MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - F Gump - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 10:36 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: I think most people just assumed the Mavs had Dragic in their back pocket if they couldn't get anything else done.

Dragic was a gift for them, served up on a platter from heaven. He fit exactly what they needed, the price was perfect (league-subsidized minimum), and he wanted to sign here. It would have taken a special kind of ineptness to mess that one up.

Oops.

This failure completely pantsed Cuban and his hand-picked crew for their ongoing inability to expertly evaluate players, build a roster, and negotiate deals. It also raises big questions about the Mavs ability to understand their own team, as almost everyone in this forum KNEW the Mavs were in dire need of another ball-handling playmaker and that it was having the 3-headed set of defense-attacking playmakers that had made such a difference last season. Not good.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - loki - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 10:28 PM)cow Wrote: The solution is easy.  The draft Gods owe us.

[Image: wembanyama-getty.jpg]

Even the MBT can't screw up the Lukayama monster.

I like Wembys

[Image: wp4123013.jpg]

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - hakeemfaan - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 09:44 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Mavs to start the off-season correctly identified that they need a wing player. They then proceeded to blunder their way into needing a creator. Now they need a creator, wing and one of the decent vet min bigs.

They proceeded to sign JaVale fucking McGee. Lmfaoooooo

Also, there were a shocking low amount of posters who called out the 3rd creator problem. Some still have not done so. It has been now been proven that something as simple as a few quick fouls on Dinwiddie can completely derail a game.

Shout out to KillerLeft for being the most passionate to call this out.

The Mavs’ problems are so bad right now that I’m agreeing with pretty much everything Kamm posts.

Plenty of us called out what losing JB would mean to this team. 

I am on the opposite end when it comes to Kamm’s rants this season. Usually I agree with him. This season not so much. It’s the roster. Is Kidd a keeper as a HC? I don’t know. I do know this roster has a lot of holes and throwing sht on the wall with different combinations is not going to change that. So now we have Kamm blaming Kidd for anything that he feels was a bad off-season move and praising Nico for what he feels were good moves.  Seriously? If we still have a roles and responsibilities issue after what happened at the end of RC’s tenure, blame Cuban. Not Kidd. 

People need to take a step back. This roster has too many one dimensional players and losing out 2nd best player hurts.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Kammrath - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 11:40 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: So now we have Kamm blaming Kidd for anything that he feels was a bad off-season move and praising Nico for what he feels were good moves.

I am NOT praising Nico. I am disgusted by him listening to Kidd. Kidd wanted McGee. Kidd didn't want Dragic. I don't like his roster evals AND I don't like his rotations and coaching (or lack thereof, just sitting back and watching Luka improv) right now. Not everything is on Kidd. But most of what I do not like about this team falls to Kidd having a LOT of power and say.

P.S. The roster sucks. I have been saying that.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - KillerLeft - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 11:40 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: losing out 2nd best player hurts.

I'll say it again: this was a disaster of gargantuan proportion. That so many people were able to simply move on and let Cuban (or Harrison, Kidd, Finley, whomever) off the hook for this shocked me.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - dynamicalVoid - 11-26-2022

How do you not see JB in practice every day, see him ball in games, make shots at all 3 levels, not a knucklehead...and not offer an extension to him that showed you valued him?  Its perplexing if we have all the correct information and there is nothing being held secret.

Anyway...this team lacks basketball players and shot makers.  I think I am done with the "scheme fit" excuse and want better all around basketball players in here...not scheme fit guys only.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Kammrath - 11-27-2022

(11-26-2022, 11:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: a disaster of gargantuan proportion

ONLY this level of disastrous because your coach refuses to sign Dragic for the minimum, who WANTS to be here and gives you 90% of what JB gives you.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - F Gump - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 12:39 AM)Kammrath Wrote: ONLY this level of disastrous because Cuban refuses to sign Dragic for the minimum, who WANTS to be here and gives you 90% of what JB gives you.

FIFY.

