MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | 3 gm losing streak - cow - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 03:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1616170505979179008

How many black cats did Mark Cuban cross paths with before the season started?  Geez.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | 3 gm losing streak - Kammrath - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 03:35 PM)cow Wrote: How many black cats did Mark Cuban cross paths with before the season started?  Geez.

Maybe he should stop blatantly lying?

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | 3 gm losing streak - Mavs2021 - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 03:35 PM)cow Wrote: How many black cats did Mark Cuban cross paths with before the season started?  Geez.

It´s the basketball gods telling him to tank for Wembanyama and he refuses to see the light.

...or it´s the basketball gods making fun of the fans, cause Cuban still believes you should compete with Dwight Powell, Davis Bertans and Joel McGee as your frontcourt.  

So who will be the emergency center?

Cousins
Howard
Whiteside
Meyers-Leonard

Cry

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | 3 gm losing streak - HoosierDaddyKid - 01-19-2023

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35467043/nba-power-rankings-celtics-grizzlies-playing-frontrunners-luka-only-carry-mavs-far

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | 3 gm losing streak - SleepingHero - 01-20-2023

(01-19-2023, 12:31 AM)Kammrath Wrote: They need to hold him out longer than he wants. Re-injury would be devastating.

Agreed on Maxi holdout.

At least till after the all-star break if he's making this sort of progress. That'd be another 14 games and a little under a month.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | 3 gm losing streak - Kammrath - 01-20-2023

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1616630393285013506

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | 3 gm losing streak - Kammrath - 01-20-2023

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1616631647193169920

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | 3 gm losing streak - DallasMaverick - 01-20-2023

(01-20-2023, 09:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1616630393285013506

Rounding into form.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | - DallasMaverick - 01-20-2023

So...

Dallas is 2.5 games out of 3rd place in the West.

They are also 2.5 games away from being out of the playoffs altogether.

I'm sayin that it could go either way...

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | - loki - 01-21-2023

(01-20-2023, 10:25 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: So...

Dallas is 2.5 games out of 3rd place in the West.

They are also 2.5 games away from being out of the playoffs altogether.

I'm sayin that it could go either way...

They're certainly going to be very from here. It wouldn't surprise me if they over and over to turn this season into a wonderous nightmare.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | - Kammrath - 01-22-2023

Mavs are 2-6 since getting to 23-17....trending in the wrong direction while last year they were turning it on at this time.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | - MAVS-SLO - 01-22-2023

(01-22-2023, 04:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Mavs are 2-6 since getting to 23-17....trending in the wrong direction while last year they were turning it on at this time.

I don't know why but i've got a bad feeling for a lot of time.

last year we've been waiting for the team to start clicking, now i think we are closer to ''collapsing''.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | - Kammrath - 01-22-2023

(01-22-2023, 04:58 PM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: I don't know why but i've got a bad feeling for a lot of time.

last year we've been waiting for the team to start clicking, now i think we are closer to ''collapsing''.

I will be SHOCKED if this team turns this around. I expect them either to limp into the playoffs around 0.500 or shut Luka down and tank.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | - MAVS-SLO - 01-22-2023

(01-22-2023, 05:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I will be SHOCKED if this team turns this around. I expect them either to limp into the playoffs around 0.500 or shut Luka down and tank.

Agree.

I still think we can be in the playoffs this year, but there is no way this roster can go further than 1 round of playoff.

I would be happy if we can get someone like Oubre or Kuzma (for cheap) until TDL, that can help us, but to become real contender we will need to wait until summer and big trade. Which will be decisive for the Luka future in Dallas (if it fails like Porzingis).

Also, don't forget Wood can easily walk away in the summer...

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1617289308494348289

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 24th D | 15th Net | 5th in West | - Kammrath - 01-23-2023

[Image: Screenshot-2023-01-22-11.27.30-PM.png]

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 01-23-2023

(01-22-2023, 05:14 PM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: I would be happy if we can get someone like Oubre or Kuzma (for cheap) until TDL, that can help us, but to become real contender we will need to wait until summer and big trade.

I agree on Oubre. He can help but I wouldn't be too hopeful that guy makes a whole lot of difference.

Kuzma however is a different story.

