MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - ItsGoTime - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:35 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: F7hjcJ8WEAARlpM.jpg?width=1804&height=1016]
Cuban or Kidd could have been better used as the picture taker.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs Media Day - Ghost of Podkolzin - 10-03-2023

(09-29-2023, 12:32 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Hardaway already mentioning that Kidd didn't tell him about the 6th man of the year stuff yet...

Has Vegas put a line on who will be Kidd's whipping boy this year, THJ or J.Green?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs Media Day - Ghost of Podkolzin - 10-03-2023

(10-01-2023, 02:00 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think the BPM is probably the only one he can't get to.  Below are Powell's numbers in 21-22 compared to Robinson's.  This is the role Lively is stepping into and Lively is a much better rebounder and shot blocker.  I don't think this is crazy talk...

MR         DP
Minutes   20.6        21.9 

Points      7.3           8.7
RB's        6.4           4.9
BLK         2.4           0.5
WS          6.1           8.2
BPM         2.5          0.9
VORP       1.6          1.3

I've been wanting a good comp, and I think you came upon it with M.Robinson.  He played 0 minutes of post HS basketball.

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - omahen - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 11:49 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Any haters want to rag on Cuban for appearing in the team picture? Or Kidd?

How about wearing white socks in slippers? Smile Does me hating that make me a hater too? Smile

(10-03-2023, 01:29 PM)omahen Wrote: How about wearing white socks in slippers? Smile Does me hating that make me a hater too? Smile
YES! Let's read more hate into this picture. DJJ and whoever that is on the far right, anyone notice they have no want to be closer to the rest of the team? Watch out for those guys, they are gonna be the trouble makers this year!

Is that space between the coaches/office staff and THJ bigger than the grand canyon or what? What's with Kyrie butt sniffing the coaches and office staff over there?

Josh Green and Jaden Hardy being so far away from the coach mean anything to you guys?

I see Powell is right where he needs to be, next to Luka. If he drifts too far away, will he be as important?

(10-03-2023, 02:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: YES! Let's read more hate into this picture. DJJ and whoever that is on the far right, anyone notice they have no want to be closer to the rest of the team? Watch out for those guys, they are gonna be the trouble makers this year!

Is that space between the coaches/office staff and THJ bigger than the grand canyon or what? What's with Kyrie butt sniffing the coaches and office staff over there?

Josh Green and Jaden Hardy being so far away from the coach mean anything to you guys?

Great observations.

One could say photo shows a clear divide between coaching staff, FO and Kyrie vs rest of the team. I think it is very obvious this was a move that FO wanted but players hate. Kyrie is also the one holding a camel while Luka is not, clearly indicating Kyrie is the main ballhandler now and team leader. 

And of course, Luka looks fat again.

Not sure who the guys on the far right are (one of my many weaknesses is that I am really bad with recognizing faces), but it doesn't look like they will make the team. Everyone avoiding them like they are toxic.

Is Morris on the photo or is he the one taking it?

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - Ghost of Podkolzin - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 02:10 PM)omahen Wrote: Great observations.

One could say photo shows a clear divide between coaching staff, FO and Kyrie vs rest of the team. I think it is very obvious this was a move that FO wanted but players hate. Kyrie is also the one holding a camel while Luka is not, clearly indicating Kyrie is the main ballhandler now and team leader. 

And of course, Luka looks fat again.

The first thing I noticed is Luka looks like the Pillsbury's Dough Boy.

(10-03-2023, 02:10 PM)omahen Wrote: And of course, Luka looks fat again.
Oh crap! Greatest observation of all, can't believe I missed that! The faces I don't recognize I just assume they're the training camp invites. I also don't see Morris anywhere. He waived!

Also, looking back at it, I think DJJ is the one between Lively and OMax (I believe he has that receding hairline) not the guy on the right, so those guys must be just camp invites or 2 ways.

(10-03-2023, 02:28 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, looking back at it, I think DJJ is the one between Lively and OMax (I believe he has that receding hairline) not the guy on the right, so those guys must be just camp invites or 2 ways.

Wow, we both suck at recognizing faces Smile I was suspecting second guy from the right is Holmes and I thought DJJ is the one wearing socks on flippers.

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 10-03-2023

Morris is holding a camel over near the coaches and front office guys. Clearly he’s being groomed for the GM job. And aims to replace Kidd as head coach with said Camel.

(10-03-2023, 02:43 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Morris is holding a camel over near the coaches and front office guys. Clearly he’s being groomed for the GM job. And aims to replace Kidd as head coach with said Camel.

Good one Smile

Of course, that is Morris, Kyrie is not that tall. Which one is Kyrie than? The one holding the same camel next to coaches? Brooklyn connection favoring the new coach? Smile

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - Chicagojk - 10-03-2023

Cato with a short Q&A on the athletic today. Not much new. Did think Hardy would probably lose out of the minute battle with Hardaway and Curry. He is still more bullish on Omax having a locked in rotation role over Lively, but thinks there is a chance both start to begin the season. S

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - Chicagojk - 10-03-2023

What does everything think the best lineup will be for the non Luka minutes? A sneaky thing (I believe I am right) is how Jalen really had the second group humming during his last year here. We would consistently win those minutes. Last year we saw the Kyrie only minutes play faster. I wonder if we look for youth with Kyrie or play the veterans?

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - IamDougieFresh - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 03:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: What does everything think the best lineup will be for the non Luka minutes?  A sneaky thing (I believe I am right) is how Jalen really had the second group humming during his last year here.  We would consistently win those minutes.    Last year we saw the Kyrie only minutes play faster.    I wonder if we look for youth with Kyrie or play the veterans?

When I look into my crystal ball “the numbers” will say this is the best lineup.

Kyrie
Green
Williams
OMax
DJJ

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - Mavs2021 - 10-03-2023

I´m ready for basektball. I was so starved I started to watch Space Jam 2. After 10 minutes of Lebron self-sucking, I had to immediately watch our championshuip run again.

RE: MAVS NEWS: First Preseason game Thursday - mvossman - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 03:42 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: When I look into my crystal ball “the numbers” will say this is the best lineup.

Kyrie
Green
Williams
OMax
DJJ

That lineup would be a lot of fun against second units.

(10-03-2023, 10:35 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: F7hjcJ8WEAARlpM.jpg?width=1804&height=1016]
Alright, let's get to the bottom of this highly important picture! From left to right:

Nico-Finley-Kidd-Jelly-Wieskamp-Cuban-Morris(?)-THJ-OMax-DJJ-Kyrie-Lively-GWill-?-Curry-Exum-Maxi-Powell-Hardy-Luka-?-?-Green-Holmes-?

Solve for ?