MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - BigDirk41 - 06-05-2023

Hypothetically is there a way to acquire LeBron and keep Luka/Kyrie. LeBron is old AF, but a specimen. He could play the 5 here.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - DanSchwartzgan - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 10:54 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: LOL.  Had to double check this was not a parody account.  Hilarious.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1665747152327389186

Oh they are all coming out.    LOL

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1665748449260883968

Good grief.  What is the cost of a 38 year old diva who can walk in a year (you know, besides the $37mm-plus of outgoing salaries needed to match).

If he wants to take a buyout and sign for the MLE, fine.  But a full on trade?  That scares me to death.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - ItsGoTime - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 11:45 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Good grief.  What is the cost of a 38 year old diva who can walk in a year (you know, besides the $37mm-plus of outgoing salaries needed to match).

If he wants to take a buyout and sign for the MLE, fine.  But a full on trade?  That scares me to death.
Ya, I was just about to look and see what that package looks like. Also this:

https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/status/1665749137701101568?s=46&t=JCZO73vrym-K0Hu3J5z54Q

[/url]And this:

[url=https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1622691147536601119?s=20]https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1622691147536601119?s=20

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - Nowitzki Way - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 11:45 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Good grief.  What is the cost of a 38 year old diva who can walk in a year (you know, besides the $37mm-plus of outgoing salaries needed to match).

Lebron gets what he wants. If, and its a big IF, he really wants out of L.A. and demands a trade to Dallas. It will happen. I just highly doubt all of this to be true.

Salary matching would be simple right? THJ and Bertans is where we start.  Do we throw in Hardy or Green or #10? Or all of it?

A team with Luka, Lebron, and Kyrie has to be the most talented big 3 we've seen lately. If not ever.

(06-05-2023, 11:52 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ya, I was just about to look and see what that package looks like. Also this:

https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/status/1665749137701101568?s=46&t=JCZO73vrym-K0Hu3J5z54Q

[/url]And this:

[url=https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1622691147536601119?s=20]https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1622691147536601119?s=20

Crap.  This is going to happen isn’t it.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - F Gump - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 11:41 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Hypothetically is there a way to acquire LeBron and keep Luka/Kyrie. LeBron is old AF, but a specimen. He could play the 5 here.

LA won't trade Lebron noway nohow, so that's that.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - Nowitzki Way - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 12:40 PM)F Gump Wrote: LA won't trade Lebron noway nohow, so that's that.

I dont know. In a normal world they would never consider it. Unless they get a boatload of picks and a young star or two. We have neither.

But Lebron has forced his way out of places and to places before. He runs the NBA. If he wants Dallas, he gets Dallas.

I'm wondering if the threats to retire are tied to this. He goes to them and says, "i'll retire if you dont trade me to Dallas."  So you can get back some value or nothing at all.

(06-05-2023, 12:43 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: I dont know. In a normal world they would never consider it. Unless they get a boatload of picks and a young star or two. We have neither.

But Lebron has forced his way out of places and to places before. He runs the NBA. If he wants Dallas, he gets Dallas.

I'm wondering if the threats to retire are tied to this. He goes to them and says, "i'll retire if you dont trade me to Dallas."  So you can get back some value or nothing at all.

I agree. LeBron gets what he wants. He always has. We'd have to give up Hardy and Green and whatever picks we are allowed to trade, but not sure how we get their money wise.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - Jakeospikez - 06-05-2023

(06-04-2023, 09:06 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: [Image: 350827288_207178882225617_13522950111078...e=6481CB3B]

These Spurs dudes are probably done with their tank rebuild era and are gonna be coming back strong really soon.

(06-05-2023, 12:43 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: I dont know. In a normal world they would never consider it. Unless they get a boatload of picks and a young star or two. We have neither.

I know LBJ can push to get his way, but how many times has his team simply traded him, even when he began making rumbles about leaving? Zero. He leverages his contract, where they cater to him with whatever deal he specifies, but no trade.

It's always been a change as a free agent signing. (On paper, he made the move to MIA in a snt, but that was after he had chosen to sign with them as a free agent.) And he's not a free agent. As for the idea he will retire, it's nonsense, as he knows Father Time is hot on his heels, and he won't waste a year.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - Mavs2021 - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 01:06 PM)F Gump Wrote: I know LBJ can push to get his way, but how many times has his team simply traded him, even when he began making rumbles about leaving? Zero. He leverages his contract, where they cater to him with whatever deal he specifies, but no trade.

It's always been a change as a free agent signing. (On paper, he made the move to MIA in a snt, but that was after he had chosen to sign with them as a free agent.) And he's not a free agent. As for the idea he will retire, it's nonsense, as he knows Father Time is hot on his heels, and he won't waste a year.

Even if I had to find another sport to write about, I couldn´t have resisted to say: So you will give up playing with your son and quit 1400 points shy of 40.000, when all you need do is to hang around another 12 months. Shut the f*ck up, man. Big Grin

I fully believe Bron will opt our and sign with whoever team drafts Bronny in 12 months. He knows he´s not winning another title. It´s all about 40k and his son. Therefore maybe the Lakers actually do decide to fleece a team in a trade for a 39 year old stat-chaser that is likely to leave in 12 months.

Luckily I think the Mavs don´t have enough assets to get LeBron. Even if #10, 2027 unprotected, Hardy, Green and Kleber might get this done, how do you stop LeBron from leaving in 12 months, when you literally have no draft picks or assets to trade for Bronny. LeBron will simply bail. So it´s a 12 months rental.