While I do see the pairing of Siakam and Luka would be really, really, really good, I don't think Luka needs a guy like Siakam to contend. I'm all for Siakam but a player a tier or two below him is enough. If the Mavs can get 2 Kuzma level players, I'm going to sleep well knowing Luka has help.

I'm hoping the trade Mav fans are all hoping for with the picks on hand lands them Siakam. But if an opportunity to get Kumza presents itself now that doesn't involve Green and Wood, I'd take it and run.

If Kuz is on the Mavs right now, he'd be the second best player (better than Wood). And if they keep Wood, IMho, all they need would be an upgrade over SD and a defensive stretch big to give Maxi some minutes of rest.

Let's name names though.
The SD upgrade could be someone like Lonzo Ball.
Maxi sub/upgrade could one of the Jaden McDaniels, Isaac, Vanderbilt.

Luka+Kuz+Wood+Green+any PG-big combo of those guys above is a top 2 seed in the West.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 25th D | 17th Net | 5th in West | - MAVS-SLO - 01-23-2023

(01-23-2023, 03:49 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I agree on Oubre. He can help but I wouldn't be too hopeful that guy makes a whole lot of difference.

Kuzma however is a different story.

While I do see the pairing of Siakam and Luka would be really, really, really good, I don't think Luka needs a guy like Siakam to contend. I'm all for Siakam but a player a tier or two below him is enough. If the Mavs can get 2 Kuzma level players, I'm going to sleep well knowing Luka has help.

I'm hoping the trade Mav fans are all hoping for with the picks on hand lands them Siakam. But if an opportunity to get Kumza presents itself now that doesn't involve Green and Wood, I'd take it and run.

If Kuz is on the Mavs right now, he'd be the second best player (better than Wood). And if they keep Wood, IMho, all they need would be an upgrade over SD and a defensive stretch big to give Maxi some minutes of rest.

Let's name names though.
The SD upgrade could be someone like Lonzo Ball.
Maxi sub/upgrade could one of the Jaden McDaniels, Isaac, Vanderbilt.

Luka+Kuz+Wood+Green+any PG-big combo of those guys above is a top 2 seed in the West.

Oubre can be similar story to Wood in my opinion.

I think we can get him on the cheap and we don't have any player on this roster (3/4) with his quality. With Oubre on this team i'm certain this team would have 3-4 more wins for now.

Kuzma is different story. I think he is currently most ''gettable'' point forward in the league. He would be massive upgrade on this roster i'm just curius what would they want for him.

Any of those 2 on this roster, with available draft picks in the summer can turn things in other direction.

I completly agree on Siakam. I would also include complete Raptors roster on this. Siakam, OG, FVV.. Are all good, but for a big trade we should be targeting and giving multiple firsts for someone on 2-1 who can take the ball when Luka have nights off.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 24th D | 15th Net | 5th in West | - omahen - 01-23-2023

(01-23-2023, 04:24 AM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: Oubre can be similar story to Wood in my opinion.

I agree Oubre can put up big numbers. Similar to Wood. But can he convert that numbers towards winning? I think Mavs need to first determine that with Wood and deal with this situation before doubling down. I think it is far from clear you can build a contending team with him as a starter. Oubre would not be gettable for free (perhaps not a FRP, perhaps several seconds could do it) and needs another contract in a couple of months. I am reluctant.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 7th O | 24th D | 15th Net | 5th in West | - mvossman - 01-23-2023

(01-23-2023, 07:33 AM)omahen Wrote: I agree Oubre can put up big numbers. Similar to Wood. But can he convert that numbers towards winning? I think Mavs need to first determine that with Wood and deal with this situation before doubling down. I think it is far from clear you can build a contending team with him as a starter. Oubre would not be gettable for free (perhaps not a FRP, perhaps several seconds could do it) and needs another contract in a couple of months. I am reluctant.

Oubre might be able to put up big numbers, but he does it inefficiently.  His 3 has always been in the low 30s and his TS the low to mid 50s.  Wood on the other hand shoots in the upper 30s from 3 and a TS generally over 60.  They are not in the same league offensively and have similar questions defensively (low BBIQ).  He feels a little bit like Levert to me (without any ability to pass the ball).  Having guys that can do things on the court does not matter if they do them with low efficiency.  Golden State completely turned around Wiggins career, but they cut bait with Oubre.  If they can't turn him into something, I doubt the Mavs can.