MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Jym - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 02:04 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: I originally felt that contract was pretty untradeable when he signed it, and outside of him being traded to the Rockets, the Wizards, and then the Lakers, I've been proven right.  So I think the Lakers are stuck with him.

Still baffled by that original Houston trade
Why did Morey include 4 first round picks?

Gives me hope with a Philly trade.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - SleepingHero - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 04:12 PM)Jym Wrote: Still baffled by that original Houston trade
Why did Morey include 4 first round picks?

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess but CP3 looked hobbled all through the playoffs that year. He looked a step slow and battled a bunch of injuries. At 35, it was reasonable for Morey to assume the days of CP3 being elite were done. 

Meanwhile Westbrook was just coming off a season averaging another triple double, and actually made the playoffs being option 1B. 

Now Morey looks dumb for throwing all those picks in but factoring in the fact OKC also had to eat CP3's contract, it starts to make a little sense.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 01-05-2022

I'll take RoCo for a 2nd right now...

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - burekemde - 01-05-2022

If I am Hawks GM I am looking right now to trade Trae Young. His value is never going to be higher. His defense is horrible and his offensive game lacks dimensions, and can be schemed for in playoffs. He was surrounded by a great group of players and all of the seasons besides one he cant get Hawks being competitive and entering the playoffs. I see the last season as an anomaly due to covid and that played out well for them at the end with all injuries to other teams etc. Not that I think we should trade for him. In general they seem to be willing for trades. Some of their other players are interesting for potential trades.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - cow - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 02:04 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: I originally felt that contract was pretty untradeable when he signed it, and outside of him being traded to the Rockets, the Wizards, and then the Lakers, I've been proven right.  So I think the Lakers are stuck with him.

If I was a bottom dweller, I'd take Westbrook if I could get future first round picks from the Lakers.

(01-05-2022, 05:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I'll take RoCo for a 2nd right now...

Sure but he's not the same player anymore.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - SleepingHero - 01-06-2022

(01-05-2022, 05:26 PM)burekemde Wrote: If I am Hawks GM I am looking right now to trade Trae Young. His value is never going to be higher. His defense is horrible and his offensive game lacks dimensions, and can be schemed for in playoffs. He was surrounded by a great group of players and all of the seasons besides one he cant get Hawks being competitive and entering the playoffs. I see the last season as an anomaly due to covid and that played out well for them at the end with all injuries to other teams etc. Not that I think we should trade for him. In general they seem to be willing for trades. Some of their other players are interesting for potential trades.

Could you imagine going to your owner and trying to sell the idea you should trade your 22 year old all-star point guard who just led you to the ECF because his defense sucks?

I mean all your critiques are valid of Trae. None of which are big enough blockades to justify moving off of him though.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - cow - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 12:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Could you imagine going to your owner and trying to sell the idea you should trade your 22 year old all-star point guard who just led you to the ECF because his defense sucks?

I mean all your critiques are valid of Trae. None of which are big enough blockades to justify moving off of him though.

Doesn't the GM come from Golden State and the reason Young was drafted was he was an approximation of Curry?  I'm not saying the comp is all that good but rather the GM's wagon is hitched to Young.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - burekemde - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 12:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Could you imagine going to your owner and trying to sell the idea you should trade your 22 year old all-star point guard who just led you to the ECF because his defense sucks?

I know it's not going to happen. But they could really transform their franchise by this trade. And given how much talent they have around him, what they would get in return plus that talent, would make them real contenders. They would get a lot in return, it would be a blockbuster deal, they could get another young all-star and even more. I believe he is a great individual player, but not a franchise muti-dimensional cornerstone and teamplayer IMO. I think with time this will become obvious and then his value might decrease. I think the anomaly of last years playoff run is what holds the value at the moment and of course also Trae's talent. But when you look back and right now, he can't make them competitive despite ton of talent around. They should be among the leaders of the eastern conference.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Kammrath - 01-07-2022

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1479532937389522945

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ItsGoTime - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 02:22 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1479532937389522945
Capela and Simmons would be a nightmare defensively. Would be curious if Atl would actually entertain a Trae Young for Simmons and stuff deal?

