MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - ItsGoTime - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 05:33 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Prepare yourselves for a lot of anti Luka propaganda from a certain someone if the Mavs take a step back this season.  I forsee a lot of cherry picked advanced stats about how Luka is the problem.
I will be prepared to ponder them, think for myself, respond and not be upset that that poster is adding to the discussion (and heaven forbid, he be a guy that helps tidy things up on his free time for the board). Looks like you're prepared to do something else.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - Hypermav - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 05:50 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Powell would seem to be squarely ahead of those guys to me.
"We lost games on the boards, get a rebounder, a rim protector… we need to figure that out for sure."

Nico after the GSW series.  

I would think that puts Powell last.  McGee is Kidd's guy.  Powell's nine lives have run their course.

That was Killer's statement not ItsGoTime.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - RoyTarpleysGhost - 07-11-2022

There's like 8 people that post here.  The site doesnt need moderation unless moderation means spamming propaganda 24/7.

Everything is Lukas fault.  Everything is Donnies fault.  Everything is Ricks fault.

If anyone dares to criticize Nico, they're turning this place into shit.  Cant believe you guys are bringing so much negative energy.

A couple of people finally starting to grow some balls.  Yall shouldnt leave.  You should be the ones running the site.  You speak for the majority of fans frustrated by the Mavs no matter how hard someone keeps trying to silence your viewpoints.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - KillerLeft - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 05:57 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: There's like 8 people that post here.  The site doesnt need moderation unless moderation means spamming propaganda 24/7 like this is a politics site.

There are way, way more than 8 people here. The super threads just make it hard for the less frequent readers/contributors to keep up. 

I’m not sure I follow your point about moderation.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - cow - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 05:56 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Powell's nine lives have run their course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK9gLkXe0xw

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - Jmaciscool - 07-11-2022

Seems like there's a lot of tension on the board these days with a lot of posters calling out others over differing opinions/attitudes when those differences are what make the board great (imo).

How about we all take a collective deep breath and remember that we are all rooting for the same team regardless of what we think of the current state of affairs.

I've seen some really good opinions on why the Mavs have some issues and why they're going to be fine, but it's starting to devolve into trying to prove individual posters opinions/attitudes right or wrong which doesn't seem as important as getting to enjoy various thoughts from a multitude of viewpoints.

With that being said, obviously everything I ever post is 100% right and you're dumb if you think otherwise.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - Hypermav - 07-11-2022

How do you unlike a post. I liked the RoyTarpleyGhost above by mistake.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - IamDougieFresh - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 05:50 PM)cow Wrote: Don't forget Trix.  I know we heap praise on Dirk and a lot of people want Luka to follow suit but I don't.  Dirk left a lot on the table by being loyal to Cuban.  The only thing that could possibly, but certainly not assuredly, make Cuban change his way is for Luka to walk out the door.  I do think there is a real possibility it wouldn't matter and we'd end up with a Dan Gilbert styled letter in the Dallas Morning News.

I fear that there is no change to be made. All evidence points to star players not wanting to play for Cuban. I guess he could sell the team but that will never happen.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - ItsGoTime - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 05:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Man, I sure hope you’re right. 

It wouldn’t excuse the lack of improvement over Green or Frank, but it would at least get my status up a couple of defcon levels.
At first I thought your take was crazy, cause I couldn't see it at all the way you are seeing it. I mean, if it does play out your way, I'll join you!

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - KillerLeft - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:03 PM)Hypermav Wrote: How do you unlike a post. I liked the RoyTarpleyGhost above by mistake.

The only way is to erase the entire internet and start over with Ask Jeeves. 

We have that button…want me to push it?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - dirkfansince1998 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:03 PM)Hypermav Wrote: How do you unlike a post. I liked the RoyTarpleyGhost above by mistake.

Liked your post to solve the mystery. Never realized it before but it´s not possible. Is it? Without deleting the internet @"KillerLeft" ?

I am down on Cuban.  Mainly because he didn't manage Donnie.  Which led to dysfunction.  I hope he is trying to do better with Nico and company but idk.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - cow - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:04 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I fear that there is no change to be made. All evidence points to star players not wanting to play for Cuban. I guess he could sell the team but that will never happen.

It's weird.  He recently did a long form interview with CP3 and they were super complimentary of one another.  There was also that rumor about CP3 and D12 (I think it was Dwight) planning on coming to Dallas.  He's also drinking buddies with Kevin Love.  So he's had some relationships with star power in the league.  Something is off though but I always circle back to how we handled Tyson...twice.  My only other hope is that he takes on someone like LeBron as an investor in the team once he retires.

(07-11-2022, 06:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The only way is to erase the entire internet and start over with Ask Jeeves. 

We have that button…want me to push it?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 200.gif]

Well only eight people saw my mistake.

(07-11-2022, 06:10 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Well only eight people saw my mistake.

And one bovine.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - dirkfansince1998 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 06:10 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Well only eight people saw my mistake.

More than 40 members were active within the last hour. Plus 70-80 guests. Entire internet saw your mistake. We took screenshots and now we are speading them on twitter.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Hardy signs 3yrs/$4.8M | Kidd: McGee & SD to start | no JB SnT - RoyTarpleysGhost - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 05:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m not sure I follow your point about moderation.

"Dallas gearing up for a big trade" is an example of unnecessary moderation.

Creating a player of the game poll and leaving off the best player is an example of unnecessary moderation.

Designating important and non important threads is an example of unnecessary moderation.

The beauty of a vbulletin forum is that everyone is allowed to create threads and those with most recent interest/replies rise to the top.  There shouldnt be anyone in charge of "directing the conversation' especially when it's obvious to everyone how biased that person is.  I would not be shocked if he gets a little side cash for directing every conversation in favor of his boys Nico and Cubes.  Even the 12-16 age group on Reddit doesnt pump this much sunshine.  It's mindblowing how you guys just sit there and be subjected to it.  Grow some balls instead of offering to leave.

(07-11-2022, 06:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: More than 40 members were active within the last hour. Plus 70-80 guests. Entire internet saw your mistake. We took screenshots and now we are speading them on twitter.

[Image: hypermave.jpg]