MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - Mavs2021 - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:49 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: How many teams even have $40 million plus in cap space?  Google says just the Rockets and Jazz.

I'd just laugh at Kyrie if I'm Nico and he tries to use those teams as leverage.

Utah doesn´t after Collins.

I see Orlando and Chicago as small possibilities, but that means we get

Lavine or a nice package from Orlando with options that include some combination of Fultz, WCJ, Suggs, Black, Howard, Isaac, Harris

Sign me up.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - KillerLeft - 06-28-2023

Are we maybe headed back towards a Reeves/Vanderbilt package?

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - KillerLeft - 06-28-2023

Gotta be honest, I don’t hate the idea of getting off of Irving and getting something back. This is actually a fairly graceful time to do that, even if they get underwhelming value. If that underwhelming value comes in the form of 1-2 young, intriguing players, they would have basically reset the team’s timeline in one summer. There are worse directions they could choose than that one, from where I’m sitting.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - dirkfansince1998 - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Are we maybe headed back towards a Reeves/Vanderbilt package?

Sold. Stay away from crazy.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - DanSchwartzgan - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Are we maybe headed back towards a Reeves/Vanderbilt package?

Tomorrow is the decision date for Bamba and Beasley.  Stay tuned.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-28-2023

IMO there is 0 chance Austin Reaves is not on the Lakers next year.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - dirkfansince1998 - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:07 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: IMO there is 0 chance Austin Reaves is not on the Lakers next year.

Most likely. Nothing confirmed but LA media is already complaining about his contract.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - Jmaciscool - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gotta be honest, I don’t hate the idea of getting off of Irving and getting something back. This is actually a fairly graceful time to do that, even if they get underwhelming value. If that underwhelming value comes in the form of 1-2 young, intriguing players, they would have basically reset the team’s timeline in one summer.  There are worse directions they could choose than that one, from where I’m sitting.

Yep, it would be like a soft-reboot of the franchise.  I'd be fine with that based on the direction they seem to be going.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - ItsGoTime - 06-28-2023

(06-18-2023, 01:17 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Now that I think of it, the Mavs offense whenever DAJ was in the game was the absolute worst I've ever seen this team play in the Luka era. He literally couldn't do anything other than stand above the break and give Luka a screen handoff. Didn't really do anything else. Going to Capela is probably going to be similar. Negative handles, won't ever take anything that isn't a point blank paint shot. At least Powell does stuff in the short roll and takes an occasional 3 if the other team completely abandons him. This would be going backwards on offensive scheme for a marginal gain on defense/rebounding and this is not even considering he's on the decline. I'd rather have offense over defense (athletic limitations, not blown assignments/BBIQ issues) if I have to take one or the other. Probably an overreaction on addressing a weakness and not realizing it makes you weaker in other areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqcwUjXiGG0

These are highlights so only successful plays from their ECF run but you can watch around 30 seconds or so and you'll pretty much see the entire video. To me this is Zzzzz... boring even though Capela's gravity does have an impact. Wouldn't surprise me if the league figured out how to shut this down immediately after this run.

If he's a 1 year stopgap to buy time for a draft pick with more skill to take over it's no big deal. Should be a moveable expiring. Probably not going to enjoy watching the offense much while he's here starting though. I'd think the FO would be searching for more versatility in their players after all the complaining about the recent rosters though.
This keeps popping up when I reply in this thread. I’ve tried unchecking the quote button, deleting the original post, logging out and back in, posting it then deleting my post. Nothing has worked so far. Gonna leave this fir now and see if it fixes it…

Now, I was shot down pretty hard when suggesting SnT of Kyrie. I still have no problem with it if we can get more than we traded for him since the team he’s going to gets him for the multi-year contract they want. Hood-Schifino added to a couple other players would be pretty dang good. It’s already been discussed that Reaves can’t be in the deal really, but Rui can.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-28-2023

I dont really like Hachimura or Russell although if Kyrie is gone, we could use the scoring punch.

Beasley is a worse THJ.

Love both Reaves and Vanderbilt.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - Nowitzki Way - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gotta be honest, I don’t hate the idea of getting off of Irving and getting something back. This is actually a fairly graceful time to do that, even if they get underwhelming value. If that underwhelming value comes in the form of 1-2 young, intriguing players, they would have basically reset the team’s timeline in one summer.  There are worse directions they could choose than that one, from where I’m sitting.

