MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: 9th O | 9th D | 7th Net | 10th in West - mvossman - 11-25-2022

(11-25-2022, 10:17 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This is the top 3-man lineup in the entire league.

This is a transition year as we wait for the Knicks pick to convey but this team has talent and Kidd has been fiddling with stuff to figure out what this board has been screaming about for weeks at the cost of 3 to 5 wins in my opinion.  Last year's squad had the issue of poor shooting and Covid at the start of the season and turned it around and this year squad is dealing with the same shooting woes but now it's paired with odd rotations.  Kidd's latest post game presser certainly points to Wood starting this weekend though.

Lasts years team was also dealing with a struggling Luka who didn't get back to MVP shape until later in the season.  It's very concerning we are struggling this much with Luka playing at an MVP level.  It seems clear that Wood/Green are our only chance of getting back to as good as we were last year.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 9th O | 9th D | 7th Net | 10th in West - Kammrath - 11-25-2022

(11-25-2022, 10:25 AM)mvossman Wrote: Lasts years team was also dealing with a struggling Luka who didn't get back to MVP shape until later in the season.  It's very concerning we are struggling this much with Luka playing at an MVP level.  It seems clear that Wood/Green are our only chance of getting back to as good as we were last year.

AMEN. Last year is nothing like this year because of this fact. Luka (the most important player who lifts the boats of everyone else) is way different this year than last.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 9th O | 9th D | 7th Net | 10th in West - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 11-25-2022

(11-25-2022, 10:25 AM)mvossman Wrote: Lasts years team was also dealing with a struggling Luka who didn't get back to MVP shape until later in the season.  It's very concerning we are struggling this much with Luka playing at an MVP level.  It seems clear that Wood/Green are our only chance of getting back to as good as we were last year.

This is a good point. I actually don’t think we can get back to last years results with this roster in this iteration of the western conference but I do think this team is good enough to be a solid playoff team that no one wants to face because we have the best player in any series other than maybe one.

https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1596210929267773440

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1596210797130223616

RE: MAVS NEWS: 9th O | 9th D | 7th Net | 10th in West - sefant - 11-25-2022

(11-25-2022, 10:31 AM)Kammrath Wrote: AMEN. Last year is nothing like this year because of this fact. Luka (the most important player who lifts the boats of everyone else) is way different this year than last.

yes and no. And too much ISO offense has been a bigger problem i guess. Luka 1st and 2nd half are two vastly different players. Coaching staff has to diversify the offense.

1st half -> 63.6 TS %
2nd half -> 56.9 TS %

1st half Luka net rating -> 17.9
2nd half Luka net rating -> -8.7

------

Offense as a team 1st half: 2nd in the league
Offense as a team 2nd half: 27th in the league

(11-25-2022, 10:17 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This is the top 3-man lineup in the entire league.

This is a transition year as we wait for the Knicks pick to convey but this team has talent and Kidd has been fiddling with stuff to figure out what this board has been screaming about for weeks at the cost of 3 to 5 wins in my opinion.  Last year's squad had the issue of poor shooting and Covid at the start of the season and turned it around and this year squad is dealing with the same shooting woes but now it's paired with odd rotations.  Kidd's latest post game presser certainly points to Wood starting this weekend though.

Obviously the team has talent. Mavs are still the best 1st half team in the league, more or less tied with the Celtics. Too bad games aren't over after 24 mins.

Gotta start Wood, and involve him more.

- Wood postups (might not work against every opponent)
- Wood PnR
- Wood ISO
- start Green, maybe for some transition buckets and less half court actions
- maybe starting to experiment with Green more on offense
- less Luka ISOs, where 4 players are watching

(11-25-2022, 03:49 PM)sefant Wrote: yes and no. And too much ISO offense has been a bigger problem i guess. Luka 1st and 2nd half are two vastly different players. Coaching staff has to diversify the offense.

1st half -> 63.6 TS %
2nd half -> 56.9 TS %

------

Yes, 2nd half Luka is a HUGE problem.

But whole game Luka through 17 games last year was on/off -16.2....team worst. This year it is MUCH better overall....+2.9.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 9th O | 9th D | 7th Net | 10th in West - IamDougieFresh - 11-25-2022

If we let Wood cook in the first half it will make it much easier for Luka to break the bad teams in the 3rd and battle good teams in the 4th.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 9th O | 9th D | 7th Net | 10th in West - ItsGoTime - 11-25-2022

(11-25-2022, 05:57 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: If we let Wood cook in the first half it will make it much easier for Luka to break the bad teams in the 3rd and battle good teams in the 4th.
The Josh Howard to Dirk.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 9th O | 9th D | 7th Net | 10th in West - Chicagojk - 11-25-2022

(11-25-2022, 03:49 PM)sefant Wrote: yes and no. And too much ISO offense has been a bigger problem i guess. Luka 1st and 2nd half are two vastly different players. Coaching staff has to diversify the offense.

