MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - SleepingHero - 12-22-2022

https://twitter.com/mazurfocus/status/1605953755605630976

Not sure how accurate this is but YEEESH I hate that.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - F Gump - 12-22-2022

That's an awful summary tweet. Heavy offered up some trade ideas suggested by NBA people, but not any statement that Mavs have made any specific offer at all.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - KillerLeft - 12-22-2022

(12-22-2022, 03:25 PM)F Gump Wrote: That's an awful summary tweet. Heavy offered up some trade ideas suggested by NBA people, but not any statement that Mavs have made any specific offer at all.

Thank goodness. 

I try to remember that people lie to us with this sensational tweets/headlines, but sometimes I forget. Thank you!

I certainly hope this deal, with these details, isn't something that is/will be under actual consideration.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - ItsGoTime - 12-22-2022

(12-22-2022, 03:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Thank goodness. 

I try to remember that people lie to us with this sensational tweets/headlines, but sometimes I forget. Thank you!

I certainly hope this deal, with these details, isn't something that is/will be under actual consideration.
Yes, I’d much rather go after the Hachimura angle where we probably don’t give up too much to get him.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - DanSchwartzgan - 12-22-2022

(12-22-2022, 03:25 PM)F Gump Wrote: That's an awful summary tweet. Heavy offered up some trade ideas suggested by NBA people, but not any statement that Mavs have made any specific offer at all.

I did learn one thing looking at whether this was even a legal trade or not.  Atlanta has two non-guaranteed deals among the 14 players they are carrying (Spotrac).  So, a multiple player deal like the 3 for 1 that was proposed is possible.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - Reunion Mav - 12-22-2022

(12-22-2022, 02:49 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They've got Houston 3 times within a week?   Who made up this crazy schedule this year?  Is it to cut down on travel?

Yes this playing the same team a lot thing was recently a part of reducing travel and back to backs. I hope all of these teams but us get the Holiday lack of effort blahs. Let the tanking escalate for them so we don’t have to.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - KillerLeft - 12-22-2022

(12-22-2022, 03:38 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Yes, I’d much rather go after the Hachimura angle where we probably don’t give up too much to get him.

I like Hachimura, probably more than I should, because he's a kind of body type and athlete this roster just doesn't have even one of. 

But, he's not technically a GOOD player. At least not yet, and maybe not ever. I'd just hate to give up Hardy in such a deal, that's all. 

I'm with you on the basic principle of kicking the tires on him, though!

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - F Gump - 12-22-2022

(12-22-2022, 03:52 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I did learn one thing looking at whether this was even a legal trade or not.  Atlanta has two non-guaranteed deals among the 14 players they are carrying (Spotrac).  So, a multiple player deal like the 3 for 1 that was proposed is possible.

Good point.

It's certainly doable at any time, just waive a couple players at the end of the roster. For now, those waivers are at no cost.

But that only lasts another 2 weeks or so, after which they will be guaranteed for the full season.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - Chicagojk - 12-23-2022

Thought this was interesting from Tim Cato.   Each writer gave a bold prediction.

Mavericks will make a trade or two before the deadline: They’ll do this even if it means the team takes a small step back. Remember, that’s what the Porzingis trade was supposed to be last season. The primary benefit of trading him was the added flexibility the team had for the future. That deal worked out better than most could imagine, but I envision Dallas doing something similar as it moves toward the future, where building a title contender around Luka Doncic is the only priority. — Tim Cato

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - KillerLeft - 12-23-2022

(12-23-2022, 02:24 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Thought this was interesting from Tim Cato.   Each writer gave a bold prediction.

Mavericks will make a trade or two before the deadline: They’ll do this even if it means the team takes a small step back. Remember, that’s what the Porzingis trade was supposed to be last season. The primary benefit of trading him was the added flexibility the team had for the future. That deal worked out better than most could imagine, but I envision Dallas doing something similar as it moves toward the future, where building a title contender around Luka Doncic is the only priority. — Tim Cato

Hey, I hope he's right, not only about the action, but also the motivating reason behind it. 

Needs to be said, however, this prediction is brought to us by the same guy who convinced all of us they were for sure about to trade Dwight Powell over the summer, once Wood and McGee came on board.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - F Gump - 12-23-2022

(12-23-2022, 02:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hey, I hope he's right, not only about the action, but also the motivating reason behind it. 

Needs to be said, however, this prediction is brought to us by the same guy who convinced all of us they were for sure about to trade Dwight Powell over the summer, once Wood and McGee came on board.

Yeah, he told us Powell had to be outgoing, and the Mavs definitely had another move lined up and just waiting for something unspecified (was it another playmaker, or another 3-and-D guy, that he told us was certainly on the way).

I think we got cobwebbed waiting for that to happen. Or for him to ever offer a mea culpa.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - cow - 12-23-2022

If the goal is a "small step backwards", hopefully we gather assets rather than spend them this time around.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - Kammrath - 12-23-2022

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1606443402849124352

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - Kammrath - 12-24-2022

https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1606529314467778560

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - Kammrath - 12-24-2022

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/1606559233129979904

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - Chicagojk - 12-24-2022

(12-24-2022, 08:25 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/1606559233129979904

Yes, the offense needs to be way more diverse.   I can't believe I am complaining after Luka scores 50, but still.

It is a little concerning that both Carlisle and Kidd think this is the best way to win.  We have seen Jalen in NYC prove he had a little more that he could have handled on his plate.   I agree with Dinwiddie.  He is shooting really well from 3, but he needs to find a way to get easy baskets/free throw attempts...with Luka on the floor and without.   

There needs to be a way to keep all the benefits of Luka while also involving the others more.   Maybe the answer is for more talented players, but it certainly feels like whoever we get, gets put in this Luka vortex and they run to the corner waiting for an open 3.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 10th O | 16th D | 12th Net | 10th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - cow - 12-24-2022

Houston had two terrible possessions in the final minute.  They probably should have won the game or pushed it into overtime.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 8th O | 16th D | 11th Net | 8th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - omahen - 12-26-2022

All Things Mavs on Twitter: "Dallas is signing wing AJ Lawson to a two-way contract in place of Tyler Dorsey, per @ShamsCharania. Lawson shined for the Mavs Summer League squad. With Dorian Finney-Smith and Josh Green being down with injuries, this signing makes a lot of sense… https://t.co/PHX5qw78tC" / Twitter

RE: MAVS NEWS: 8th O | 16th D | 11th Net | 8th in West | DFS out w/abductor strain - sterlingmallory - 12-26-2022

(12-26-2022, 01:18 PM)omahen Wrote: All Things Mavs on Twitter: "Dallas is signing wing AJ Lawson to a two-way contract in place of Tyler Dorsey, per @ShamsCharania. Lawson shined for the Mavs Summer League squad. With Dorian Finney-Smith and Josh Green being down with injuries, this signing makes a lot of sense… https://t.co/PHX5qw78tC" / Twitter

Interesting. I thought Dorsey was playing well in G League. I guess we could suspect something was up when Dorsey couldn't get minutes with the big team even with all the injuries we've had recently. I didn't know Lawson was available either, last I heard he was on a two way with Minnesota or something. 

It's like the Mavs are slowly but surely doing all the things the fans wanted them to do in the summer. Sign a playmaker in Kemba. Sign Lawson. I wonder what will be next.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 8th O | 16th D | 11th Net | 8th in West | Dorsey waived/Lawson signed - SwisherPrice - 12-26-2022

Finally...Lawson is back! He will make a good replacement for Green, who will probably be out another month or even longer. I also think they are in no rush to bring him back in case they want to preserve his trade value in February