MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: JamesConway912 - BigDirk41 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 10:40 AM)JamesConway912 Wrote: He has no reason to commit early to a small contract.

I’m fully expecting Drummond to sign here for the full MLE or a large chunk of it. 

Mavs are in full overcompensate-mode in regards to the C-position. Lively was a significant reach in the lottery, I’d expect them to continue to overpay in FA as well. The McGee-signing last summer was also their one big FA move and the need at that position hasn’t gotten any smaller.

Zero chance of him getting any of the MLE

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - myconsumerclub - 06-29-2023

no way that guy gets full mle.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - dirkfansince1998 - 06-29-2023

Guess who's closing games if that is next years center rotation.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475h7dmtc5rifu0vmawn...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - DanSchwartzgan - 06-29-2023

So, what if the McGee trade was for a little instead of a big.  Interesting math here:

Outgoing Bertans, Reggie + McGee =$33.2 x 125% plus $250k is $41.75mm

Take away Holmes from that at $12mm and you have $29.75mm left.  You know who makes $29.682mm?

I suspect it would be part of a big Lillard to Miami deal.  Portland gets something like Herro, Reggie, McGee, Jovic and picks.  Lillard to Miami and they are under the first apron.  We get Lowry for a year.  The point of this ISN’T that we want/need Lowry.  It is the flexibility he provides for the next deal at the TDL as a monster expiring contract.  Oh, and it wouldn’t kill us to have another ball handler who kept Luka and Kyrie together for more minutes.  This takes us to $172mm with Kyrie at $40mm.  We would not be hard-capped and could still do something involving Wood or Powell.

Holmes/Lively/Drummond
Maxi/OMax/Morris
Luka/THJ/Vet
Green/Hardy/Vet
Kyrie/Lowry/

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - mvossman - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 11:44 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Guess who's closing games if that is next years center rotation.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475h7dmtc5rifu0vmawn...y.gif&ct=g]

This was likely always going to be the case unless they trade for Ayton or Lively progresses fast.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - myconsumerclub - 06-29-2023

got to be coming here to teach guys how to rebound as a consultant. I might have tried to sign some lower cost free agents like Yurtseven or Azabuike so this is probably an upgrade from what I was thinking we would do.

Still one year deals for a cheap center is the way to go since next years draft will be center heavy from what I hear.

Kleber is on my trade bait list along with McGee Holmes THJ and Bullocks.

Rut Row Rastro…Kyrie meeting with Phoenix?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081102-nba-intel-latest-on-kyrie-irving-free-agency-meetings-kyle-kuzmas-top-suitor-more

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-29-2023

LMAO

Credit to mavs2021 who kept mentioning PHX as a possibility even though I dismissed it.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - mvossman - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 12:01 PM)myconsumerclub Wrote: got to be coming here to teach guys how to rebound as a consultant. I might have tried to sign some lower cost free agents like Yurtseven or Azabuike so this is probably an upgrade from what I was thinking we would do.

Still one year deals for a cheap center is the way to go since next years draft will be center heavy from what I hear. 

Kleber is on my trade bait list along with McGee Holmes THJ and Bullocks.

We need plus defenders at the 4 and 5 and Maxi is currently our only playoff proven one.  Not sure why we would send him out in a trade, especially since he probably doesn't have much trade value right now.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - DallasMaverick - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 12:02 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Rut Row Rastro…Kyrie meeting with Phoenix?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081102-nba-intel-latest-on-kyrie-irving-free-agency-meetings-kyle-kuzmas-top-suitor-more

Need to dispel any rumors that he had a pre-arranged deal with Dallas prior to the trade.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Jmaciscool - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 12:02 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Rut Row Rastro…Kyrie meeting with Phoenix?

How would PHX be able to sign Kyrie at anything other than minimum?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - BigDirk41 - 06-29-2023

Not worried about this at all. No way in hell Dallas does a sign and trade for Ayton the last living dinosaur. They aren't going to give us KD or Booker so this is nothing other than looking like there's no hand shake deal.

What does Kyrie at $25mm do to the Sun’s cap sheet?  That is the lowest direct match for Ayton.  Phoenix has about $30mm to finish out the roster.  Same could be achieved with Kyrie at $13mm plus Holmes or Kyrie at the minimum plus Holmes and Reggie for Ayton.

Has to be a S&T so Kyrie can retain Bird rights for next year.

Has to allow Phoenix to fill its roster and stay under $172mm as the S&T hard-caps them.

Suddenly my Lowry fantasy trade doesn’t seem so ridiculous.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Tyler - 06-29-2023

Because of the hard cap, I believe Kyrie would have to take way less to go to Phoenix even in a S&T. Even in the worst case where Kyrie insists on being traded there, Dallas gets Ayton. Or if they want, they can just tell both Kyrie and Phoenix to screw off and use big cap space on one or more FAs. So Dallas is definitely in the drivers seat. The key, IMO, is to force a quick decision and not allow things to draw out.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - BigDirk41 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 12:19 PM)Tyler Wrote: Because of the hard cap, I believe Kyrie would have to take way less to go to Phoenix even in a S&T. Even in the worst case where Kyrie insists on being traded there, Dallas gets Ayton. Or if they want, they can just tell both Kyrie and Phoenix to screw off and use big cap space on one or more FAs. So Dallas is definitely in the drivers seat. The key, IMO, is to force a quick decision and not allow things to draw out.

Absolutely. If there's any truth to this, call Kyrie's bluff and let his ass walk for a HUGE paycut.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - Chicagojk - 06-29-2023

Mavs should really screw with the Suns and announce they plan to meet with Jock Landale during the Kyrie meeting Smile

Kyrie signs with PHX for the Minimum, Dallas uses the cap room to sign Andre Drummond for a 25 million per year salary. Win/Win/Win for all parties.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 09:46 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Played for the Nets the prior season to finish out the year.  Put up a double/double.    Again, I think most of his stats are empty but he has always been a good rebounder.

Not a good rebounder, but a great one. He led the league in rebounding 4 out of 5 years. But that was when he was starting with Detroit and Cleveland.

In all seriousness, you have to take this seriously. If a player of his caliber wants to leave, he will find someone to pay him. I think he winds back in Dallas but it is sort of disappointing it doesn't appear to be a done deal. Couldn't Dallas meet with Kyrie already? Nick Nurse met with Harden. Even if they cannot officially talk contract....I am sure there have been conversations there. I would not put the same level of blame as losing Brunson, but it would not be a good look.

BTW, I wonder how many times franchises found out after acquiring a player that "boy he is even crazier than we expected". Not saying this tied to Kryie, but........

RE: MAVS NEWS: Mavs keep Bullock - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-29-2023

I don't know why you guys are surprised about Kyrie taking visits with other teams. Did you think his re-signing was going to go off without a hitch? He very well probably re-signs here, but you know he always makes things interesting along the way.