1st half -> 63.6 TS %
2nd half -> 56.9 TS %

------

It is worrisome in two of the last three games not only are they continuing to play Luka the full third quarter, but they feel like they need to play him to start the fourth.   That smells of desperation.   I would love to be a fly on the wall this summer when this front office was discussing the roster.    They couldn't see this coming???

RE: MAVS NEWS: 9th O | 9th D | 7th Net | 10th in West - WildArkieBoy - 11-25-2022

(11-25-2022, 06:46 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is worrisome in two of the last three games not only are they continuing to play Luka the full third quarter, but they feel like they need to play him to start the fourth.   That smells of desperation.   I would love to be a fly on the wall this summer when this front office was discussing the roster.    They couldn't see this coming???

Our GM's expertise is in sneakers, not rosters.  Kidd's coaching record before Dallas was 183-180 or .504 winning percentage.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Kammrath - 11-26-2022

[Image: Screenshot-2022-11-26-7.14.39-PM.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - IamDougieFresh - 11-26-2022

Ah yes. The Sacramento Kings are literally better than us timeline. Awesome.

Jokes aside, I don’t think and never did think that we have a championship roster. I fed o think that we have the potential of a top 5 team in the west that is being incredibly mismanaged.

(11-26-2022, 08:23 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: think that we have the potential of a top 5 team in the west that is being incredibly mismanaged.

Luka alone gives you a shot of that. 

This team is massively underperforming. It has had an EASY schedule gifted it early along with hugely depleted rosters for the opponent. The Mavs should be 14-4 at minimum with what they have faced. And even with that record they would struggle to get home court for the season in my estimation. Right now they truly look like a team that will struggle to avoid the play-in.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - HoosierDaddyKid - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 08:23 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Ah yes. The Sacramento Kings are literally better than us timeline. Awesome.

Jokes aside, I don’t think and never did think that we have a championship roster. I fed o think that we have the potential of a top 5 team in the west that is being incredibly mismanaged.

They made the WCF last year, but I never had visions of grandeur they would get back this year unless they made a impactful trade. And they are starting to realize how important Brunson was. If he were still here, I believe they wouldn't be hovering around .500

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - KillerLeft - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 08:48 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: And they are starting to realize how important Brunson was. If he were still here, I believe they wouldn't be hovering around .500

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - IamDougieFresh - 11-26-2022

Mavs to start the off-season correctly identified that they need a wing player. They then proceeded to blunder their way into needing a creator. Now they need a creator, wing and one of the decent vet min bigs.

They proceeded to sign JaVale fucking McGee. Lmfaoooooo

Also, there were a shocking low amount of posters who called out the 3rd creator problem. Some still have not done so. It has been now been proven that something as simple as a few quick fouls on Dinwiddie can completely derail a game.

Shout out to KillerLeft for being the most passionate to call this out.

The Mavs’ problems are so bad right now that I’m agreeing with pretty much everything Kamm posts.

(11-26-2022, 09:44 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: The Mavs’ problems are so bad right now that I’m agreeing with pretty much everything Kamm posts.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - cow - 11-26-2022

The solution is easy.  The draft Gods owe us.

[Image: wembanyama-getty.jpg]

Even the MBT can't screw up the Lukayama monster.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 12th O | 10th D | 7th Net | 11th in West - Jakeospikez - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 09:44 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Mavs to start the off-season correctly identified that they need a wing player. They then proceeded to blunder their way into needing a creator. Now they need a creator, wing and one of the decent vet min bigs.

They proceeded to sign JaVale fucking McGee. Lmfaoooooo

Also, there were a shocking low amount of posters who called out the 3rd creator problem. Some still have not done so. It has been now been proven that something as simple as a few quick fouls on Dinwiddie can completely derail a game.

Shout out to KillerLeft for being the most passionate to call this out.

The Mavs’ problems are so bad right now that I’m agreeing with pretty much everything Kamm posts.

I think most people just assumed the Mavs had Dragic in their back pocket if they couldn't get anything else done. Telling him he wasn't guaranteed minutes here and assuming THJ would pick up the slack is some special kind of idiocy.