MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:04 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think you have to make that swap to make the money work.  Either that, or Brunson is part of the outgoing.

Or, some guys are just having fun with people like us.

Just to be clear, this is coming straight from Bullock essentially.

Would have to be Bullock/Bertans/Powell to make Harris/Thybulle work. Kind of mixed feelings about that. If Hardaway is included instead of Bertans at that point we’re stupid.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - Mavsfan12 - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Don't see how you got there. Mavs are taking in 41.9. 

Bertans/Bullock/Green= 29 mil. They need to cut another ~4 mil to get there.

It only works if they link it to JB's snt.  Trading out Green for Powell works straight up.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - DanSchwartzgan - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:12 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Just to be clear, this is coming straight from Bullock essentially.

Would have to be Bullock/Bertans/Powell to make Harris/Thybulle work. Kind of mixed feelings about that. If Hardaway is included instead of Bertans at that point we’re stupid.

Just to be clearer, the swap I was talking about was taking Green out of the Bertans/Bullock outgoing and adding Powell instead so the money works.  Sorry if that wasn’t clear.  I’ve added some stuff since the original post.

If it is Powell, Bullock and Bertans for Harris/Thybulle, there is room to add Paul Reed or Jaden Springer or both and the money still work.  In fact, adding a fourth incoming who is a PG (Springer) for only three outgoing helps to make more sense of the Dragic non-signing.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - F Gump - 07-04-2022

1 IMO too much being made out of tomfoolery pics
2 I wouldn't trade Bullock for Harris even up, if salary match wasn't required, because the salary sizes do alter values of players.
3  I don't lust after Thybulle because the offense is so bad. It's informative that PHI has been trying like mad all summer to get someone to take him, and no success.
4 I really like RB on this team. I think he's the type you should build around, not sell off.

The presence of Bertans and Powell doesn't bother me enough to want to move Bullock to be rid of them. Unless PHI wants to send Maxey, then we can talk.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - SleepingHero - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:04 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: A 4 for 3 with one of the four being a PG (Springer) helps the Dragic thing make more sense.

Just an aside, Springer's played 2 games in the NBA and looks to be China bound. To forego Dragic for him to me is an asinine play.

Not saying they did that, but like you mentioned there is a logical holdup to the deal.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - Mavsfan12 - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:12 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Just to be clear, this is coming straight from Bullock essentially.

I am of the opinion that Bertans is an absolute must in a Harris trade because Bertans/THJ currently have roles - even if Betans' role is limited.  With Harris here and THJ gone, Bertans has zero value and is 3 years of complete dead weight.  That would be financially untenable and is an added cost of trading for the already overpriced Harris.  Mavs couldn't do that - over 1/3 of the cap in your stretch 4 budget with neither a plus defender?  Fatal.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - SleepingHero - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:19 PM)F Gump Wrote: The presence of Bertans and Powell doesn't bother me enough to want to move Bullock to be rid of them. Unless PHI wants to send Maxey, then we can talk.

Do you think it's realistic for Morey to ship off Maxey in order to create the 2018 Rockets 2.0 with Embiid? Cause I don't. 

There were Eric Gordon rumors earlier this week too. I agree with you, this deal doesn't make sense whatsoever. Unless Maxey is included I don't see how the Mavs benefit at all.

(07-04-2022, 06:21 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Do you think it's realistic for Morey to ship off Maxey in order to create the 2018 Rockets 2.0 with Embiid? Cause I don't. 

There were Eric Gordon rumors earlier this week too. I agree with you, this deal doesn't make sense whatsoever. Unless Maxey is included I don't see how the Mavs benefit at all.

They aren't trading Maxey... nor should they.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:18 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Just to be clearer, the swap I was talking about was taking Green out of the Bertans/Bullock outgoing and adding Powell instead so the money works.  Sorry if that wasn’t clear.  I’ve added some stuff since the original post.

If it is Powell, Bullock and Bertans for Harris/Thybulle, there is room to add Paul Reed or Jaden Springer or both and the money still work.  In fact, adding a fourth incoming who is a PG (Springer) for only three outgoing helps to make more sense of the Dragic non-signing.

Ah ya gotcha. I was commenting on the idea of a couple folks just trying to mess with us. Wasn’t sure if you had noticed that the posts were coming straight from Reggie’s account. Was just trying to clear up that confusion in case it existed.

(07-04-2022, 06:24 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: They aren't trading Maxey... nor should they.

Sixers have to give something to get something.

