MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - ItsGoTime - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 12:52 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Seems like someone from PHX related this little tid bit of info to him. What's more interesting is trying to reason did this come from the Suns FO to try and stir shit up in Dallas, or did someone from Dallas say this to PHX during their negotiations and now they're leaking it
How does giving that information serve Dallas? Not a thing. Unless Nico has diarrhea of the mouth like Kidd, this is fully from Suns side. If it was leaked from McMahon or a staff person it’s more believable (I guess one might say Gambo got it from one of our insiders and he chose to run with it). It does explain why we have been trying to trade him since signing his deal.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - ThisIStheYear - 06-28-2023

Something moderately interesting should happen today. At the very least, the Mavs should move off of Reggie, one way or another.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - Chicagojk - 06-28-2023

https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/status/1674051398516850691?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

Grant Williams is tricky being restricted.

https://twitter.com/all_things_mavs/status/1674052730464206848?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - SleepingHero - 06-28-2023

https://streamable.com/bjsgc8

Woj saying its most likely Kyrie returns to Dallas. But he did mention that money is less of an issue and Kyrie is more focused on the amount of fully guaranteed years.

[Image: 8cdc92bf8842d5e7afacdfa1cf86ff49.jpg]

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - DanSchwartzgan - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 08:51 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/status/1674051398516850691?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

Followill and Dameris said the same thing.  He’ll be an 15-18 minute a game bench guy.  Cuban said in a radio interview that they won’t rush Lively.  So, center is either solved with Holmes/Maxi or they will bring someone else in.  Naz Reid and Ayton rumors would seem to favor the latter.

Followill also said he could see OMax getting more minutes this season than Lively.  He just fits a stereotypical role really well.  His O may not be ready, but his D is and that is what they will mainly ask of him.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - Mavs2021 - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 09:04 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://streamable.com/bjsgc8

Woj saying its most likely Kyrie returns to Dallas. But he did mention that money is less of an issue and Kyrie is more focused on the amount of fully guaranteed years.

[Image: 8cdc92bf8842d5e7afacdfa1cf86ff49.jpg]

25/5 with a player option.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - KillerLeft - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 06:05 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Something moderately interesting should happen today. At the very least, the Mavs should move off of Reggie, one way or another.

I agree. Today is the day Bullock becomes fully guaranteed if not waived, correct? I am really hoping he’s not here next year. I’d love for them to be able to trade him, but will accept cutting him as progress.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - The Jom - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 05:02 AM)doorsted Wrote: THJ SR was talking shit about Luka and Kyrie at the end of last season.  So maybe that's where this is coming from, assuming there is any truth to it.

Dads are a legit problem in the NBA.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Lively to wear #2, OMax #18, THJ #10...Kyrie #11? - RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 06-28-2023

(06-27-2023, 06:59 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: BTW speaking of Norms, Hitzges retired the morning after the draft - He was the latest of the Dallas media Mount Rushmore to retire: Sherrod, Galloway, Norm, Reiner, Brad Sham.

Brad Sham didn't retire.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cato- Mavs view Lively as a limited bench big nxt season - SkenfromLMF - 06-28-2023

(06-27-2023, 09:16 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: Are you thinking of Dale Hansen?  Brad is still the Cowboys play by play man.

I guess people would put Hansen on there...
No I said latest, not last, because Sham is still going and he deserves to be there over Dale.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cato- Mavs view Lively as a limited bench big nxt season - SleepingHero - 06-28-2023

So Stein, Fischer, and Woj all say Kyrie is intending to resign with Dallas.

Now Ramona Shelbourne says this?
Quote:https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1674135422794977300?s=20

NBACentral (@TheNBACentral)
Kyrie Irving intends to take free agent meetings with other teams, per @ramonashelburne

So what are the other teams? Stein literally said there is practically no other market for Kyrie...

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cato- Mavs view Lively as a limited bench big nxt season - Mavs2021 - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: So Stein, Fischer, and Woj all say Kyrie is intending to resign with Dallas.

