MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - omahen - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 11:36 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Why haven’t we heard names from our coaching search?

I think because half the league is looking for head coaches and some of the names mentioned for Mavs also appeared as possibilities for head coaching jobs. Last name I saw for Mavs just today was Vogel (source hoopshype or something like that, too lazy to search it again)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - ItsGoTime - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 11:49 AM)omahen Wrote: I think because half the league is looking for head coaches and some of the names mentioned for Mavs also appeared as possibilities for head coaching jobs. Last name I saw for Mavs just today was Vogel (source hoopshype or something like that, too lazy to search it again)
Ya, right after I posted that I saw the tweet. Vogel has been my “obvious” choice.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 05-16-2023

Vogel would be amazing. Please make this happen. If we have to be stuck with Kidd, that is.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - loki - 05-16-2023

Lindsey must be pretty brave. I would have waited until about 7:15 tonight to make my decision.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - Ghost of Podkolzin - 05-16-2023

It sounds like if Vogel loses out on HC opportunities, we want him on staff. I'm all for getting more big brains in the fold.

Vogel isn’t even being mentioned in coaching searches with HC vacancies.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - KillerLeft - 05-16-2023

The funny thing is that back in the Carlisle days I used to think of Vogel as a clown show coach. Now, two years into Kidd, he’s being mentioned as a kind of savior in a secondary role and I find myself willing to accept that thinking because it represents some kind, ANY kind of hope.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - chaparral - 05-16-2023

I thought I heard the other day that we need 2 bench coaches. Is that correct?

(05-16-2023, 07:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The funny thing is that back in the Carlisle days I used to think of Vogel as a clown show coach. Now, two years into Kidd, he’s being mentioned as a kind of savior in a secondary role and I find myself willing to accept that thinking because it represents some kind, ANY kind of hope.
Oh, I don’t think of him as any savior. I think he’s mostly gonna solidify Kidd’s thinking. I just think it’s the most obvious choice given their history together and that Vogel hasn’t even been mentioned as a desired coach for a year now.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - cow - 05-16-2023

Fire Kidd. Hire Monty which solidifies that we will not trade for Ayton. Win-Win-Win

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - omahen - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 05:02 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Vogel isn’t even being mentioned in coaching searches with HC vacancies.

(3) Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Sixers’ search for a new coach is expected to include Mike Budenholzer, Sam Cassell, Mike D’Antoni, Nick Nurse, Frank Vogel and Monty Williams, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - Chicagojk - 05-19-2023

I was listening to the take dat back with you podcast this morning and Demaris said Lindsey is with the Mavs front office in Chicago this week. Although he mentioned his role is a consultant role and it was part time. Has this been reported before?

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - omahen - 05-19-2023

(05-19-2023, 07:48 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I was listening to the take dat back with you podcast this morning and Demaris said Lindsey is with the Mavs front office in Chicago this week.  Although he mentioned his role is a consultant role and it was part time.  Has this been reported before?

Yes Smile I posted a link from Stein saying Lindsay is (will be at the time) in Chicago a week or so ago.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Greg St. Jean Fired - From Dirk to Luka - 05-19-2023

(05-05-2023, 08:56 PM)Branduil Wrote: Why does it matter who said it? Anyone who's critical of Mark's clown shitshow is honestly underselling it at this point. It's a group of useless yes-man and the most useless moron of them all, Cuban, and they've spent the last few years rubbing a diamond in manure because they're incapable of taking advantage of getting gifted a generational player.
Really need that like button back...exactly how i feel

RE: MAVS NEWS: Greg St. Jean Fired - ballsrchr - 05-19-2023

(05-19-2023, 11:21 AM)From Dirk to Luka Wrote: Really need that like button back...exactly how i feel

We can use the old "+41".  In fact...I think I will.

(05-05-2023, 08:56 PM)Branduil Wrote: Why does it matter who said it? Anyone who's critical of Mark's clown shitshow is honestly underselling it at this point. It's a group of useless yes-man and the most useless moron of them all, Cuban, and they've spent the last few years rubbing a diamond in manure because they're incapable of taking advantage of getting gifted a generational player.

+41

RE: MAVS NEWS: Greg St. Jean Fired - From Dirk to Luka - 05-19-2023

(05-19-2023, 09:52 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: We can use the old "+41".  In fact...I think I will.

+41

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 05-20-2023

(05-16-2023, 07:11 PM)chaparral Wrote: I thought I heard the other day that we need 2 bench coaches.  Is that correct?

Would have been easier to just fire Kidd.
Cuban is making things too complicated.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - Scott41theMavs - 05-20-2023

Fearful prediction: Cuban finally fires Kidd - to sign Doc Rivers.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - DanSchwartzgan - 05-20-2023

From Stein this morning:

The Mavericks, league sources say, want to have a thorough handle on their drafting options before they make a firm commitment to trading out of the first round now that they've (narrowly) retained their top-10-protected pick in Round 1 that would have been conveyed to New York had it fallen any lower than No. 10 in Tuesday's lottery. The expectation in rival front offices, when it comes to the Mavericks' selection, nonetheless continues to be that they will try to package No. 10 with, say, Tim Hardaway Jr. and/or Dāvis Bertāns and/or JaVale McGee in a trade to be consummated after Dallas makes the pick
? The Mavericks' trade interest in Phoenix's Deandre Ayton, league sources maintain, has been overstated to this point. While Ayton does have some fans in the organization, there are likewise questions about the former No. 1 overall pick's ability to live up to the $102-plus million left on Ayton's contract over the next three seasons. I don’t get any sense at this juncture that Ayton is Dallas’ top trade target.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Dennis Lindsay signs according to Stein - Jmaciscool - 05-20-2023

(05-20-2023, 10:43 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Fearful prediction: Cuban finally fires Kidd - to sign Doc Rivers.

Not a fan of either, but I'd rather have Doc than Kidd at this point tbh