MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - omahen - 06-29-2023

He would be a great target!!! Herb Jones option declined. Ups, didn't see he is restricted, so nothing to see here. They will just work on a new deal

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1674522811996545024

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Mavs2021 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 04:22 PM)omahen Wrote: He would be a great target!!! Herb Jones option declined. Ups, didn't see he is restricted, so nothing to see here. They will just work on a new deal

They declined it, so he becomes RFA this year and doesn´t become UFA next year, cause only totally dumb teams would let that happen. Angel Big Grin

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - dirkfansince1998 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 04:22 PM)omahen Wrote: He would be a great target!!! Herb Jones option declined. Ups, didn't see he is restricted, so nothing to see here. They will just work on a new deal

RFA and working towards a longterm extension.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Ghost of Podkolzin - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 03:10 PM)juanc Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1674510078274072582

YEAH BABY

Ugh.  A Swiss Army knife does many things, but you don't use one in a chef's kitchen.  We need a chef's knife...  flex F/C like Z.Collins, PJ, I.Stewart, etc. who can cover as C next year, but then can start next to Lively when he's ready to start (IMO 3 years from now).  

We also need a flex SF/PF like a Eason, Tate, Hunter, Avdija, etc.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - speedkilz88 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 04:28 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Ugh.  A Swiss Army knife does many things, but you don't use one in a chef's kitchen.  We need a chef's knife...  flex F/C like Z.Collins, PJ, I.Stewart, etc. who can cover as C next year, but then can start next to Lively when he's ready to start (IMO 3 years from now).  

We also need a flex SF/PF like a Eason, Tate, Hunter, Avdija, etc.

Good grief, they are going to do other moves beyond Bruce Brown (if he accepts a deal)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - ThisIStheYear - 06-29-2023

So, now the play is Kyrie for Harden. That would be fun. And if the question is yes or no, straight up? I’m a yes.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Mavs2021 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 04:46 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: So, now the play is Kyrie for Harden.  That would be fun.  And if the question is yes or no, straight up? I’m a yes.

100%. How is that even a question.

If we pay Harden 33.6M, we´ll have so much wiggle room. You can go all in on a center with the first round pick(s)and sign somebody with the MLE.

Doncic/Hardy/X
Harden/Green/THJ
Brown/Bullock/X
Kleber/BAE (Reed?)/Omax
Turner/Holmes/Lively

Wow.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Scott41theMavs - 06-29-2023

What I'm not seeing acknowledged here is that Kyrie was very likely Brown's recruiter. Pretty sure no Kyrie means no Brown anymore.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - BigDirk41 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 04:46 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: So, now the play is Kyrie for Harden.  That would be fun.  And if the question is yes or no, straight up? I’m a yes.

Is the NBA going to allow the Mavs to play with 2 balls? If not, I'll pass.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Okstate819 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 04:54 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: 100%. How is that even a question.

If we pay Harden 33.6M, we´ll have so much wiggle room. You can go all in on a center with the first round pick(s)and sign somebody with the MLE.

Doncic/Hardy/X
Harden/Green/THJ
Brown/Bullock/X
Kleber/BAE (Reed?)/Omax
Turner/Holmes/Lively

Wow.

Would rather have Maxry plus Tobias to match salaries. I would even throw in an asset with Kyrie to get Maxey

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 06-29-2023

I'm betting
Harden to LAC
P.George+ to Dal
Kyrie to Philly

(06-29-2023, 04:41 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: Good grief, they are going to do other moves beyond Bruce Brown (if he accepts a deal)

We have 3 Bruce Browns of differing levels of ability in THJ, J.Green, and Bulllock.  We have 1 Maxi, who played under 1K minutes last year and rebounds like a SG.  Hmmmm... we should focus on Brown?  If we move Bullock and THJ, I'm all about Brown, but as currently configured, that's opulent luxury.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - ThisIStheYear - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 05:16 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Would rather have Maxry plus Tobias to match salaries. I would even throw in an asset with Kyrie to get Maxey

Sure. That’s the exact SnT I predicted in Dan’s “prediction” thread. I’d love it too. 

But, there are things we’d like to have and things that are possible. If it’s Harden at $35-$40 million per for three years or an unhappy Kyrie, I’ll take Harden. He was pretty good last year. Sometimes he loses his confidence in big moments, but Luka has enough of that for an entire team.

I'm all about J.Green for Isaiah Stewart, Z.Collins, or PJ S&T.  If we move Bullock, then a Bruce Brown signing is a brilliant move.  Otherwise, it's like putting a supercharger on our Yugo.

Ya, I want no part of Harden.  Hate on Kyrie if you will, but he is a champion (while playing second fiddle), has heart on the court, and shows up in big spots.  Harden shit his pants in that game 7...  his playoffs track record.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Okstate819 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 05:40 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Sure. That’s the exact SnT I predicted in Dan’s “prediction” thread. I’d love it too. 

But, there are things we’d like to have and things that are possible. If it’s Harden at $35-$40 million per for three years or an unhappy Kyrie, I’ll take Harden. He was pretty good last year. Sometimes he loses his confidence in big moments, but Luka has enough of that for an entire team.

If we presume for a moment that PHI wants Kyrie, a move off of Maxey makes sense as both are small guards. Admittedly it would likely take Kyrie + Green  for Maxey + Harris. Zero interest in Harden.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - loki - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 05:17 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I'm betting
Harden to LAC
P.George+ to Dal
Kyrie to Philly

Makes more sense than Harden to Dallas. It's a shame PG is 33 and injury prone though.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - speedkilz88 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 05:38 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: We have 3 Bruce Browns of differing levels of ability in THJ, J.Green, and Bulllock.  We have 1 Maxi, who played under 1K minutes last year and rebounds like a SG.  Hmmmm... we should focus on Brown?  If we move Bullock and THJ, I'm all about Brown, but as currently configured, that's opulent luxury.

Two of those guys are likely moved in trades.  Maybe you can't handle free agency?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 05:17 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I'm betting
Harden to LAC
P.George+ to Dal
Kyrie to Philly

[Image: 0Ccwb.jpg]

Maxey aint happening.  Sixers will hold on to him. He's worth way more than anything Dallas has sans Luka.

(06-29-2023, 06:00 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: Two of those guys are likely moved in trades.  Maybe you can't handle free agency?

And *if they are, I already said it's a great fit.  

Yes, you are right.  I can't handle the emotional toll that is the NBA free agency  Big Grin  Please teach me to be tough like you.

Ya, no way, no how PHI gives up Maxey for Kyrie. Maxey/Harris for Dame does make sense.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Chicagojk - 06-29-2023

Sort of taking the stance that Brown will take a bigger offer and Williams will be hard to pry away from Boston with our MLE offer. So, what is the next moves if that is true? The FA market is pretty slim. I am not sure how many other guys I would offer the full MLE too. What are your next moves if Brown and Williams don’t wind up in Dallas?

Stay patient and see if a trade materializes later in the summer? Split up the MLE?