MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Chicagojk - 06-29-2023

Do you think Mark is leaning towards not showing up for the FA meeting or come guns a blazing with a animation Kyrie video? Choices, choices....

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - myconsumerclub - 06-29-2023

Probably whoever can hit free throws is closing so hopefully Lively will shoot those well.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - BigDirk41 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 12:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: In all seriousness, you have to take this seriously.  If a player of his caliber wants to leave, he will find someone to pay him.  I think he winds back in Dallas but it is sort of disappointing it doesn't appear to be a done deal.  Couldn't Dallas meet with Kyrie already?  Nick Nurse met with Harden.  Even if they cannot officially talk contract....I am sure there have been conversations there.  I would not put the same level of blame as losing Brunson, but it would not be a good look.   

BTW, I wonder how many times franchises found out after acquiring a player that "boy he is even crazier than we expected".  Not saying this tied to Kryie, but........

This is all media hype also. There might be nothing to it. It's almost free agency and these guys need clicks.

ha ha

https://twitter.com/sreekyshooter/status/1674475925755273236?s=20

https://twitter.com/sreekyshooter/status/1674463229056102409

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - ItsGoTime - 06-29-2023

Kyrie reportedly is looking for more years. Four years for vet min is more than 3 at $120M!!!

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - DanSchwartzgan - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 12:17 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: What does Kyrie at $25mm do to the Sun’s cap sheet?  That is the lowest direct match for Ayton.  Phoenix has about $30mm to finish out the roster.  Same could be achieved with Kyrie at $13mm plus Holmes or Kyrie at the minimum plus Holmes and Reggie for Ayton.

Has to be a S&T so Kyrie can retain Bird rights for next year.

Has to allow Phoenix to fill its roster and stay under $172mm as the S&T hard-caps them.

Suddenly my Lowry fantasy trade doesn’t seem so ridiculous.

One more note...just in case this turns out to be real.  Kyrie/Ayton can be added to the Bertans deal.  So, could be Kyrie at $20mm instead of the $25mm (in bold) above to match Ayton one for one.  From there you can add whatever else (McGee, THJ, Reggie, Holmes) and reduce Kyrie's salary proportionately to come up with the right package that adds up to a trade match for Ayton.  

Main point being the way this is real is Kyrie takes a discount.  The key is figuring out what number for Kyrie and what additional players to Phoenix while the Suns do all it wants while staying under Apron-1.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - MaxiThreeba - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 01:32 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: One more note...just in case this turns out to be real.  Kyrie/Ayton can be added to the Bertans deal.  So, could be Kyrie at $20mm instead of the $25mm (in bold) above to match Ayton one for one.  From there you can add whatever else (McGee, THJ, Reggie, Holmes) and reduce Kyrie's salary proportionately to come up with the right package that adds up to a trade match for Ayton.  

Main point being the way this is real is Kyrie takes a discount.  The key is figuring out what number for Kyrie and what additional players to Phoenix while the Suns do all it wants while staying under Apron-1.

If the Kyrie/Suns thing turns out to be real, I hope Nico is on the phone with Indiana about their big 2022 target Ayton.  I would prefer Turner's defense and spacing to Ayton, though the rebounding concerns are real.  

Drummond would help with that some off the bench, but the Mavs would have to find a solid rebounder to start at the 4 in that instance.

Of course, they would also be down a PG and not sure how to address both PG and PF if Kyrie is gone.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Smitty - 06-29-2023

Stein:

UPDATE: League sources say Dallas' interest in Andre Drummond would be dependent on a trade that has not yet come to fruition.

Various rival teams, in my story earlier today, have projected Drummond to land with the Mavericks in free agency IF he opts to walk away from Chicago.

The first step: Andre Drummond must decide today whether to decline his $3.4 million player option to become a free agent or if he wants to stay with the Bulls.

In early June, Drummond told the I AM ATHLETE podcast that he planned to pick up the option to return to Chicago.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Tyler - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 01:44 PM)Smitty Wrote: Stein:

UPDATE: League sources say Dallas' interest in Andre Drummond would be dependent on a trade that has not yet come to fruition.

The first step: Andre Drummond must decide today whether to decline his $3.4 million player option to become a free agent or if he wants to stay with the Bulls.