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - cow - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 02:29 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Capela and Simmons would be a nightmare defensively. Would be curious if Atl would actually entertain a Trae Young for Simmons and stuff deal?

I'd guess Collins, another young player and pick(s).

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - KillerLeft - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 02:29 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Capela and Simmons would be a nightmare defensively.

Pretty interesting to me that the Ringer had Cappella high (#10, I think) in that "bad contracts" draft. That, along with the numerous times I have encountered ATL fans railing against him (the way Mavs fans do with Powell) lead me to believe that he might be in serious decline, though I haven't sampled any ATL games to confirm (I miss hehe).

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Mavs2021 - 01-07-2022

Is Ayton still very unhappy?  Maybe upgrade his status to "now just unhappy" with best record in league. Big Grin

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - SamStetz - 01-07-2022

The following are via Marc Stein:

Numerous teams are watching Portland intently to see how the Trail Blazers handle Damian Lillard’s ongoing issues with an abdominal injury, since an extended absence or a potential surgery — avenues that the Blazers have resisted to this point — would certainly have a significant impact on their trade deadline approach
The 76ers will be discussing various Simmons trade scenarios for the next month, but actually trading him before the NBA’s annual trade buzzer is not their preferred scenario. As it stands. Convincing Simmons to rejoin the team and play as much of the remaining schedule as possible, according to one source familiar with Philadelphia’s thinking, is the club’s “goal No. 1” when it comes to the wayward playmaker.

More than four weeks are left in this trade season for the Sixers to amend that stance, but the vibe they continue to emit — no matter how loudly outsiders push back — is that they believe waiting can indeed enhance their chances of acquiring a Damian Lillard or a Bradley Beal for Simmons. As it stands.

League sources say that the Jazz did entertain the prospect of trading Ingles in the offseason, before Ainge joined them, but ultimately decided it couldn’t stomach the culture hit of sending him away. Ainge, as we all know by now, is far less sentimental than most. He’s capable of trading pretty much anyone

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Kammrath - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 10:48 PM)SamStetz Wrote: The 76ers will be discussing various Simmons trade scenarios for the next month, but actually trading him before the NBA’s annual trade buzzer is not their preferred scenario. As it stands. Convincing Simmons to rejoin the team and play as much of the remaining schedule as possible, according to one source familiar with Philadelphia’s thinking, is the club’s “goal No. 1” when it comes to the wayward playmaker.

More than four weeks are left in this trade season for the Sixers to amend that stance, but the vibe they continue to emit — no matter how loudly outsiders push back — is that they believe waiting can indeed enhance their chances of acquiring a Damian Lillard or a Bradley Beal for Simmons. As it stands.

Simmons trade value must be rock bottom right now.....just don't see it getting any higher unless he starts playing again. I hope he holds out. He has made it this far.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - cow - 01-08-2022

(01-07-2022, 10:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Simmons trade value must be rock bottom right now.....just don't see it getting any higher unless he starts playing again. I hope he holds out. He has made it this far.

Low trade value and Morey not willing to just give him away.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Jym - 01-08-2022

Getting to the point where I'm not  sure Simmons would even be an upgrade over what Brunson offers
Which I guess is the point where a deal becomes an actual possibility

Just hurts us that the MBT fumbled the contract situation. Noticeably more value if he was a restricted free agent like he should be.
I hope to god Nico has hired on a contract expert or 2. No reason to make amateur mistakes with the budget they have

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm - dirkfansince1998 - 01-09-2022

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1479886471494516736

Not sure if this is actually coming from the Kings. Could also be the 76ers trying to increase Simmons value. If this is an option I would put everyone not named Luka on the table. Don´t care about Fox but Haliburton would be the perfect fit next to Luka.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm - Mapka - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 08:33 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1479886471494516736

Not sure if this is actually coming from the Kings. Could also be the 76ers trying to increase Simmons value. If this is an option I would put everyone not named Luka on the table. Don´t care about Fox but Haliburton would be the perfect fit next to Luka.

I don´t believe in a trade where the other end is looking for "the right deal".

We don´t have any players for this kind of deal to spare. And why would the Kings trade Hali?

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm - Hypermav - 01-09-2022

https://stathead.com/tiny/xEnx5