MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - omahen - 04-06-2023

Ha, ha, ha, this Dallas news article is just lol on so many levels. Even if Cuban is just taking the blame to not throw Nico and Kidd under the bus, it actually makes them look more stupid. Basically saying Nico is a puppet and Cuban is making decisions Nico is supposed to be hired to do. 

On the Brunsons front. No idea what Brunsons dad motive would be to lie about Mavs not accepting the extension. It would be just stupid for him to lie like that. On the other hand it is pretty clear what Cubans motive to lie is. That text exchange from LATE January doesn't really prove anything. Article itself says that (allegedly) Brunsons representatives came to Dallas with the 55 mil extension in EARLY January. Could those obviously unrealistic demands from LATE January be a result of rejected deal in EARLY January? I see a world where this is possible. 

As for the summer things related to Brunson. Basically everyone knew what Knicks offer to Brunson was, well before June 30th. Cuban however claims he didn't know. It also indicates that while it is clear to everyone that discussions are done way before June 30th, Cuban makes it look like Mavs are the only ones waiting till June 30th to discuss. Even with own players...

(04-05-2023, 01:34 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Nice knowing you THJ

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1643663589297750017?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

I totally agree Luka is not a leader. What THJ Sr is saying without saying it is also, that THJ Jr is not a leader Smile

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - omahen - 04-06-2023

I listened to that Sr clip and it has so many gems in it. He said SD was a defensive anchor Smile He said Mavs were good and nothing needed to be fixed...

Also, if this really is a full clip, THJ Sr never said Luka is a crybaby...

(1) Legion Hoops on Twitter: "Full clip from @TheCartonShow:" / Twitter

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - ItsGoTime - 04-06-2023

I also have no clue who Dorian Finley Smith is.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - cow - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 02:04 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I also have no clue who Dorian Finley Smith is.

He plays for the bizarro world Mavs that Sr. was watching where Dinwiddie was a defensive force.  This team has not looked good for any stretch of the season.

(1) Tim MacMahon on Twitter: "Tim Hardaway Jr. requested to speak to @CallieCaplan and me to make it clear that he wasn’t happy with his dad’s criticism of Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving as leaders. “I disagree with it 1000%” https://t.co/Wy1zol4HSE" / Twitter

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - loki - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 02:04 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I also have no clue who Dorian Finley Smith is.

He's a defensive stud that also goes by Dirty Filthy Snasty

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 04-07-2023

Winning tonight will be such a gut punch to our future.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - SleepingHero - 04-07-2023

The Mavs should've flushed the season after the 4 game losing streak with back 2 back losses against Charlotte.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - omahen - 04-09-2023

It will be a funny game tonight Smile

(1) Tim MacMahon on Twitter: "The Spurs, who are tied with the Rockets for the NBA’s second-worst record, present a major challenge for the Mavs today. San Antonio’s looooooooong injury report: https://t.co/8ou3WTXUxl" / Twitter

One of the worst teams without their best players against Mavs desperately trying to lose. This will be a coaching masterpiece Smile

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - SleepingHero - 04-09-2023

The NBA needs to launch an investigation into the Spurs now.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - hakeemfaan - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 11:16 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: The NBA needs to launch an investigation into the Spurs now.

Many teams do this when a generational talent is the prize but they don’t openly come and say it. They trade some of their best players. Other players the medical staff will downgrade even for the smallest of niggles. 

The 76ers Process talk was well known and even mentioned on national broadcasts. 

Where the league has to investigate it is when someone on the team pretty much states they are intentionally tanking like Kidd did the other night 

I said then the league will be forced to investigate this. “Forced” is the key word. Do you think the league wants to do this? What choice do they have though when a snitch within the organization openly says they have been told to tank?  The NBA will otherwise get asked in the media how they are letting this go. With other teams there is plausible deniability   

You can almost see Silver groaning when he read Kidd’s words knowing now his office will have to get involved when they could have just turned a blind eye if the Mavs did this the same way other teams are doing it.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - Chicagojk - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 01:47 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Many teams do this when a generational talent is the prize but they don’t openly come and say it. They trade some of their best players. Other players the medical staff will downgrade even for the smallest of niggles. 

The 76ers Process talk was well known and even mentioned on national broadcasts. 