Cuban's money, Cuban's process, to arrive at Cuban's decisions

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Mavs2021 - 11-27-2022

I´ll say this. Dragic wasn´t the completely right guy either (down to 7/3, shooting 42/32/57 last ten games), cause he is simply old and might fade over the season.

BUT here are some combinations that the Mavs could have gotten with their resources this summer:

Ricky Rubio/Thomas Bryant
Dennis Schroeder/Andre Drummond
Goran Dragic/Jalen Smith
Javale McGee/Facunda Campazzo

Imagine that you picked option #4.

FIND ME ONE PERSON that has watched any basketball in the last two years, besides the MBT that would pick option #4.

Even if you picked a person that has never in their life watched a basketball game, there is a 75% chance you come away with a better outcome than the one the Mavs pro-actively chose.

The level of stupidity it takes to come up with McGee/Campazzo. Even right now you could still find a better two player combination on the free agent market.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Mapka - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 05:49 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I´ll say this. Dragic wasn´t the completely right guy either (down to 7/3, shooting 42/32/57 last ten games), cause he is simply old and might fade over the season.

BUT here are some combinations that the Mavs could have gotten with their resources this summer:

Goran Dragic/Jalen Smith

FIND ME ONE PERSON that has watched any basketball in the last two years, besides the MBT that would pick option #4.

Even if you picked a person that has never in their life watched a basketball game, there is a 75% chance you come away with a better outcome than the one the Mavs pro-actively chose.

The level of stupidity it takes to come up with McGee/Campazzo. Even right now you could still find a better two player combination on the free agent market.

Oh my god am I glad we didn't go after Schröder/Drummond.

Don't know if Rubio is back to playing good basketball after his ACL.

To make it short. That's nothing that changes anything at all.

Not extending Brunson is the problem. And I still can't see how to fix it.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - hakeemfaan - 11-27-2022

(11-26-2022, 11:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am NOT praising Nico. I am disgusted by him listening to Kidd. Kidd wanted McGee. Kidd didn't want Dragic. I don't like his roster evals AND I don't like his rotations and coaching (or lack thereof, just sitting back and watching Luka improv) right now. Not everything is on Kidd. But most of what I do not like about this team falls to Kidd having a LOT of power and say.

P.S. The roster sucks. I have been saying that.

That’s where I vehemently disagree with you. 

You are saying that if Kidd is having too much power or overstepping his bounds then somewhere at some point, the buck eventually stops with Cuban. I am saying it starts and stops immediately with Cuban given the fiasco this franchise just went through in Donnie’s and RC’s last days here with the Gambler also there and no one having a clear idea of the hierarchy. So much so that your generational talent was mocking the coach asking who was really drawing up the lineups.  Not the distant past but the franchise just went through that and the owner turns around and  ets it happens again? 

This is if we are to even believe  that Kidd is calling a lot of the shots.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Chicagojk - 11-27-2022

(11-26-2022, 11:53 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: How do you not see JB in practice every day, see him ball in games, make shots at all 3 levels, not a knucklehead...and not offer an extension to him that showed you valued him?  Its perplexing if we have all the correct information and there is nothing being held secret.

Anyway...this team lacks basketball players and shot makers.  I think I am done with the "scheme fit" excuse and want better all around basketball players in here...not scheme fit guys only.

Just find talent.  That is their job.  Yes, fit is important but at this point they cannot cut the available list of players to only those who fit "Luka Ball".

Also, when I am looking at prospects physical and mental toughness are always high on my list.   That is why I have always been a big Jalen fan.  Playoff basketball is tough.  Not everyone can play when the stakes are so high.   If you don't have that toughness, then I don't want you.  The Mavs have several of these players, but most are struggling now.   When I watch us play this year, it seems like we don't make enough winning plays.  Sure if we shot better it would help things but I think we are lacking toughness and a player or two who connects the team.    I am not sure how we fix that this year.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Chicagojk - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 05:49 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I´ll say this. Dragic wasn´t the completely right guy either (down to 7/3, shooting 42/32/57 last ten games), cause he is simply old and might fade over the season.

