MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - BigDirk41 - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 02:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Question. I’ve heard a Josh Green extension could potentially cost $17 million per.  He’s a nice player on his rookie contract, but does anyone expect the Mavs would actually pay market value, particularly if it approaches $20 million. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him traded.

Every since this report came out, it changed my mind to trade him if it gets us a real talent upgrade. They shouldn't give him away, but this team can't win paying Green that kind of money.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - Jakeospikez - 06-19-2023

Mavs have been working out a ton of mid-late lottery smaller wings, so I'd think Green potentially being moved has to at the very least be some sort of backup plan cause that's his spot in the rotation. If their target bigs are all taken then trading Green for a big and drafting a small wing could be their play.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - audiosway - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 02:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Question. I’ve heard a Josh Green extension could potentially cost $17 million per.  He’s a nice player on his rookie contract, but does anyone expect the Mavs would actually pay market value, particularly if it approaches $20 million. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him traded.

Yeah. I could actually see that. As long as it's in an upgrade I'm fine with it. They can't win paying guys like Green a big contract. I like him a lot. But, he's not the level of difference maker I think to make him part of a "core".

With Stein saying that Dallas is the only serious bidder for Kyrie I think they still need to pay him. He is the kind of guy that would feel "disrespected" by anything less and I think it would cause a lot of behind the scenes mess that you don't want with him. Kyrie needs to be "happy". It's stupid but that's what you get when you tie your team to a guy like that.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - MFFL - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 04:21 PM)audiosway Wrote: With Stein saying that Dallas is the only serious bidder for Kyrie I think they still need to pay him. He is the kind of guy that would feel "disrespected" by anything less and I think it would cause a lot of behind the scenes mess that you don't want with him. Kyrie needs to be "happy". It's stupid but that's what you get when you tie your team to a guy like that.

I just hope we can make Kyrie happy at $40m a year.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - Jym - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 04:23 PM)MFFL Wrote: I just hope we can make Kyrie happy at $40m a year.

Imagine how happy Brunson would have been with like $32 mil a year

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - Scott41theMavs - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 04:21 PM)audiosway Wrote: Yeah. I could actually see that. As long as it's in an upgrade I'm fine with it. They can't win paying guys like Green a big contract. I like him a lot. But, he's not the level of difference maker I think to make him part of a "core".

With Stein saying that Dallas is the only serious bidder for Kyrie I think they still need to pay him. He is the kind of guy that would feel "disrespected" by anything less and I think it would cause a lot of behind the scenes mess that you don't want with him. Kyrie needs to be "happy". It's stupid but that's what you get when you tie your team to a guy like that.

You know that whatever 4 or 5 year deal he makes with them, he isn't going to play out that contract here. They have to make the deal tradeable within the new CBA. To me, the ideal is $30 mil a year (still too much, but they have no choice...). Anything more than $35 mil per is going to make us covet Beal's deal.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - DallasMaverick - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 04:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You know that whatever 4 or 5 year deal he makes with them, he isn't going to play out that contract here. They have to make the deal tradeable within the new CBA. To me, the ideal is $30 mil a year (still too much, but they have no choice...). Anything more than $35 mil per is going to make us covet Beal's deal.

It kinda depends on availability.  And maybe the trajectory of their careers as they age.

I'd put my money on Kyrie being healthier than Beal.  If Beal becomes an iron man, and Kyrie another KP, then we'll have regrets...

Straight up, which is the better player?  Beal, for his defense?  I think I'd favor Kyrie to take the last shot in a championship game.

I'd be thrilled to get Kyrie in the $35m range.  Is he willing to sacrifice dollars to get better teammates around him? Dirk 2.0?

You could make a case that Dallas only has two or three underperforming contracts, and a year from now they'll expire.  In theory, that should make Kyrie a little more willing to flex on price.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 06-19-2023

No way Kyrie takes less than 40m per year and that’d probably have to be full 5 years. 
Josh Green, for anything 15m or less, is a win. It makes him essentially a MLE level guy and he has the potential to be much more than that.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - DanSchwartzgan - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 03:51 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Mavs have been working out a ton of mid-late lottery smaller wings, so I'd think Green potentially being moved has to at the very least be some sort of backup plan cause that's his spot in the rotation. If their target bigs are all taken then trading Green for a big and drafting a small wing could be their play.

I’ve noticed the same thing and wondered that too.  The question is what deal does Green make work that doesn’t work without him.  Does he alleviate the need to include #10 in one of these deals.