So what are the other teams? Stein literally said there is practically no other market for Kyrie...

Mavs can always re-sign their own players. This basically means Mavs made their pitch. Kyrie is not happy. He is now shopping around to find out that nobody wants to sign a crazy person in his 30s to a fat long-term contract.

Maybe the Mavs finally learned something. There is no market for Kyrie, at least not in free agency. Houston wants FVV and that´s the end.

Now it becomes a S&T at worst.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-28-2023

She could be right but Ramona Shelbure and Marc Spears are the worst California homer (anti Mavs) reporters out there IMO.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - SleepingHero - 06-28-2023

Yeah as soon as I read that it felt like one last Lakers forward pitch for Kyrie.

No shot they can come anywhere close to even 4/160 to Kyrie after they've kept Vanderbilt, Reeves, and Rui's capholds.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cato- Mavs view Lively as a limited bench big nxt season - Nowitzki Way - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:32 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Now it becomes a S&T at worst.

Houston can sign him with cap space and we get nothing. About the worst case scenario. Almost as bad as Brunson, if not worse.

Miami has nothing we would want. 

Both L.A teams? This is where it can get a little interesting.

We've seen the potential Lakers trade circulating for awhile. This would have to be some sort of double sign and trade for D-Lo or Hachimura. Hopefully you can get them to add Vanderbilt and/or Jalen Hood-Schifino.  

Clippers? You're not getting Paul George. Kyrie would be going there to team up with George and Kawhi.   This would be some combination of Norman Powell, Marcus Morris, Covington.  Can you pull Zubac or Mann out of them? Nothing good on Clips in my opinion.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cato- Mavs view Lively as a limited bench big nxt season - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: So Stein, Fischer, and Woj all say Kyrie is intending to resign with Dallas.

I could see him doing that.  This is Kyrie after all.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - Mavs2021 - 06-28-2023

Either Kyrie re-signs or Mavs trade for Ayton. That seems pretty obvious to me now. Question is how can you maximize the trash on the Suns roster.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-28-2023

How many teams even have $40 million plus in cap space? Google says just the Rockets and Jazz.

I'd just laugh at Kyrie if I'm Nico and he tries to use those teams as leverage.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cato- Mavs view Lively as a limited bench big nxt season - Mavs2021 - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:42 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Houston can sign him with cap space and we get nothing. About the worst case scenario. Almost as bad as Brunson, if not worse.

Miami has nothing we would want. 

Both L.A teams? This is where it can get a little interesting.

We've seen the potential Lakers trade circulating for awhile. This would have to be some sort of double sign and trade for D-Lo or Hachimura. Hopefully you can get them to add Vanderbilt and/or Jalen Hood-Schifino.  

Clippers? You're not getting Paul George. Kyrie would be going there to team up with George and Kawhi.   This would be some combination of Norman Powell, Marcus Morris, Covington.  Can you pull Zubac or Mann out of them? Nothing good on Clips in my opinion.

Exactly no free agent capspace market, only S&T. Everybody is reporting Houston wants FVV and that was about the only place for an outright signing.

It´s almost like behaving like an un-reliable mad man, while being an injure-prone guard in your 30s is not the best mix to attract interest.

I honestly believe if Kyrie was an RFA and the Mavs could play full hardball, they would get him back for 20m/year. Nobody would offer more.

RE: MAVS NEWS:Woj-Ky intends to resign, Ramona-Ky intends to take meetings w/other teams - SleepingHero - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 02:49 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: How many teams even have $40 million plus in cap space?  Google says just the Rockets and Jazz.

I'd just laugh at Kyrie if I'm Nico and he tries to use those teams as leverage.

Jazz nuked their space with the Collins deal. So far HOU has the most capspace and can outright sign Ky. 

Indiana, Orlando, Spurs, Pacers, and Pistons all can somewhat get to Kyrie's number