Actually, that implies that the first step is for Dallas to make a trade today to justify Drummond declining his option.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - ThisIStheYear - 06-29-2023

So far, today’s news makes no sense. No way you want Drummond if McGee remains on the roster. Kyrie’s alternative to Dallas is Phoenix? And, he’d have to play for $25 million or less? If that’s the case, he actually hates Dallas and is trying to play nice, or Dallas is lowballing him more than we thought. I guess Ayton is worth more than the Mavs gave up to acquire Kyrie, so I’d take the win (though it would be disappointing). But then why get another true center in Drummond when you’ve already drafted one high? Hopefully, all will be revealed and will make sense.

summer reading/watching for Lively Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj17jT-sIP8

Powell is really good at this and Luka is pretty demanding on the Center doing this job right, but hopefully this is something that clicks for Lively pretty early in his career. Setting better picks is going to be important to him. Also, why didn't Duke do rim running plays almost every time down the court as part of their core offense. They didn't do it often with Mark Wililams the year prior either.

Mavs announced their summer league team. Should be an interesting team to watch.

Sort of surprising the Marcus Bingham is on the team again this year. He was their exhibit 10 guy but released from the G-league team. Was he hurt? He has a lot of qualities you look for in a developmental big. He just has never really been very productive.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/1674494727897448450

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - KillerLeft - 06-29-2023

Lord almighty, I step away from the scene for a few hours and the Mavs are signing Drummond now? DRUMMOND?!?! He’s the quintessential useless dinosaur. I actually PREFER Mcgee, which is bananas.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Jym - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 02:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lord almighty, I step away from the scene for a few hours and the Mavs are signing Drummond now? DRUMMOND?!?! He’s the quintessential useless dinosaur. I actually PREFER Mcgee, which is bananas.

Sad

(06-29-2023, 02:12 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs announced their summer league team.  Should be an interesting team to watch.

Sort of surprising the Marcus Bingham is on the team again this year.  He was their exhibit 10 guy but released from the G-league team.  Was he hurt?  He has a lot of qualities you look for in a developmental big.  He just has never really been very productive. 

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/1674494727897448450

Just looked on his instagram and it looks like he had some kind of foot surgery in November.   So maybe that is why he didn't play last year.   Could be a legit long term Two way candidate potentially.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - F Gump - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 12:02 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Rut Row Rastro…Kyrie meeting with Phoenix?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081102-nba-intel-latest-on-kyrie-irving-free-agency-meetings-kyle-kuzmas-top-suitor-more

Someone is trolling someone else.

Phoenix can't offer Kyrie the big MLE, small MLE, or anything except minimum salary. They can't sign-and-trade for him either.

But maybe he just wants to visit friends in Phoenix.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - khaled1987 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 02:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lord almighty, I step away from the scene for a few hours and the Mavs are signing Drummond now? DRUMMOND?!?! He’s the quintessential useless dinosaur. I actually PREFER Mcgee, which is bananas.

Is there is any center you like? Beside Jokic or Bam (not even sure you like them)  Big Grin

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 06-29-2023

Stein also mentioned that the trade that is supposed to happen before Drummond is not Ayton related.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Jym - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 02:21 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Is there is any center you like? Beside Jokic or Bam (not even sure you like them)  Big Grin

to be far his hatred of Drummond is well warranted
I'd rather just play Luka at center

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - KillerLeft - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 02:21 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Is there is any center you like? Beside Jokic or Bam (not even sure you like them)  Big Grin

Yes, tons. 

JJJ, Nic Claxton, Capela, PJ Washington, Bam, Mitchell Robinson and many others…you know, GUYS WHO CAN MOVE THEIR FEET.

To be clear, nobody in the NBA likes Drummond. He’s been passed around for years like a joint because he’s a statue and hurts his team by giving up position to chase empty rebound numbers. If you’re old enough to remember how bad DeAndre Jordan was here, get ready, because that’s what Drummond is - a statue on defense. He’s been that way since BEFORE Jordan played here, btw.

(06-29-2023, 02:21 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Stein also mentioned that the trade that is supposed to happen before Drummond is not Ayton related.

Probably McGee related though.