MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 01-27-2022

The A-Bomb of trades that actually fixes each teams' holes

Celtics - KP, Brunson, DFS, THJ, Powell, Burke
Kings - Horford, Schroeder, 1 2nd rounder from Mavs and Celts
Mavs - Tatum, Smart, Holmes, Hield

Celtics - The Tatum/Brown combo doesn't work.  This deal completely balances their roster in the longterm and saves them 2mil this season, preventing them from being in the luxury tax.

Kings - The Kings get out from under Hield's terrible contract and land a valuable expirer in Horford to use this offseason.

Mavs - The Mavs surround Luka with shooters and land a legit 2nd star to pair him with.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - SleepingHero - 01-27-2022

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952819-nba-head-rumor-intel-latest-on-collins-turner-mccollum-grant-more?share=other

Lots of rumors here:

ATL- Most likely to trade  Gallo and Collins to upgrade the roster. For Collins they want a 1st and a starter. Spurs and DAL have been pursuing him. ATL called the Spurs and asked for White and a first.

POR- Looking to sell off McCollum. NOP has been the first rumored deal and they want JV and Hart. NOP would rather do Sato and Hayes. 

SAC- Are looking at the Pacers bigs and Jerami Grant. Barnes+Hield+Bagley are their core package. 

Bucks: Want big men and are willing to move off of DiVencenzo to do it. 

Nets: Trying to find a home for Milsap. 

Miami: is the biggest suitor for Christian Wood. So far it's been Duncan Robinson as the framework for the deal, but HOU wants more. 

HOU: Wants a 1st for Eric Gordon. Lots of team's want Theis at a bargain.

Cavs: Have been getting a lot of calls about Cedi Osman. Teams that have called are SAS, CHA, DAL, and MIL. 

Mavs: Believe that they can retain both JB and DFS, despite several executives thinking they need to get rid of one. DFS wants 15 mil. 

BOS: Have been shopping Smart but want a "significant" return. Horford and Schroeder are also in convos. But there has been a very limited market in Horford and Boston still is very motivated to get out under the tax.

TOR: Have been wanting big men and have called the Spurs to ask for Poeltl back.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - Tyler - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 12:41 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Finney-Smith is said to be searching for roughly $15 million in average annual value this offseason.

Averaging $15mm over a 4-5 year deal with regular increases means that he's looking for $13-14mm in the first year. That's a little over the MLE, and IMO a reasonable target for his agent to shoot for.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - omahen - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 01:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: ATL called the Spurs and asked for White and a first.

If this is true, surely we can match that, don't we? That seems extremely low for a player like Collins.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - omahen - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 01:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: POR- Looking to sell off McCollum. NOP has been the first rumored deal and they want JV and Hart. NOP would rather do Sato and Hayes. 

Mavs equivalent would be roughly Powell and DFS. Would they throw in RoCo if we add THJ and a first? Would you do Powell, DFS, THJ and FRP for McCollum and RoCo? Sounds interesting to me, although Brunson might not be happy.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - cow - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 01:26 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: The A-Bomb of trades that actually fixes each teams' holes

Celtics - KP, Brunson, DFS, THJ, Powell, Burke
Kings - Horford, Schroeder, 1 2nd rounder from Mavs and Celts
Mavs - Tatum, Smart, Holmes, Hield

Celtics - The Tatum/Brown combo doesn't work.  This deal completely balances their roster in the longterm and saves them 2mil this season, preventing them from being in the luxury tax.

Kings - The Kings get out from under Hield's terrible contract and land a valuable expirer in Horford to use this offseason.

Mavs - The Mavs surround Luka with shooters and land a legit 2nd star to pair him with.

Not sure about A-Bomb but if Cuban and Nico trade DFS, I'm going to call them A-Holes.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - SleepingHero - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 01:43 PM)Tyler Wrote: Averaging $15mm over a 4-5 year deal with regular increases means that he's looking for $13-14mm in the first year. That's a little over the MLE, and IMO a reasonable target for his agent to shoot for.

And it's exactly the dollar amount I'd be happy paying him. Anything higher is too much. Anything lower is a bargain.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - burekemde - 01-27-2022

Since Luka joined we have really improved from tanking team into a competitive stable playoff position every season. The key is to improve upon this, even if it is just slightly. We don't want to make trades that send us in the wrong direction. I think keeping DFS and Brunson are key to at least guarantee we are a playoff team and stable at least as competitive in future. But we need to trade some other players and be smart in trades and the draft and find real value. It's really not easy as Mavs dont have much talent on the bench and THJ is injured now. Its a difficult situation in many ways. Free agents and drafting is the key to make some bigger moves. Trading KP would provide the biggest return value, but he has when healthy made good contribution, so there is risk involve in trading him.

