MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - michaeltex - 12-15-2021

(12-14-2021, 01:27 PM)omahen Wrote: Define hefty Smile

[Image: Hfty_Fab_TKB_HeroRndr_600x330.png?itok=v6z3T38h]

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - fifteenth - 12-15-2021

(12-15-2021, 04:25 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: checking out a Pacers forum and saw them say Levert to Mavs for a 2025 first.  I was ok, but that didn't really interest me.   But they are proposal DFS, Maxi and 2025 for Levert.  Huh?

[Image: nope-no.gif]

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - omahen - 12-15-2021

(12-15-2021, 04:25 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: checking out a Pacers forum and saw them say Levert to Mavs for a 2025 first.  I was ok, but that didn't really interest me.   But they are proposal DFS, Maxi and 2025 for Levert.  Huh?

edit- I thought this was a Pacers podcast.  It appears just an NBA one.   Weird trade idea though. 

I guess this tells how NBA sees Maxi and DFS. Not really as great assets. I am not sure LeVert is a good enough upgrade and this trade would open new holes. I wouldn't do it.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - KillerLeft - 12-15-2021

(12-15-2021, 05:04 PM)omahen Wrote: I guess this tells how NBA sees Maxi and DFS. Not really as great assets. I am not sure LeVert is a good enough upgrade and this trade would open new holes. I wouldn't do it.

I wouldn't do that, specific deal, but I'd be pretty damn interested in LaVert if the price was better.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - StepBackJay - 12-15-2021

(12-15-2021, 04:39 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: All I got to say is 120 pages....for Reggie Bullock. And the worst part. Same procedure next year. We never learn. I guess that makes us the MBT of fans. Big Grin

sigh

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Tyler - 12-15-2021

(12-15-2021, 05:04 PM)omahen Wrote: I guess this tells how NBA sees Maxi and DFS.

I see it more as an indicator of how much crack everyone smokes in Indianapolis.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Kammrath - 12-16-2021

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1471467557853007882

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Tyler - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 08:33 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1471467557853007882

I was really tempted to take one more shot at Carlisle, but at this point that feels cheap. So I'll just point out that every trade demand from a frustrated player makes me appreciate how KP has handled himself in Dallas even more.

Now to play around with the trade machine for Sabonis deals.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - cow - 12-16-2021

Lakers having internal discussions about trading Westbrook.  Seems like a long shot for them to get off that contract and return value.

For fun and something that will never happen:

Powell + THJ + Bullock for Westbrook + THT + draft compensation.  (they need shooters and defense)

or

Powell + THJ + KP for Westbrook + THT + draft compensation.  (the all-in move)

I don't think the Lakers will move off of THT but they might not have a choice if they want to improve that middling team.  There future picks, say '26 and '28, could be pretty attractive.  Of course this will never happen.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - BasketballJones41 - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 11:48 AM)Tyler Wrote: I was really tempted to take one more shot at Carlisle, but at this point that feels cheap. So I'll just point out that every trade demand from a frustrated player makes me appreciate how KP has handled himself in Dallas even more.

THJ for Sabonis works

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Mavs2021 - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 11:48 AM)Tyler Wrote: I was really tempted to take one more shot at Carlisle, but at this point that feels cheap. So I'll just point out that every trade demand from a frustrated player makes me appreciate how KP has handled himself in Dallas even more.

Honestly when they showed the mouth-covering talks between Sabonis and KP/Luka and fans suggested it was MSG 2.0, I was thinking they are probably talking sh*t about Carlisle.

With all due respect, but he´s there for two months and half the team is put on the trade market or wants to be traded.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - cow - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 12:38 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: With all due respect, but he´s there for two months and half the team is put on the trade market or wants to be traded.

To be fair, Carlisle walked into a situation with a lot of unrest.  We know Turner was unhappy prior to this season and it kind of makes sense that Sabonis might feel the same.  That said, Carlisle is definitely a lit match to that powder keg situation.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - BackToSquareOne - 12-16-2021

I need a 100% emoticon here and a +1 on the discord server. Big Grin

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Scott41theMavs - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 12:27 PM)BasketballJones41 Wrote: THJ for Sabonis works

Does Sabonis fit with Luka and KP? Absolutely not. But if you could make that deal straight up (hint: you couldn't), you do it right away and work out the roster details later.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 03:25 PM)BackToSquareOne Wrote: I need a 100% emoticon here and a +1 on the discord server. Big Grin

Moving the discord ones here is gonna happen once SBJ has time...on discord hit up Samwise and see if it can be done on discord...he is our expert there...

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - BackToSquareOne - 12-16-2021

(12-16-2021, 05:01 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Moving the discord ones here is gonna happen once SBJ has time...on discord hit up Samwise and see if it can be done on discord...he is our expert there...

Thanks - I was kidding really, but ... Big Grin

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 12-16-2021

Something myself and several others have wanted done also...

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - SleepingHero - 12-17-2021

(12-16-2021, 08:33 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1471467557853007882

Honestly would love Sabonis here. 

A trade demand should lower the leverage the Pacers have.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - burekemde - 12-17-2021

(12-17-2021, 12:40 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly would love Sabonis here. 

A trade demand should lower the leverage the Pacers have.

He would be perfect fit with Luka. Get him here, even if it means trading KP.

Players we could add if not KP: THJ, Bullock, Powell.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - omahen - 12-17-2021

He would be a perfect short roll guy for Mavs. Not sure Mavs are there to throw FRP at 33 year old role players. Perhaps, if it would cost just a couple of second rounders, he would be a great uprade over Powell.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1471867559523799048