact. 

He’s here because he wants to be, and he believes everything he types. I don’t always agree, but if he’s lying, he’s lying to himself, not as a calculated means of deceiving anyone else. 

As far as the rest of your points, I agree with some of that. But, the way we’re set up, people can do what they want. All of the activity is in the super threads because not enough people start other threads. More of that has been happening lately, which I personally think is awesome. 

Some of these complaints are basically the equivalent of getting pissed when someone cooks for you every night because they only ever make spaghetti. I do not want to do the work around here that Kamm does, so I hold back a little bit of criticism on how he chooses to do it. I am grateful.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - cow - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:22 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Thank you dear moderator for the super important job that you do.

Don't be a dick.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - IamDougieFresh - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:14 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: "Dallas gearing up for a big trade" is an example of unnecessary moderation.

Creating a player of the game poll and leaving off the best player is an example of unnecessary moderation.

Designating important and non important threads is an example of unnecessary moderation.

The beauty of a vbulletin forum is that everyone is allowed to create threads and those with most recent interest/replies rise to the top.  There shouldnt be anyone in charge of "directing the conversation' especially when it's obvious to everyone how biased that person is.  I would not be shocked if he gets a little side cash for directing every conversation in favor of his boys Nico and Cubes.

I didnt like Fisher but even he was never this bad.

Brotato, everyone knows he doesn’t have a clue about hoops, but this board is far from the dictatorship you are making it out to be. I have never had any issues here despite the fact that some of my posts could be considered trolling.

Fischer once posted a thread for one of his cryptic made up articles and I posted the following gif that got deleted with disapproval from #1 Dwight fan Mr. Mak.

[Image: 9DiF.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - cow - 07-11-2022

In the end, we all have the same goal.  To outlive Mark Cuban's ownership of the Mavs  To win another championship.  Group hug.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - dirkfansince1998 - 07-11-2022

The super threads are as general as it gets. Not sure where the problem is. If someone else beats @"Kammrath" to the spot and creates them at the beginning of the season it wouldn´t change a thing. As far as I remember we already had the concept of super threads with a sticky before the board was moved. Going all the way back to the early 10s.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - ItsGoTime - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:14 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: "Dallas gearing up for a big trade" is an example of unnecessary moderation.

Creating a player of the game poll and leaving off the best player is an example of unnecessary moderation.

Designating important and non important threads is an example of unnecessary moderation.

The beauty of a vbulletin forum is that everyone is allowed to create threads and those with most recent interest/replies rise to the top.  There shouldnt be anyone in charge of "directing the conversation' especially when it's obvious to everyone how biased that person is.  I would not be shocked if he gets a little side cash for directing every conversation in favor of his boys Nico and Cubes.  Even the 12-16 age group on Reddit doesnt pump this much sunshine.  It's mindblowing how you guys just sit there and be subjected to it.  Grow some balls instead of offering to leave.
I kinda begged for other posters to make the polls and game threads. I think there was 1 or 2 that were made other than mods. 

Man, I wish they would approach me with some money to direct conversation around here! 

What's mindblowing is stalking a person on a website with no other intent than to pile on that person.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - Jmaciscool - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:32 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Brotato, everyone knows he doesn’t have a clue about hoops, but this board is far from the dictatorship you are making it out to be. I have never had any issues here despite the fact that some of my posts could be considered trolling.

Fischer once posted a thread for one of his cryptic made up articles and I posted the following gif that got deleted with disapproval from #1 Dwight fan Mr. Mak.

[Image: 9DiF.gif]

Wait, a Fisher thread with a vague cryptic reference that could be interpreted in multiple ways and wasn't explained until it was used later as evidence of "calling it first" in correlation with some tangential Mavs news item? Surely you jest!!

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - DallasMaverick - 07-11-2022

The beauty of a vbulletin forum is that everyone is allowed to create threads and those with most recent interest/replies rise to the top.  There shouldnt be anyone in charge of "directing the conversation' especially when it's obvious to everyone how biased that person is.  I would not be shocked if he gets a little side cash for directing every conversation in favor of his boys Nico and Cubes.  Even the 12-16 age group on Reddit doesnt pump this much sunshine.  It's mindblowing how you guys just sit there and be subjected to it.  Grow some balls instead of offering to leave.

Oof.

I just don't see the point to a lot of new threads with a handful of replies but I'm old and set in my ways and I definitely have to get my underwear at K-Mart.  While the super thread train of thoughts can get a little jumbled, there is never enough activity to get lost.  At most you are reading 4-5 pages if you haven't visited in a few days.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - IamDougieFresh - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:41 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: Wait, a Fisher thread with a vague cryptic reference that could be interpreted in multiple ways and wasn't explained until it was used later as evidence of "calling it first" in correlation with some tangential Mavs news item? Surely you jest!!

I caught on after I figured out the 438th article in a row was BS

Someone is going to have to explain Fish's rise to prominence one day.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - KillerLeft - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:44 PM)cow Wrote: I just don't see the point to a lot of new threads with a handful of replies but I'm old and set in my ways and I definitely have to get my underwear at K-Mart.  While the super thread train of thoughts can get a little jumbled, there is never enough activity to get lost.  At most you are reading 4-5 pages if you haven't visited in a few days.

What frustrates me about the super threads is how frequently I’ll work my butt off to make several posts dripping with astounding insight and then someone else writes two lines in a post a few pages later making the same point and then gets credit for it as an original idea. It’s really evident that some of us read every post and others just read the last page of each thread when they stop by, but I guess that’s life. 

The good news is that I’m always right, so even if I don’t get credit for something I knock out of the park, I’ll probably go yard again on the next pitch.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - Jmaciscool - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:48 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I caught on after I figured out the 438th article in a row was BS

I don't want to brag but I figured it out after the 437th.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - dirkfansince1998 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:49 PM)cow Wrote: Someone is going to have to explain Fish's rise to prominence one day.

Mavs never were his main focus. Always has been about the Cowboys. Not a suprise because that´s probably how most people see it. When the Mavs started to get more attention in the 2000s he jumped on the bandwagon. But it still was Cowboys first. Still is.

(07-11-2022, 06:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What frustrates me about the super threads is how frequently I’ll work my butt off to make several posts dripping with astounding insight and then someone else writes two lines in a post a few pages later making the same point and then gets credit for it as an original idea. It’s really evident that some of us read every post and others just read the last page of each thread when they stop by, but I guess that’s life. 

The good news is that I’m always right, so even if I don’t get credit for something I knock out of the park, I’ll probably go yard again on the next pitch.

But my dad can totally beat up your dad.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - ItsGoTime - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:48 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I caught on after I figured out the 438th article in a row was BS

(07-11-2022, 06:52 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: I don't want to brag but I figured it out after the 437th.
Fish’s articles are BS? :mindblown

(07-11-2022, 06:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What frustrates me about the super threads is how frequently I’ll work my butt off to make several posts dripping with astounding insight and then someone else writes two lines in a post a few pages later making the same point and then gets credit for it as an original idea. It’s really evident that some of us read every post and others just read the last page of each thread when they stop by, but I guess that’s life. 

I’m feeling called out hahahahahahahaha

I apologize. I’m a lazy bastard.

(07-11-2022, 07:07 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Fish’s articles are BS? :mindblown

That MF tricked me every year when I was younger and more naïve.

Thank you for deleting that shit 
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=5e214886971rg99ivbtl5mmxse...y.gif&ct=g]