MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - ItsGoTime - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'd argue getting Reaves+Vando and then trading for Ayton is a better team long term and short term than just keeping Irving.

Luka/Hardy
Reaves/Green
MLE/OMP
Vando/Maxi
Ayton/Lively

Average team age: 21 excluding the MLE signing

Teams likely salary just above if Reaves signs for like 18 mil: 149,115,021
This was discussed quite a bit ago. Lakers can’t sign Reaves for more than $12.2M. They can go over that amount to match an offer. On top of that, he forced his way to LAL in the draft, he wants to stay. SnT for Reaves is not an option. This is why I included Rui.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - Nowitzki Way - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:35 PM)mvossman Wrote: My biggest issue with draft night was how it seemed to be a different direction than the Kyrie signing.  Getting an unprotected first back and at least one good young player would be more in line with the current direction.

To me, thats what made draft night so special.

You could go either way with the moves they made.

We got really young, athletic, defensive-minded guys. They can slowly integrate into the rotation if we go the Kyrie route.

We lose Kyrie and then O-Max, Lively, Hardy, and Green get more minutes and this becomes a soft rebuild. You get more assets for Kyrie in a SnT, and also get what you can for THJ, Holmes, Bullock, Maxi, McGee. 

Its still the same core going forward with or without Kyrie. Having Kyrie forces us to keep a few more veterans around to ease the youngsters in this year.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - SleepingHero - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:36 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This was discussed quite a bit ago. Lakers can’t sign Reaves for more than $12.2M. They can go over that amount to match an offer. On top of that, he forced his way to LAL in the draft, he wants to stay. SnT for Reaves is not an option. This is why I included Rui.

Forgot about that.

Rui still works although I get a bit less excited for that return vs. Reaves.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - Mavs2021 - 06-28-2023

If it´s a 3 player that lands us Hachimura and Ayton for Kyrie. Cool

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - ItsGoTime - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Forgot about that.

Rui still works although I get a bit less excited for that return vs. Reaves.
I actually like Rui as much as Reaves and we need bigger bodies more than the smaller ones. If Rui’s playoff run is his new norm, sign me up!

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-28-2023

I don’t see any facet of basketball Rui Hachimura is good at other than maybe as a 6th man inefficient scorer.

He was a good fit on the Lakers cause they were playing three guys that can’t shoot. Lebron, AD, and Schroeder.

Also, Rui will cost less.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - KillerLeft - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:51 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I don’t see any facet of basketball Rui Hachimura is good at other than maybe as a 6th man inefficient scorer.

Yeah, he had a ROUGH year, and then when a team decides to let him shoot in one playoff series (he was shooting 29% before that, so it was a good strategy, I think) he goes bonkers for a series (good for him). Now, recency bias has people thinking he’s a good player. In my book, he is not.

Plus, he plays the position I’d want Vanderbilt and OMAX to play, personally. 

I don’t think the Lakers would want to give up Vanderbilt AND Hachimura, anyway. they’d need to keep one of them to play with AD. I’m sure they’d WANT to get off of Hachimura and keep Vanderbilt, but I’d walk away and lose Kyrie for nothing before I’d agree to that.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - Nowitzki Way - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:54 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, Rui will cost less.

If its Kyrie to the Lakers at around 40 million, Rui will get a good pay day.  Is he worth 20 mil?

Thats why the Beasley option is interesting to watch, as Dan said.

Beasley, Rui at around 20 mil, and Vanderbilt would work i assume.

(06-28-2023, 03:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t think the Lakers would want to give up Vanderbilt AND Hachimura, anyway. they’d need to keep one of them to play with AD. I’m sure they’d WANT to get off of Hachimura and keep Vanderbilt, but I’d walk away and lose Kyrie for nothing before I’d agree to that.

No Vanderbilt better mean the last 1st rounder they can trade and Jalen Hood-Schifino.  Oh, and give me Max Christie too.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - dirkfansince1998 - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:51 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I don’t see any facet of basketball Rui Hachimura is good at other than maybe as a 6th man inefficient scorer.

He was a good fit on the Lakers cause they were playing three guys that can’t shoot. Lebron, AD, and Schroeder.

