MavsBoard
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

RE: MAVS NEWS: Vegas line: DAL 47.5 wins (7th in West) | schedule out - DallasMaverick - 11-06-2022

(11-06-2022, 10:31 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: We could have a player producing better than prime Klay on a rookie contract next to Luka right now.

I'm a big Josh Green believer now, but he will never be Bane Or Klay.

Gonna go vomit now.

I really wish the Mavs had drafted Charles Barkley instead of Sam Perkins, and John Stockton instead of Terence Stansbury back in 1984.

This franchise just has a history of screwing up draft picks.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - IamDougieFresh - 11-07-2022

This one just hits harder because I and many others were calling for the Mavs to draft him since it was so obvious.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - HAguiar95 - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 02:14 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: This one just hits harder because I and many others were calling for the Mavs to draft him since it was so obvious.

I wanted him at #31. Never considered him at #18 (wanted to trade for Vassell or to draft Saddiq Bey).

Imagine the other teams that had multiple chances to pick him:

BOS - Nesmith at #14, Pritchard at #26 and traded #30 (Bane) for dumping Kanter's contract.

DEN - Nnaji at #22, traded for Hampton at #24.

MIN - Traded #17 for #23 and #28 and drafted Bolmato (TO not picked) and McDaniels (promissing, but not Bane).

DET - Hayes at #7, Stewart at #16 and Bey at #19.

NOP - Lewis at #13 and traded #24 to DEN.

UTA - Drafted Azubuike (TO not picked) at #27.

Not to mention OKC, PHO, WAS and CHI that drafted busts with a much higher pick.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - mvossman - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 02:14 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: This one just hits harder because I and many others were calling for the Mavs to draft him since it was so obvious.

I wanted him at 18 as well, but it was not obvious.  He was rated as a late first early second, and I don't think anybody thought he was going to be this good.  I thought he would bring some quality shooting off the bench and might be good enough to be worth the MLE.

The guy we should be comparing Green to is Bey.  Folks were excited he fell down to 18 and he got picked right after Green.  He is a much better offensive player than Green, but a poor defender and 2 years older.  I think Green is a better fit for this team and given that he is 2 years behind on development, that is not nearly as painful a comparison.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - HoosierDaddyKid - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 07:09 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: I wanted him at #31. Never considered him at #18 (wanted to trade for Vassell or to draft Saddiq Bey).

BOS - Nesmith at #14, Pritchard at #26 and traded #30 (Bane) for dumping Kanter's contract.

MIN - Traded #17 for #23 and #28 and drafted Bolmato (TO not picked) and McDaniels (promissing, but not Bane).

Not to mention OKC, PHO, WAS and CHI that drafted busts with a much higher pick.

I bet if Detroit had a re-do at #7, they would have taken Tyrese Halliburton instead.  Hayes has been a major disappointment to me.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - Chicagojk - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 07:09 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: I wanted him at #31. Never considered him at #18 (wanted to trade for Vassell or to draft Saddiq Bey).

That is a good way to look at it.   Losing Bane and for me, Maxey hurts.  On the other hand, we are at least a threat for a championship because we didn't miss the Luka pick.   For example, Milwaukee hasn't had great results in the draft but they drafted Giannis.   They were able to supplement that by making a trade for Middleton before he became good and then their big trade for Jrue.   

One thing that always bothered me about the Mavs is there perceived lack of interest in late first round picks or second round picks.   I always felt they took the lazy approach.  Maybe that is not fair.    My take is regardless where you pick, there is at least one prospect who will be a good NBA player.   Your job as a front office is to find them.   Most teams who are contenders have at least one second round draft pick or undrafted guy who is a key part of their rotation.   The Mavericks have a few, but it has been a while since they found a new one.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - Chicagojk - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 10:21 AM)mvossman Wrote: I wanted him at 18 as well, but it was not obvious.  He was rated as a late first early second, and I don't think anybody thought he was going to be this good.  I thought he would bring some quality shooting off the bench and might be good enough to be worth the MLE.

The guy we should be comparing Green to is Bey.  Folks were excited he fell down to 18 and he got picked right after Green.  He is a much better offensive player than Green, but a poor defender and 2 years older.  I think Green is a better fit for this team and given that he is 2 years behind on development, that is not nearly as painful a comparison.

Bey was probably the most popular pick here....he was not mine.  

Tells you a lot in retrospect, our bitcoin GM and or GM for life have been in a public battle on that pick previously and it may turn out both were wrong with their decision.   Pretty much sums up Cuban's front office.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - Kammrath - 11-08-2022

https://twitter.com/MavsTracker/status/1589793229817643008

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - Kammrath - 11-08-2022

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1589851770163187714

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - BoredAssistant - 11-08-2022

The City Edition court looks nice.  I can smell the cigarette smoke.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - F Gump - 11-08-2022

For those lusting after a trade to take RW to clear salary and pick up a pick or two, info is out there that LA has no interest in ANY of that sort of trade. Reportedly (the Athletic) they only want to move RW for EXPIRING salary (so they have options in the summer) --  and they don't want to give up FRP picks, either.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 14th D | 5th Net | 6th in West - KillerLeft - 11-08-2022

(11-08-2022, 04:20 AM)F Gump Wrote: For those lusting after a trade to take RW to clear salary and pick up a pick or two, info is out there that LA has no interest in ANY of that sort of trade. Reportedly (the Athletic) they only want to move RW for EXPIRING salary (so they have options in the summer) --  and they don't want to give up FRP picks, either.

So basically, Westbrook will finish the season out in LA.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 11th D | 5th Net | 5th in West - Chicagojk - 11-08-2022

Sounds like Wood is going to miss a few games.    Hardaway is questionable for tomorrow's game

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 11th D | 5th Net | 5th in West - dirkfansince1998 - 11-08-2022

(11-08-2022, 03:29 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Sounds like Wood is going to miss a few games.    Hardaway is questionable for tomorrow's game

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1590071177082720256

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 11th D | 5th Net | 5th in West - Kammrath - 11-08-2022

(11-08-2022, 03:29 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Sounds like Wood is going to miss a few games.

[Image: oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif]

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 11th D | 5th Net | 5th in West - KillerLeft - 11-08-2022

I guess we've got some heavier McGee minutes coming to us in the near future. 

Joy.

What's the situation with Bertans?

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 11th D | 5th Net | 5th in West - dirkfansince1998 - 11-08-2022

(11-08-2022, 05:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I guess we've got some heavier McGee minutes coming to us in the near future. 

Joy.

What's the situation with Bertans?

Still out. This is going to suck. Just when I thought that McGee would finally be out of the rotation...

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 11th D | 5th Net | 5th in West - IamDougieFresh - 11-08-2022

We’ve got 48 minutes at center between Maxi and Dwight no problem. Don’t make me watch any more of McShaqtin.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 11th D | 5th Net | 5th in West - KillerLeft - 11-08-2022

(11-08-2022, 05:13 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: We’ve got 48 minutes at center between Maxi and Dwight no problem. Don’t make me watch any more of McShaqtin.

Haha, I hear you...pretty guaranteed that he's gonna play, and probably more than he has been.

RE: MAVS NEWS: 2nd O | 11th D | 5th Net | 5th in West - IamDougieFresh - 11-08-2022

(11-08-2022, 05:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Haha, I hear you...pretty guaranteed that he's gonna play, and probably more than he has been.

Luka might fight him mid game.