I'm not opposed to this either. I'm not sure any of us are in love with giving Kyrie 40+ million a year for the next 3 or 4 years. Especially with this new CBA.

Then the fit/results with a Kyrie/Luka team is skeptical at best. 

The Lakers are the best case scenario. Give me Hachimura, Vanderbilt, and Hood-Schifino.  Throw in Beasley or Bamba. 

Our 25 and under talent:

Luka
Green
Hardy
Lively
O-Max
Hachimura
Vanderbilt
Hood Schifino

And no 30+ malcontent clogging up the cap space for the next 3 or 4 years. 

You could still do more deals with Bullock, THJ, Holmes, McGee.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - SleepingHero - 06-28-2023

I'd argue getting Reaves+Vando and then trading for Ayton is a better team long term and short term than just keeping Irving.

Luka/Hardy
Reaves/Green
MLE/OMP
Vando/Maxi
Ayton/Lively

Average team age: 21 excluding the MLE signing

Teams likely salary just above if Reaves signs for like 18 mil: 149,115,021

(06-28-2023, 03:11 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I dont really like Hachimura or Russell although if Kyrie is gone, we could use the scoring punch.

Beasley is a worse THJ.

Love both Reaves and Vanderbilt.

Yeah, any conversation starts with Vanderbilt. After that, you can talk Russell, Hachimura, draft capital, whatever. Vanderbilt is the prize.

(06-28-2023, 03:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'd argue getting Reaves+Vando and then trading for Ayton is a better team long term and short term than just keeping Irving.

Luka/Hardy
Reaves/Green
MLE/OMP
Vando/Maxi
Ayton/Lively

Average team age: 21 excluding the MLE signing

Teams likely salary just above if Reaves signs for like 18 mil: 149,115,021

Good call. And EVEN BETTER than that would be doing all of that but NOT trading for Ayton.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - BigDirk41 - 06-28-2023

Still no thanks on Ayton..lol

Ayton is a dinosaur on a bloated contract. Pass

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - SleepingHero - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, any conversation starts with Vanderbilt. After that, you can talk Russell, Hachimura, draft capital, whatever. Vanderbilt is the prize.

Good call. And EVEN BETTER than that would be doing all of that but NOT trading for Ayton.

I thought I almost had you agreeing to an Ayton scenario 

[Image: CggS4xxWcAA2V77.jpg]

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - Nowitzki Way - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, any conversation starts with Vanderbilt. After that, you can talk Russell, Hachimura, draft capital, whatever. Vanderbilt is the prize.

Vanderbilt is basically what we hope O-Max can be. Imagine if we have two guys like that. 

I want no part of Russell, but Hachimura at a decent prize is not bad for Kyrie. 

Lets hope they add a first rounder to this deal. Their first rounder from 23 or future picks.

(06-28-2023, 03:26 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Vanderbilt is basically what we hope O-Max can be. Imagine if we have two guys like that. 

I want no part of Russell, but Hachimura at a decent prize is not bad for Kyrie. 

Let’s hope they add a first rounder to this deal. They’re first rounder from 23 or future picks.

Right there with you on this, and tbh I wouldn’t even hate Russell as a temporary source of offense while they remake the team.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - SkenfromLMF - 06-28-2023

In this market, could the Mavs hardball and try to do 5 yrs (4+1) $175 million?
It would pose 2 serious problems for Dallas going forward: Dallas would probably damage some Agent relations AND Ky would become a malcontent sooner rather than later.
BUT... it would help in the immediate process of staying under the 1st Apron, AND it would give Dallas a compromise to the 5th year IF Ky decides he would rather chance the PO year for a new contract.

Ultimately, this could be the punch that gets Dallas the number of years they want (2+1) at the salary Ky wants and Dallas has to figure out how to make it fit the 23-24 cap sheet.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - mvossman - 06-28-2023

My biggest issue with draft night was how it seemed to be a different direction than the Kyrie signing.  Getting an unprotected first back and at least one good young player would be more in line with the current direction.

(06-28-2023, 03:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Right there with you on this, and tbh I wouldn’t even hate Russell as a temporary source of offense while they remake the team.

Agreed. If bringing in Russell is part of the deal to get Vanderbilt, etc. Count me in. 

He'll get buckets. He can hit 3's at a decent clip, and distribute a little.  A slightly better version of Dinwiddie in my opinion.