There have been iterations of Ayton that needed a little more salary.  I think it was THJ/McGee or Bertans/McGee that needed a bit more money.   But adding THJ/Green to a team with Booker and Beal doesn’t make sense.

I could see Cleveland loving Green in a deal for Allen

Toronto may soon be without Trent Jr.  Green as part of a deal for Siakam?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - BigDirk41 - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 04:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You know that whatever 4 or 5 year deal he makes with them, he isn't going to play out that contract here. They have to make the deal tradeable within the new CBA. To me, the ideal is $30 mil a year (still too much, but they have no choice...). Anything more than $35 mil per is going to make us covet Beal's deal.

No way he signs for less than 40 per year and I suspect Cuban's dumbass will give him 50 or whatever his max is. You're getting your hopes up with the 30 or 35 numbers.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - Hypermav - 06-19-2023

I think Mark will offer him what Luka makes for 4 years. 3 + 1

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - loki - 06-19-2023

I'd offer Kyrie a 3+1 that starts at the max with no raises. That would still make him the highest paid player on the team for the next 4 years, but it gives Dallas a bit more flexibility.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 06:51 PM)loki Wrote: I'd offer Kyrie a 3+1 that starts at the max with no raises. That would still make him the highest paid player on the team for the next 4 years, but it gives Dallas a bit more flexibility.

What kinda message does that send to Luka making KI the highest paid? He's not the best player on the team. Cuban is  playing with fire if he does that, especially if like the end of last season showed us that him and Luka aren't a fit.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - Jym - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 07:34 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What kinda message does that send to Luka making KI the highest paid? He's not the best player on the team. Cuban is  playing with fire if he does that, especially if like the end of last season showed us that him and Luka aren't a fit.

Ehh I feel like the ego part of that would be more of a concern if Luka took less money than his max.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 07:40 PM)Jym Wrote: Ehh I feel like the ego part of that would be more of a concern if Luka took less money than his max.

I don't know. Most of these guys have massive egos.. Why create a problem when there doesn't need to be one? They're already under the gun trying to put together a competent roster that works.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - Jakeospikez - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 05:30 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I’ve noticed the same thing and wondered that too.  The question is what deal does Green make work that doesn’t work without him.  Does he alleviate the need to include #10 in one of these deals.

There have been iterations of Ayton that needed a little more salary.  I think it was THJ/McGee or Bertans/McGee that needed a bit more money.   But adding THJ/Green to a team with Booker and Beal doesn’t make sense.

I could see Cleveland loving Green in a deal for Allen

Toronto may soon be without Trent Jr.  Green as part of a deal for Siakam?

Yea Cleveland for Allen makes a lot of sense. The Wood S&T stuff, Green, THJ. Lots of smoke. They also gave up their 25/27/29 1sts and 26/28 swaps for Mitchell so they may want the Mavs '27 to start restocking that. Green & '27 is pretty expensive though idk.

Raps seem like they're big game hunting for some playmaker so I doubt the Mavs have anything they want.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - loki - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 07:34 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What kinda message does that send to Luka making KI the highest paid? He's not the best player on the team. Cuban is  playing with fire if he does that, especially if like the end of last season showed us that him and Luka aren't a fit.

I disagree about the fit, but either way I don't think Kyrie making more sends any message. It's just a product of the CBA allowing more experienced players to earn a higher % of the cap. Luka knows the Mavs would pay him a 35% max as well if it were legal.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - omahen - 06-20-2023

Fisher provided some info on his talk with Kevin Gray and Grant Afseth (everything of course his opinions based on what he is hearing):
- Mavs are trading the pick
- don't have your hopes up for Draymond Green
- GSW is aiming higher than #10 with Kuminga and 19

https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/status/1670959017324158976

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: Mavs only "serious" bidders for Kyrie. - loki - 06-20-2023

(06-20-2023, 05:55 AM)omahen Wrote: - GSW is aiming higher than #10 with Kuminga and 19

I doubt anyone with a top 9 pick is taking that offer. Maybe someone will fall that they like.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Stein: PHX reached out for SnT for Kyrie, Mavs declined - SleepingHero - 06-20-2023

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1671194570841894912?s=20

Quote:Phoenix reached out to Dallas about a potential sign-and-trade for Kyrie Irving earlier in the offseason, per
@IanBegley

“Dallas, presumably, wasn’t interested in what the Suns offered at the time. If the Mavs were blown away by the offer, logic says that Irving would be a Sun today