Yeah, I really don't understand the 90% Jalen thing.   It is so frustrating.  I really want to move past Jalen, but I am having trouble.  Goran was a layup for this team, but there is a good chance Goran is out of the Bulls rotation as the year goes along.  He was a better short term option than Facu, but that is it.   

I don't know what the options are if Hardaway does not play better.   Is Nico and team collecting awful contracts to sit next to Mark for the next 3 years?   But if he doesn't get better when do you look to make changes with the lineup?  His bad games can't be where he scores less than 4 points and plays around 25 minutes a game.   Those games can't be the norm.    He is viewed as a guy who plays the Clarkson role.   A guy who comes in an scores.   He has not been anywhere close to that so far.  For me, Hardaway is the biggest issue with this team so far.   Bullock is what he is.  He should shoot better (boy I hope he does).  But Hardaway is keeping everything held up.  If he can't produce then he becomes untradeable (he may be already) and this creates a lot of problems on the court and with roster planning.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - KillerLeft - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 08:43 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I really want to move past Jalen, but I am having trouble.

I'm with you, my guy. The best support group I've found meets on Tuesdays, if you're interested.

[Image: GlossyCreepyFurseal-size_restricted.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Jakeospikez - 11-27-2022

Goran Dragic/Jalen Smith

He's still a facilitator. Dragic should have been the last resort. The last resort should definitely not have been give THJ the green light to jack up whatever shot he wants. If the goal is to bump his trade value up he should be reigned in like with Carlisle and strictly told to never take a bad shot ever. None of this random off balance 1 handed floater off of a straight line drive type of junk. Low minutes with high efficiency is a tradable piece and won't trash your team. He should be high volume on catch and shoot 3s only and nothing else.

I don't think Jalen Smith was on the table. Pretty sure he chose Indiana cause they guaranteed him the starting 4 spot. They could not do that here with a team that just came from the WCF and you can't hindsight that guarantee.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - SleepingHero - 11-27-2022

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/z5ejia/mark_cuban_throws_a_tantrum_because_someones/

Surprised no one else posted this. Cuban has a fragile ego. Got to hit him where it hurts to get any action.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - dynamicalVoid - 11-27-2022

That was a dumb move, though.  Even if Mark doesnt care and tells them behind the scenes it was an act to help them...Mark is right.

Why would you risk killing a deal when you have blood sweat tears and money riding on this sales pitch...to jab at Cuban because you love your team the Warriors?   

Maybe these guys are set and dont care if they let their love of the Warriors kill a deal...but its still crazy stupid stunt.  Im sure it was all for TV...but still a dumb move and Im sure those guys would not have done that if cameras were not there and there was something significant riding on this pitch.

I dont think Mark is being sensitive here...I think he is teaching.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - SleepingHero - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 11:52 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I dont think Mark is being sensitive here...I think he is teaching.

I mean at the end of the day it's Mark's money and if he felt disrespected those guys messed up.

But the only reason why Mark is so sensitive here is because the team lost. He wouldn't care one bit if the Mavs beat the Warriors. Maybe if we made more fun of Mark's failures he'd be spurred to actually put together a good team.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Mavs2021 - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 11:42 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/z5ejia/mark_cuban_throws_a_tantrum_because_someones/

Surprised no one else posted this. Cuban has a fragile ego. Got to hit him where it hurts to get any action.

LMAO. What a baby. The look on his face.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Dahlsim - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 11:42 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/z5ejia/mark_cuban_throws_a_tantrum_because_someones/

Amusing if not hilarious.  I'm sure those young men thought Mark would find it funny, they even had their GSW joke prepared. Tongue  I'm reminded of a story an IT executive years ago about what happened when anyone came to certain Microsoft high level marketing and executive meetings to try offer their wares or to work with Microsoft in any respect. 

If they came in with an iPad or even an iPhone, the chances of them getting the deal was zero to none.  Sick 
He said MS would generally not even explain why the suitors were quickly dismissed. 
Of course the corporate relationships have broadened since those days and MS works hand in hand with Apple on several fronts but Mark Cuban's remark about "reading the room" is relevant advice usually kept in the back rooms.