MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - SleepingHero - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 09:58 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1434657081689350146

The most expensive game of chicken commences.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - Tyler - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 07:44 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://deadspin.com/does-a-ben-simmons-kristaps-porzingis-swap-make-sense-1847618920

The article just casually assumes that Dallas would have to also throw in several picks, but that's starting to sound more and more like pure Philly wishcasting. 

Who is the single best player you think Philly can realistically get for Simmons straight-up? 

I'd argue KP is at or near the top of the list.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - MrGoat - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 10:40 AM)Tyler Wrote: The article just casually assumes that Dallas would have to also throw in several picks, but that's starting to sound more and more like pure Philly wishcasting. 

Who is the single best player you think Philly can realistically get for Simmons straight-up? 

I'd argue KP is at or near the top of the list.

You never know what Sacramento will do so the answer might be DeAaron Fox.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - Aussiebballer - 09-06-2021

I could see the Kings trading Fox if they think Haliburton and Mitchell can be long term starters.

Maybe not for Simmons, unless they want to use him as a Draymond Green style big.

Simmons for Siakham seems like a decent swap.
Especially if Philli want to be petty and send him to the opposite of California.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - Jmaciscool - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 05:29 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: I could see the Kings trading Fox if they think Haliburton and Mitchell can be long term starters.

Maybe not for Simmons, unless they want to use him as a Draymond Green style big.

Simmons for Siakham seems like a decent swap.
Especially if Philli want to be petty and send him to the opposite of California.

Last time a team sent a star to Toronto instead of California the raptors got a championship out of it  Smile

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - michaeltex - 09-07-2021

Personally, I think Simmons is going to be a bust wherever he lands unless he goes to Tibet and checks in to a Shao-lin monastery to get his head right.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - michaeltex - 09-07-2021

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-rumors/nba-rumors-mavericks-trail-blazers-and-pacers-could-execute-a-three-team-trade-featuring-cj-mccollum-kristaps-porzingis-and-myles-turner

KP to Portland, CJ to Indy, Turner and Lamb + Lottery-protected 1st to DAL. Initiated by Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report. FWIW, I'd do it.

No read on whether the money works, but it's more interesting that trying to suss out where the Philly headcase will (or won't) land.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - KillerLeft - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 10:52 AM)michaeltex Wrote: https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-rumors/nba-rumors-mavericks-trail-blazers-and-pacers-could-execute-a-three-team-trade-featuring-cj-mccollum-kristaps-porzingis-and-myles-turner

KP to Portland, CJ to Indy, Turner and Lamb + Lottery-protected 1st to DAL. Initiated by Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report. FWIW, I'd do it.

No read on whether the money works, but it's more interesting that trying to suss out where the Philly headcase will (or won't) land.

I'd do it too, but I think the following is important for those who only read headlines:

THIS IS NOT A LEGIT RUMOR - JUST SOME RANDOM GUY'S IDEA.

(09-07-2021, 11:14 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'd do it too, but I think the following is important for those who only read headlines:

THIS IS NOT A LEGIT RUMOR - JUST SOME RANDOM GUY'S IDEA.

You are absolutely correct!

My point was that there are much more interesting subjects than where/when/how/who related to Ben F'in Simmons. Even in the offseason doldrums.

It is September now and the guys will start showing up in DAL before long, won't they? Those that aren't already here.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - fifteenth - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 11:35 AM)michaeltex Wrote: My point was that there are much more interesting subjects than where/when/how/who related to Ben F'in Simmons. Even in the offseason doldrums.

Yeah, too much to talk about right now...too much forum traffic to be talking about Ben Simmons! I mean, if someone wanted to post about Ben Simmons, not sure you'd even be able to find it if you didn't see it immediately...it'd get burried pages deep in all the new posts and threads!!! ;-)

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - ClutchDirk - 09-07-2021

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/1435328838905499650

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - DanSchwartzgan - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 10:52 AM)michaeltex Wrote: KP to Portland, CJ to Indy, Turner and Lamb + Lottery-protected 1st to DAL. Initiated by Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report. FWIW, I'd do it.

The money works, but I believe both Indy and Portland are slightly under the tax and this deal puts both slightly over.  Not the end of the world as there is plenty of time to make adjustments.

The real issue I have with KP to Indy proposals is the idea of Carlisle and KP being reunited.  I don’t see KP happy about that prospect and wasn’t Carlisle a big Turner fan?  Don’t see it.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - omahen - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 06:00 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: The real issue I have with KP to Indy proposals is the idea of Carlisle and KP being reunited.  I don’t see KP happy about that prospect and wasn’t Carlisle a big Turner fan?  Don’t see it.

KP is going to Portland in this hypothetical, CJ to Indy and Turner to Dallas. 

I don't think Lillard would be happy if Portland traded his friend for KP. I think he wouldn't see it as a big upgrade

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - Omega_Supreme - 09-07-2021

One has to wonder why we have not added that 2nd ball handler when everyone that follows the NBA knows that is what we need. 

I love Miles Turner but I am going to need a bit more than him.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - DanSchwartzgan - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 06:03 PM)omahen Wrote: KP is going to Portland in this hypothetical, CJ to Indy and Turner to Dallas. 

I don't think Lillard would be happy if Portland traded his friend for KP. I think he wouldn't see it as a big upgrade

Wait, so when Michaeltex wrote “KP to Portland”, I was supposed to interpret that to mean KP was going to Portland?  Are you sure?   Cry

I really have to take life at a slower pace.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - Mapka - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 07:17 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Wait, so when Michaeltex wrote “KP to Portland”, I was supposed to interpret that to mean KP was going to Portland?  Are you sure?   Cry

This trade just doesn't make sense so your brain tried to solve a issue at least.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - omahen - 09-08-2021

(09-07-2021, 07:17 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Wait, so when Michaeltex wrote “KP to Portland”, I was supposed to interpret that to mean KP was going to Portland?  Are you sure?   Cry

You stated KP to Indy and mentioned KP and Carlisle "bad connection", so I thought you overlooked. No big deal...

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - DanSchwartzgan - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 02:43 AM)omahen Wrote: You stated KP to Indy and mentioned KP and Carlisle "bad connection", so I thought you overlooked. No big deal...

I was trying to indicate sarcasm.  Of course if the post said KP to Portland, I should have understood it to mean KP to Portland.  Sorry it didn't come across that way.  I should have just said "I'm such a dumb ass sometimes" and left it at that.

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - fifteenth - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 07:08 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I was trying to indicate sarcasm.  Of course if the post said KP to Portland, I should have understood it to mean KP to Portland.  Sorry it didn't come across that way.  I should have just said "I'm such a dumb ass sometimes" and left it at that.

Nothing is worse having to explain a joke :-) 

Oh, wait, there are things worse though, but, well, let me explain...never mind

RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - Moviemavguy - 09-08-2021

https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/status/1435602513139490817