Where the league has to investigate it is when someone on the team pretty much states they are intentionally tanking like Kidd did the other night 

I said then the league will be forced to investigate this. “Forced” is the key word. Do you think the league wants to do this? What choice do they have though when a snitch within the organization openly says they have been told to tank?  The NBA will otherwise get asked in the media how they are letting this go. With other teams there is plausible deniability   

You can almost see Silver groaning when he read Kidd’s words knowing now his office will have to get involved when they could have just turned a blind eye if the Mavs did this the same way other teams are doing it.

This is all going to end with the Mavs winning today and losing the coin flip.  Thus losing their pick.

Then the nba will investigate and determine the Mavs did tank the Bulls game due to Kidd’s words.  Nba will fine Cuban and they tell him as punishment he needs to continue to make basketball decisions.

Ok probably not, but it would be a chef kiss to end the most dysfunctional season.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - cow - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 01:52 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is all going to end with the Mavs winning today and losing the coin flip.  Thus losing their pick.

Then the nba will investigate and determine the Mavs did tank the Bulls game due to Kidd’s words.  Nba will fine Cuban and they tell him as punishment he needs to continue to make basketball decisions.

Ok probably not, but it would be a chef kiss to end the most dysfunctional season.

We get a top 10 pick and our punishment from Silver is to lose the pick.  It's like poetry.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - ItsGoTime - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 01:52 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is all going to end with the Mavs winning today and losing the coin flip.  Thus losing their pick.

Best case scenario, Silver uncovers another sexual harassment scandal and forces Cuban to sell the team.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - Mavs2021 - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 02:46 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Best case scenario, Silver uncovers another sexual harassment scandal and forces Cuban to sell the team.

For real. I think the reason they have not tried, is that Cuban would fight them to the death to keep the team. For the Maloofs, Sterling and Sarver it was more of a business, so if you made it uncomfortable enough and came with a decent offer, they´d put up little resistance. Cuban won´t go quietly, therefore the NBA doesn´t want to draw more attention and instead takes the regular donations/fines from the Mavs instead. Between physical violence, sexual harrassment, openly attacking the integrity of umpires/league, publically admitting to tanking repeatedly, blatant lies and messing up every major FO, he should long be forced out.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - hakeemfaan - 04-09-2023

There was a mention on how a generational talent usually means multiple titles. 

Now I know both Dirk and Luka had/have their flaws but Dirk showed in 2011 and in 2006 that he was not even looking for all world players next to him. Give him any of TP/Manu or Shaq or Bynum/Pau/Not drugged out Odom and he wins most likely 3 or 4 titles given what he did with the 2006 and 2011 cast. 

Luka for all his whining is a true transcendent scorer. This guy can come in with a pot belly and there is no defender who can slow him down let alone stop him. 

However he is stuck on a franchise that has the easiest job possible but cannot figure out how to go about it. Avery, Donnie who had mailed it in for many years, Nico, Kidd, The Gambler, … the hits keep coming. Not to mention all the non basketball garbage that happened with the Mavs corporate staff. What a clown show. Give Luka a halfway decent owner and front office and you will see him winning a handful of titles. Plus a lot of his bad behavior is probably frustration at being stuck with this owner and franchise. 

Dirk’s biggest strength was his loyalty. His biggest weakness was also his loyalty. He should have called out Cuban a long time ago. Maybe things would be different. It is too late now and we honestly have one of the worst owners in the game. He might not be a bad guy like Sarver but when it comes to sheer incompetence, Cuban is probably the worst.

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - JamesConway912 - 04-09-2023

https://twitter.com/grantafseth/status/1645191974809481216?s=46&t=-bN4oD2OLU_Ue80HIM_CZQ

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 05:34 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: https://twitter.com/grantafseth/status/1645191974809481216?s=46&t=-bN4oD2OLU_Ue80HIM_CZQ

No surprises here....

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - cow - 04-10-2023

https://twitter.com/SloHoopsFan/status/1645294331841085440
https://twitter.com/SloHoopsFan/status/1645292358219747329
https://twitter.com/SloHoopsFan/status/1645295821892755457

RE: MAVS NEWS: Cuban: Kidd absolutely the coach next season| 3 game losing streak - omahen - 04-11-2023

I didn't know Harisson just started his job. Or is this a quote from two years ago?

(1) Tim MacMahon on Twitter: "Mavs GM Nico Harrison: "I think our job really to keep Luka happy, if you will, is surrounding him by the right players to help him win. And I think Luka's a talent that deserves that."" / Twitter

Smile

(1) Kirk Henderson, Questioning Authority on Twitter: "There’s got to be a way to say this without implying the existing players are dumb and bad" / Twitter

I mean, Nico is right. But some things perhaps shouldn't be said.