Russell/Schroeder
Reaves/Hardy
Green/Hendricks
Hachimura/Vanderbilt
Davis/Kleber/Bamba

You know what. I´m the Lakers I´d actually do that trade. Cry

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-irving-is-reportedly-trying-to-recruit-lebron-james-to-the-dallas-mavericks-155512791.html

More of the same rumor

(06-05-2023, 01:36 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-irving-is-reportedly-trying-to-recruit-lebron-james-to-the-dallas-mavericks-155512791.html

More of the same rumor

Oh and Bron is getting foot surgery, too. So he might miss half the season, then try to recover playing shape as a 39 year old and his contract is expiring with a high chance of leaving. Oh shit this might be more credible than I anticipated. It actually sounds like a classic Mavs trade, where nobody would even consider giving up any major assets for a 39 year olds three healthy months rental except one guy. Undecided

Or Cuban plans another tank and we draft Bronny in the top 10. Big Grin

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 12:57 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: These Spurs dudes are probably done with their tank rebuild era and are gonna be coming back strong really soon.

Besides the Spurs, overall the Heat and Celtics have been more successful than Dallas over those 20 yrs, despite a lower winning percentage. Go figure...

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - Chicagojk - 06-05-2023

The whole Lebron thing is a waste of time. I thought for a bit when the Lakers were struggling last year, that him in Dallas at next years trade deadline was possible if the Lakers continued to struggle. This was before Kyrie. Obviously the Lakers turned things around and I expect Lebron will be in LAL all next year. After that, we will see. He is going to get desperate and do everything possible to get to championship #5 in time. Will his body hold up? We will see.

With the new salary cap, it makes no sense to pay all three when none are great defensive players. Lebron isn't going to take a MLE type salary either. psst...I would trade Kyrie straight up for Lebron though.

Kyrie really is an odd dude. Maybe this didn't come from him, but just way out there thinking imo.

Kyrie's perception among players is polar opposite to media response. He is respected and loved. Players want him on their team, and want to play with him.

For that reason, I take with a grain of salt the idea that he's a bad seed. I think his time in BKN was a PR disaster for him, but a large part of it was him being caught in government absurdity that he didn't cause and that frustrated fans, and then BKN FO treated him with disrespect after that (there's no question they wanted him gone, actively looking for a deal, and made it impossible for him to decide to stay).

(06-05-2023, 02:42 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The whole Lebron thing is a waste of time.  I thought for a bit when the Lakers were struggling last year, that him in Dallas at next years trade deadline was possible if the Lakers continued to struggle.  This was before Kyrie.  Obviously the Lakers turned things around and I expect Lebron will be in LAL all next year.  After that, we will see.    He is going to get desperate and do everything possible to get to championship #5 in time.  Will his body hold up?  We will see. 

With the new salary cap, it makes no sense to pay all three when none are great defensive players.  Lebron isn't going to take a MLE type salary either.  psst...I would trade Kyrie straight up for Lebron though. 

Kyrie really is an odd dude.  Maybe this didn't come from him, but just way out there thinking imo.

You sure? From what I read Bronny is nowhere near good enough to go top 8-ish, even with the name recognition, so that means the team he´ll land on will likely be contender-ish,but also have no capspace. So what options does LeBron have if the Lakers refuse to play ball. This will actually be a crazy situation.

I root for Charlotte to take Bronny, just so Jordan can become Bron´s daddy. That would be the most MJ move ever. Big Grin

RE: MAVS NEWS: Waiting for Draft/FA to start - ThisIStheYear - 06-05-2023

Sounds like Kyrie is just having some fun with the idea that Lebron is recruiting him to LA by saying he’s the one recruiting Lebron to Dallas. It’s pretty clever, but it can’t be real, right? I may be in the minority, but I’d take Lebron. I wouldn’t pay to high a price. #10 and the salary match is as far as I’d go, and that’s even kind of difficult because Lebron doesn’t have much left, especially on defense. He was amazing in the playoffs this year though, on a bad foot. It’s not the best fit with Luka and Kyrie either. But he’s a top 3 all time player and still top 15.

(06-05-2023, 02:42 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The whole Lebron thing is a waste of time.  I thought for a bit when the Lakers were struggling last year, that him in Dallas at next years trade deadline was possible if the Lakers continued to struggle.   

With the new salary cap, it makes no sense to pay all three when none are great defensive players.  

I have objections to this, but this isn't the reason.  My main objection is the assets it would take.  If we were just salary matching for a year or two of Lebron, great.  Get your business done before all these restrictions kick in an live with the consequences for a season or two.  Some combination of Reggie, Bertans Maxi and Tim will get you there and I'm fine with that.  Even if you said, 'well, they need to get our 2027 pick to replace the one that they dealt away last season'.  I can live with that.

But it starts to get really painful for a short term fix when people start talking about 2027 and #10, Hardy and Green.  I get that we'd be buying a potential championship, but Le-GM always leaves disaster in his wake every time he moves on.  The more young assets we send, the more likely we are a disaster 3 years from now.

My other objection is it just feels like a shortcut.  We aren't smart enough to put in the actual work, but we found a way to cheat the system.  Even if we did win it all, it wouldn't be nearly as satisfying as making a series of smart picks and trades and signings and getting there in a more traditional way.

(06-05-2023, 03:11 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Sounds like Kyrie is just having some fun with the idea that Lebron is recruiting him to LA by saying he’s the one recruiting Lebron to Dallas. It’s pretty clever 

I like this explanation.  Hilarious if true.  Also speaks positively about Kyrie seeing Dallas as 'his' team of choice.