MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - michaeltex - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 03:01 PM)cow Wrote: I kind of like this if JB has to go.  Not sure you can combine the TPE with 2nd rounders.  I'd also be okay with a Bullock for Kemba swap.

So the idea is Knicks give 23 FRP to Mavs and Mavs give 22/24 FRP to Sixers?  I'd question the Sixer's interest in KP so you might need to add another team.  As an aside, I think they might be really interested in Brunson.  I have thought about that trade scenario much.

Can you do this? DAL didn't have a FRP last year and you can't be without a FRP for two consecutive drafts, so giving away the 22 FRP shouldn't be kosher. Or am I missing something?

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - F Gump - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 03:20 PM)cow Wrote: Could you skirt the rules and do a 2nd trade utilizing the TPE for the salary filler from Indy?

Yes there would be multiple ways to match more players to have a legal deal that at its core is DP-JB for Turner. But my point wasn't about the salary match rules.

Instead it was about the fact just DP-JB for Turner doesn't work, and such a simple core idea has the complications of at least 3-for-1 mid-season, where every extra player you have to add (or waive) to do it might then be an issue.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - ItsGoTime - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 03:44 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Can you do this? DAL didn't have a FRP last year and you can't be without a FRP for two consecutive drafts, so giving away the 22 FRP shouldn't be kosher. Or am I missing something?
We get our 23 back from NY giving us our full arsenal of picks.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - cow - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 03:47 PM)F Gump Wrote: Yes there would be multiple ways to match more players to have a legal deal that at its core is DP-JB for Turner. But my point wasn't about the salary match rules.

Instead it was about the fact just DP-JB for Turner doesn't work, and such a simple core idea has the complications of at least 3-for-1 mid-season, where every extra player you have to add (or waive) to do it might then be an issue.

Devil is in the details, sure but the valuation of JB/DP makes a whole lot more sense than DP/DFS even if that trade is neater from a salary matching/player count standpoint.

(01-17-2022, 03:44 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Can you do this? DAL didn't have a FRP last year and you can't be without a FRP for two consecutive drafts, so giving away the 22 FRP shouldn't be kosher. Or am I missing something?

It assumes we get our pick back from New York.  It would have to be our pick since it is conditional.  I also believe that's the only '23 pick that New York owns anyway but I haven't looked that up in a while so I could be misremembering.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - ItsGoTime - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 03:01 PM)cow Wrote: I kind of like this if JB has to go.  Not sure you can combine the TPE with 2nd rounders.  I'd also be okay with a Bullock for Kemba swap.

So the idea is Knicks give 23 FRP to Mavs and Mavs give 22/24 FRP to Sixers?  I'd question the Sixer's interest in KP so you might need to add another team.  As an aside, I think they might be really interested in Brunson.  I have thought about that trade scenario much.

I thought the combining thing was with additional salary outgoing with the TPE. The TPE is the only outgoing thing from the Mavs in my trade. The 1-2 seconds are incoming with Kemba.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - cow - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 03:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I thought the combining thing was with additional salary outgoing with the TPE. The TPE is the only outgoing thing from the Mavs in my trade. The 1-2 seconds are incoming with Kemba.

I completely misunderstood your line of thinking.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - F Gump - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 03:44 PM)michaeltex Wrote:  DAL didn't have a FRP last year and you can't be without a FRP for two consecutive drafts, so giving away the 22 FRP shouldn't be kosher. Or am I missing something?

You have misstated the rule a bit.

In that rule, the past is irrelevant, as is the cumulative result of what is being done. It's only about what's ahead, either definitely or possibly.

So you can end up trading away every pick if you wish. You just can't be in a position where, looking forward, you will (or might) at any time have 2 future drafts in a row without a FRP (and it doesn't have to be yours).

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - michaeltex - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 03:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: We get our 23 back from NY giving us our full arsenal of picks.

So previous years don't matter?

DAL 2021 FRP went to NYKs, so if we get the 2023 back and trade the 2022 FRP, that gives 2 years without a FRP. But not if history doesn't count.

Just trying to understand.

(01-17-2022, 03:57 PM)F Gump Wrote: You have misstated the rule a bit.

In that rule, the past is irrelevant, as is the cumulative result of what is being done. It's only about what's ahead, either definitely or possibly.

So you can end up trading away every pick if you wish. You just can't be in a position where, looking forward, you will (or might) at any time have 2 future drafts in a row without a FRP (and it doesn't have to be yours).

Thanks for clearing that up. Our posts passed on the interweb.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - Chicagojk - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 01:49 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/status/1483138567463395334

Well I looked at the Pacers board and they universally hate either trade.   Brunson seems like an odd fit.   They have a good backup point guard and Rick seemed to view Brunson as a backup.   Same thing with DFS.  Maybe he has a good relationship with Rick, but he would be a flight risk, as would Brunson.   

Some funny comments I read saying that Rick loved Powell and they feared he would eventually be a target.  ha ha

(01-17-2022, 04:47 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Some funny comments I read saying that Rick loved Powell and they feared he would eventually be a target.  ha ha

[Image: yes-perfect.gif]

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - dirkfansince1998 - 01-17-2022

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/1483167609533177857

Turner and Lamb out. No return date.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - fifteenth - 01-17-2022

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - KillerLeft - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 07:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Turner and Lamb out. No return date.

Just for giggles, what's the most likely salary match for that duo, Mavs-package wise? Does it feel like THJ might be involved to you?

We know KP isn't involved in anything imminent, or his ass would be super glued to the bench by any sane person.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - fifteenth - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 07:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Just for giggles, what's the most likely salary match for that duo, Mavs-package wise? Does it feel like THJ might be involved to you?

We know KP isn't involved in anything imminent, or his ass would be super glued to the bench by any sane person.

THJ had his best season under Rick

[Image: NUhTOQ.gif]

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - dirkfansince1998 - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 07:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Just for giggles, what's the most likely salary match for that duo, Mavs-package wise? Does it feel like THJ might be involved to you?

THJ is the perfect salary match for Turner. Just don´t see the fit on the Pacers. I guess a combination of RC´s favorites is more likely.
Would hate the deal but Powell + DFS + 1st for Turner and Lamb into the TPE makes a lot of sense. But I am on team "give up another first before you think about DFS or Brunson".

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - KillerLeft - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 07:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: THJ is the perfect salary match for Turner. Just don´t see the fit on the Pacers.

What has me asking about THJ is the inclusion of Lamb. Does that make THJ's inclusion more plausible, is my question.

(01-17-2022, 07:51 PM)fifteenth Wrote: THJ had his best season under Rick

His two best seasons, actually.

(01-17-2022, 07:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What has me asking about THJ is the inclusion of Lamb. Does that make THJ's inclusion more plausible, is my question.

Yes, according to my sauces.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - aguiar95 - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 07:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: THJ is the perfect salary match for Turner. Just don´t see the fit on the Pacers. I guess a combination of RC´s favorites is more likely.
Would hate the deal but Powell + DFS + 1st for Turner and Lamb into the TPE makes a lot of sense. But I am on team "give up another first before you think about DFS or Brunson".

If Dorian is leaving, I'd much rather have Craig into the TPE.

(01-17-2022, 08:16 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: If Dorian is leaving, I'd much rather have Craig into the TPE.

Same. But I think the Pacers would prefer to keep Craig.

(01-17-2022, 08:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Same. But I think the Pacers would prefer to keep Craig.

WELL YOU JUST GO AHEAD AND TELL THE PACERS I PREFER TO KEEP DORIAN THEN!