(01-27-2022, 01:44 PM)omahen Wrote: If this is true, surely we can match that, don't we? That seems extremely low for a player like Collins.

Basically the equivalent is Maxi and a first too. 

I think we can do that. In fact I hope the Mavs can do that.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - burekemde - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 01:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Basically the equivalent is Maxi and a first too. 

This might be a good deal yes. I would consider that. I have seen some good defense from Collins lately. He brings also a jumpshot in mid range game that Maxi does not. He is a completely different player than Maxi for good and worse. But overall he might bring more to the team.

(01-27-2022, 01:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Basically the equivalent is Maxi and a first too. 

Sorry, but I think you are extremely overvaluing Maxi. He has huge offensive limitations. Even we here mostly agree he is best used as a bench guy. White would be the starter next to Young. But would SA perhaps be more interested in assets than Collins for whatever reason? Lets say:

SA: THJ, Green, 2025 FRP
Atl: White, 2027 FRP
Dal: Collins

Bring bought out Dragic and this team looks considerably better and perhaps ready to win it now.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - cow - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 02:00 PM)omahen Wrote: Sorry, but I think you are extremely overvaluing Maxi. He has huge offensive limitations. Even we here mostly agree he is best used as a bench guy. White would be the starter next to Young. But would SA perhaps be more interested in assets than Collins for whatever reason? Lets say:

SA: THJ, Green, 2025 FRP
Atl: White, 2027 FRP
Dal: Collins

Bring bought out Dragic and this team looks considerably better and perhaps ready to win it now.

Where is the '25 pick coming from?

(01-27-2022, 02:04 PM)cow Wrote: Where is the '25 pick coming from?

Dallas, of course

(01-27-2022, 02:06 PM)omahen Wrote: Dallas, of course

They can't trade their '25 pick due to protections on the 2023 pick.

(01-27-2022, 02:00 PM)omahen Wrote: Sorry, but I think you are extremely overvaluing Maxi. He has huge offensive limitations. Even we here mostly agree he is best used as a bench guy. White would be the starter next to Young.

The rumor mentions a starter and a first for Collins. Maxi has been an important starter for us for several years now. I agree he's a lesser player than White though, and additional compensation is necessary. 

In fact we'd need to send out 9M more anyways to make the trade work. So I think you're onto something here with your 3-teamer except I'd switch it up.

DAL: Collins+Gallo
ATL: Maxi+Harris+2027 First+2nd 
ORL: THJ+Green+M.Brown

This deal puts ATL who's worried about the tax almost 20M under it. Orlando gets 2 prospects for the cost of taking THJ who'll be ready next year.

Mavs get their starter and bench scorer in Gallo. Add Dragic and we're ready to go.

(01-27-2022, 02:18 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: They can't trade their '25 pick due to protections on the 2023 pick.

Protections can be removed

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - mvossman - 01-27-2022

I love Maxi but I think White is a significantly better player.  He is what we have been looking for, A high level perimeter defender who is a quality offensive player as well a secondary play maker.  The closest we have to White in value is probably Brunson.

(01-27-2022, 02:22 PM)omahen Wrote: Protections can be removed

Have to call NYK up to do that and also pay whatever they're asking for.

(01-27-2022, 02:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Have to call NYK up to do that and also pay whatever they're asking for.

Sure. But in my opinion, if one sets up a deal that makes you a contender, a call to NY and a second rounder to remove protection should really not be a limitation.

(01-27-2022, 02:46 PM)omahen Wrote: Sure. But in my opinion, if one sets up a deal that makes you a contender, a call to NY and a second rounder to remove protection should really not be a limitation.

Right but why would NYK just do us a favor? If I was them I'd say trade us JB and we'll give your 2023 back other than that go kick rocks.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - michaeltex - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 12:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: And yet, his teams consistently win a lot in the playoffs. And his defense plays a big role in that.

FWIW, Smart doesn't have to score big numbers or shoot a high percentage. Just make the defense better and be good enough offensively the opponent has to play honest and doesn't slough off you to double Luka or KP.