Basically a less talented and slightly bigger Carmelo. High midrange volume that isn´t coming from legit 1st or 2nd options has no role in the modern NBA. You are spot on. Best case is a 6th man role.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - mvossman - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, he had a ROUGH year, and then when a team decides to let him shoot in one playoff series (he was shooting 29% before that, so it was a good strategy, I think) he goes bonkers for a series (good for him). Now, recency bias has people thinking he’s a good player. In my book, he is not.

Plus, he plays the position I’d want Vanderbilt and OMAX to play, personally. 

I don’t think the Lakers would want to give up Vanderbilt AND Hachimura, anyway. they’d need to keep one of them to play with AD. I’m sure they’d WANT to get off of Hachimura and keep Vanderbilt, but I’d walk away and lose Kyrie for nothing before I’d agree to that.

I feel like the only way get enough salary in an LA deal would be to include Russell.  I could live with Russell on a reasonable contract + Vanderbilt + unprotected first. You are effectively trading Din + Dorian for Russell + Vanderbilt. That is not a bad trade.

Hate on Rui then love on Russell. What’s THAT contract gonna be signed at? I don’t think comparing Russell as an upgraded Dinwiddie is doing him any favors.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-28-2023

I dont really like Dangelo Russell but the current Mavs roster without Kyrie is a really good fit for him. Play off Luka, secondary creator, hit open 3s. Wouldnt want to be locked into him long term at big money.

Like Mvossman suggested, Id need Vanderbilt and a 1st in order to facilitate that exchange.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - SleepingHero - 06-28-2023

Would ya go to Miami and offer:

Kyrie+THJ+McGee for Lowry+Herro+Jamie Jaquez+Jovic?

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - DanSchwartzgan - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 05:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Would ya go to Miami and offer:

Kyrie+THJ+McGee for Lowry+Herro+Jamie Jaquez+Jovic?

I would, but the deal doesn’t solve Miami’s hard cap issue or their Strus/Vincent issue.  They would need a taker for Robinson with no returning salary at the very least and even then it is probably Strus or Vincent returning…not both.

BTW, I think this is the Kyrie to LA thread. The other one is the Kyrie to Houston thread. If you weren’t the moderator I’d politely suggest you start this conversation in another thread for Kyrie to Miami so we can keep it all straight Smile.

(06-28-2023, 05:17 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I would, but the deal doesn’t solve Miami’s hard cap issue or their Strus/Vincent issue.  They would need a taker for Robinson with no returning salary at the very least and even then it is probably Strus or Vincent returning…not both.

BTW, I think this is the Kyrie to LA thread.  The other one is the Kyrie to Houston thread.  If you weren’t the moderator I’d politely suggest you start this conversation in another thread for Kyrie to Miami so we can keep it all straight Smile.

LOL!!!!

In either case, I don't think Miami would be too pressed about Strus/Vincent if it meant they could finally get their star guard. Kyrie does solve that. They also get their Herro replacement. 

Honestly not sure why the Mavs do this now thinking about it even if we're getting Herro and some good youngins.

RE: Jason Terry - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-28-2023

(06-26-2023, 05:39 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Yes. You could tell Nico was serious. This is the way. We have the young core of Hardy/Green/O-Max/Lively led by Luka. They will all play immediately. And this is who we build around long term

The flip side to the “young 5” is to find the right veterans around them. Kyrie, Maxi, and THJ i think are guys who compliment the young 5 well. We still need 2 more of the right type players. Perfect to me would be Bruce Brown and G Williams. But, those type of guys

This is going to be a good team that sneaks up on folks by the end of the year. It’s going to be so much fun to watch and i can’t wait. I’m honestly looking at flying out to Vegas for summer league

Glad you're optimistic, because until the start of the season I'm not until I see what the finished product looks like  after trades and free agency.  Because the competition to  build a contender is fierce in the NBA.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 06-28-2023

All this Kyrie conjecture is just "Radio Face Ramona" trying to generate clicks and do PR for LA based teams trying to create a sliver leverage when there is none.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - BigDirk41 - 06-28-2023

Kyrie isn't going anywhere. He will be a Mav going forward.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - ThisIStheYear - 06-28-2023

Russell is atrocious. I’d take him only on some kind of huge 1 year prove it deal to match Kyrie’s salary. The Lakers would have to throw in some good real assets for the Mavs to agree to the SnT (and a tip for taking on a huge, useless salary), starting with their first this year, a future unprotected or at most top 4 protected pick, and Vandy. I don’t want anyone else on that roster.