MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - TXBamanut - 01-18-2022

Man, I am not excited about Collins.  I really wanted Turner to work, but oh well.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - mvossman - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 09:42 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Man, I am not excited about Collins.  I really wanted Turner to work, but oh well.

Collins is much less likely.  I don't think he is nearly as "disgruntled" as Turner and he would cost a lot more that we likely can't afford.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - KillerLeft - 01-18-2022

BE PREPARED!

[Image: ben-simmons.gif]

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - KillerLeft - 01-18-2022

Here's a name I think we should maybe watch: Gallinari.

He's not my ideal choice by any stretch, but he would start here at the 4 and rotate with Kleber there. He can shoot, pass and handle a little. Offensively, he'd help this team, I think.

...and he's feasibly available at the Mavs' price range, I'd think. 

Does that name do anything for anyone?

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - mvossman - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 10:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Here's a name I think we should maybe watch: Gallinari.

He's not my ideal choice by any stretch, but he would start here at the 4 and rotate with Kleber there. He can shoot, pass and handle a little. Offensively, he'd help this team, I think.

I think his defense has gotten really bad as he has gotten older.  I'm afraid any value he provides offensively will probably be erased by his defense.  If we are going after an older PF, I would rather go after someone like Covington.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - Tyler - 01-18-2022

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1483656286751248386?s=20

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - fifteenth - 01-18-2022

Tyler with the tweets! Thanks, pal!

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - dirkfansince1998 - 01-18-2022

Forbes is a nice addition for the Nuggets. They desperately needed a backcourt upgrade and Forbes is a great shooter. With Rivers and Campazzo both playing 20+ minutes they have a lot of minutes for him.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - fifteenth - 01-18-2022

Forbes knows a lot about business and economics too

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - Jmaciscool - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 10:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Here's a name I think we should maybe watch: Gallinari.

I feel like this is the level of player that we might end up trading for. Something where we expend something minor (not DFS or Brunson) that doesn't rock the team too much and get something back that is an equivalent player but maybe a better (or at least different) fit.

For example, THJ for Gallinari works. THJ is younger but has a longer contract.  If the Mavs feel like he didn't fit the new system then maybe he's the one to go in a trade?

With the way the team has been playing lately I'm just not sure big blockbuster with lots of departing players is the way the Mavs will go.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - KillerLeft - 01-19-2022

(01-18-2022, 11:48 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: I feel like this is the level of player that we might end up trading for. Something where we expend something minor (not DFS or Brunson) that doesn't rock the team too much and get something back that is an equivalent player but maybe a better (or at least different) fit.

For example, THJ for Gallinari works. THJ is younger but has a longer contract.  If the Mavs feel like he didn't fit the new system then maybe he's the one to go in a trade?

With the way the team has been playing lately I'm just not sure big blockbuster with lots of departing players is the way the Mavs will go.

Like I said, Gallinari isn’t my top choice, but the logic above is pretty much what was in my head, too.

I’m not seeing any big names that are both realistically attainable for the Mavs and worth giving up Brunson and/or DFS (to me).

Now, if the Mavericks know something about Brunson leaving that we don’t, that would certainly change things

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - dirkfansince1998 - 01-19-2022

(01-18-2022, 11:45 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Forbes knows a lot about business and economics too

Would have been a great addition for Cuban´s crypto team.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - fifteenth - 01-19-2022

(01-19-2022, 12:02 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Would have been a great addition for Cuban´s crypto team.

I spent a few seconds trying to work in John Wall with Wall Street, somehow. But it didn't pay off.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - SleepingHero - 01-19-2022

(01-18-2022, 10:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gallinari...

Honestly if you asked me a year ago I would have been much more interested. But his defense has taken 3 steps back, and his offense has started to become streakier and streakier. I think he'd be a great replacement in the Sterling Brown role. 10-15mpg and just comes out firing. 

I just don't see him making a positive impact if he can't stay in front of anyone. We already have THJ and his defense is bad enough.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - HoosierDaddyKid - 01-19-2022

Report: Sixers turned down big Ben Simmons trade offer from Pistons (msn.com)

That seems like a good deal to me. What is Philly expecting?

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - Chicagojk - 01-19-2022

(01-19-2022, 09:20 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Report: Sixers turned down big Ben Simmons trade offer from Pistons (msn.com)

That seems like a good deal to me. What is Philly expecting?

That does seem like a lot, but I am not sure the league thinks Grant is an all star caliber player.   And if he is willing to go back to his Denver role with maybe a little more offensive focus.    Bey is interesting but he has struggled a little on a bad team.   Is it a Detroit pick?  How tight are the protections?

There has been some chat that Morey is fine waiting to the offseason seeing if Harden, Beal or Lillard break free.  May be the smart move.  Although, you are wasting a prime Joel year.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1483590237808992257

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - mvossman - 01-19-2022

(01-19-2022, 09:54 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: That does seem like a lot, but I am not sure the league thinks Grant is an all star caliber player.   And if he is willing to go back to his Denver role with maybe a little more offensive focus.    Bey is interesting but he has struggled a little on a bad team.   Is it a Detroit pick?  How tight are the protections?

There has been some chat that Morey is fine waiting to the offseason seeing if Harden, Beal or Lillard break free.  May be the smart move.  Although, you are wasting a prime Joel year.

time to scratch him off the list.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - Scott41theMavs - 01-19-2022

(01-19-2022, 09:54 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: That does seem like a lot, but I am not sure the league thinks Grant is an all star caliber player.   And if he is willing to go back to his Denver role with maybe a little more offensive focus.    Bey is interesting but he has struggled a little on a bad team.   Is it a Detroit pick?  How tight are the protections?

So, he has zero interest in 1) playing for the Pistons, nor 2) winning.

The Shanghai Sharks might be his team, because it's certainly not an NBA team that he wants to play for.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 01-19-2022

(01-19-2022, 10:13 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So, he has zero interest in 1) playing for the Pistons, nor 2) winning.

The Shanghai Sharks might be his team, because it's certainly not an NBA team that he wants to play for.

Such a strange mentality from him.  He took a HUGE leap from like 3rd to 5th option on that Nuggets team to primary option in Detroit and has seen the results.  You would think he would notice there's a compromise between those two which is exactly where he'd fit.  He'd be the second to third option here and the primary option with certain lineups, ego is a hell of a drug....

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - Tyler - 01-19-2022

(01-19-2022, 09:20 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: That seems like a good deal to me.

Sure does. Although when such an extremely specific deal is made public, my first instinct is to question the motivation of the person who leaked it. This feels like Morey doing his normal trade propaganda thing.