Harris is making 38 million next season. Thybulle is a one dimensional guard who's offense makes Green's look passable. Bullock is the exact kind of wing they'd want around Embiid/Harden. 

So if Maxey isn't in the deal I'm not interested.

(07-04-2022, 06:19 PM)F Gump Wrote: 1 IMO too much being made out of tomfoolery pics
2 I wouldn't trade Bullock for Harris even up, if salary match wasn't required, because the salary sizes do alter values of players.
3  I don't lust after Thybulle because the offense is so bad. It's informative that PHI has been trying like mad all summer to get someone to take him, and no success.
4 I really like RB on this team. I think he's the type you should build around, not sell off.

The presence of Bertans and Powell doesn't bother me enough to want to move Bullock to be rid of them. Unless PHI wants to send Maxey, then we can talk.

I would normally agree on the “tomfoolery” aspect but I see “oh this person isn’t following so and so teammate anymore” as the stuff people read too much into. This is a lot more legitimate smoke in my opinion.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - Smitty - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Sixers have to give something to get something.

Harris is making 38 million next season. Thybulle is a one dimensional guard who's offense makes Green's look passable. Bullock is the exact kind of wing they'd want around Embiid/Harden. 

I think Maxey is as close to untouchable as it gets for Philly

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - cow - 07-04-2022

Asking for Maxey?

[Image: throw-our-heads-back-laughing.gif]

Mavs will lose this trade and you'll like it.  Maybe Morey will throw in a SRP to ease the pain.

(07-04-2022, 06:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Sixers have to give something to get something.

I agree with you... which is why I don't like it.  Getting off of Bertans/Powell has a lot of value to me.  I would be inclined to take on Harris for that.  But losing Bullock for a one way Thy doesn't do it for me.  I will double down... I don't know that I trade Green for Thy straight up.  Thy is 25, Green 21.  I think that Green is  going to be a better 2 way player than Thy - maybe next season.  I don't view Thy as a starter on this team - and if he isn't, what are we doing trading a guy that was so indispensable that they were playing him nearly 40min per in the playoffs?  I like Harris as a salary dump - not for top end players.  I would have paid more for Wood than I will for Harris.

Edit: Including Harris for Bertans/Powell in the JB snt would save Philly 10.5M in year 1, 22.3M in year 2, and then cost them 5M in year 3.  Obviously, those savings would be compounded by the tax - which would be paid by the Mavs.  Just crazy to expect talent on top of that.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - F Gump - 07-04-2022

I get it that Maxey would be an almost-impossible ask if RB is outgoing. But to me, RB is a key core player here, a 2-way wing who can defend on the perimeter up and down the lineup, AND who doesn't demand shots but who hits them at a high pct when called upon. That's the perfect complement to high-usage stars. I don't let go of that without getting something that will be very valuable and relatively low-priced.

If the price is too high, Daryl, ask us for a player that you can afford.

Not that I think any of this is really happening. I also get why people are reacting to these pics. But I'm just not buying that it's really saying what is being assumed.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - sterlingmallory - 07-04-2022

https://twitter.com/ReggieBullock35/status/1544104770809565186?t=U2V-bgZIE7a7iaBpOI5V6w&s=19

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - Fuerza1 - 07-04-2022

Oh, no. Here comes Morey to take Cuban's candy again.

Yikes, Bullock!!! My Killer B's are leaving me (Brunson, Bullock, Bertans? nah he can go). If Bullock is gone, you have to hold onto Josh Green; would be a huge loss to lose BOTH. 

Never been a fan of Tobias Harris at his current contract. If he's incoming, you can kiss Christian Wood goodbye by the TDL, guaranteed! 

Thybulle, yeah he's worse than Green on offense. And he's RFA next summer? 

I will have to admit, I admire trying something "different" but overall feels like Jamison/Walker, 6th-seed at best type of season.

Well I just watched a bunch of Tobias Harris highlights for nothing.

RE: MAVS NEWS: interest in Thybulle? Kyrie?? | leaving roster spot for future? - BolsDamols - 07-04-2022

We finally signed one of the best fitting parts to Luka in Reggie Bullock, and we are going to trade him??? Common Mavs, we need more players like Bullock, not less. We definitely should trade him for an unquestionable upgrade IF there is one, but not for the likes of Harris/Thybulle.

(07-04-2022, 06:29 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I would normally agree on the “tomfoolery” aspect but I see “oh this person isn’t following so and so teammate anymore” as the stuff people read too much into. This is a lot more legitimate smoke in my opinion.

I stand corrected.